1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Real Arcade Pro Stick coming to the US? Lies or truth?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Siyko, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

Here is some guy saying it is so. I hope it's true.. has anyone else heard anything about this?

Discuss.

2. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

what is there to discuss? There is no reason for the RAS to come to the US, it's a japanese quality japanese joystick. It's going to cost 70+$, who's gonna buy it? Certainly not your typical under 21 gamers. If someone is into 2d games they'll probably buy a bat style stick. The only people who are interested are a handful of people on hardcore sites here and there. Hori will be lucky if they can make enough money to cover the shipping cost if they release the RAS here. It aint gonna happen. Plus the RAS sucks anyways, I had two of them and hated them both, and hence the lucky members Jerky and Srider who are the new owners of those.
    Anyways, even if it did come to US, you wouldn't even buy it since you said yourself you can't afford it. Ain't gonna happen, just the reality.
    Fuck the RAS.. long live C22 (please for god sake stop super gluing joysticks!!)!

3. Heta_Akira

Heta_Akira Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shang said:

what is there to discuss? There is no reason for the RAS to come to the US, it's a japanese quality japanese joystick. It's going to cost 70+$, who's gonna buy it? Certainly not your typical under 21 gamers. If someone is into 2d games they'll probably buy a bat style stick. The only people who are interested are a handful of people on hardcore sites here and there. Hori will be lucky if they can make enough money to cover the shipping cost if they release the RAS here. It aint gonna happen. Plus the RAS sucks anyways, I had two of them and hated them both, and hence the lucky members Jerky and Srider who are the new owners of those.
    Anyways, even if it did come to US, you wouldn't even buy it since you said yourself you can't afford it. Ain't gonna happen, just the reality.
    Fuck the RAS.. long live C22 (please for god sake stop super gluing joysticks!!)!

[/ QUOTE ]

I share the part that it would be a bad move for Hori. It's a very expensive stick and besides, it is not "Real Arcade" feeling for american like MAS or X-Arcade.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't liked the previous model since I own one and for 7 years now I been playing all kind of fighting games with it.

However, it's true that is not my choice for Capcom games, so I got a MAS for the 2D games.

But for VF? I can't live without my Hori. I bought another Hori (Tekken 4) and is good, but the stick is a little stiff compared with the RAS, so I was thinking in giving a try to the RAS-Pro.

I saw it in a import store that I buy from (www.ncsx.com) but the price is terrible!!

$95.00

I live in the Dominican Republic so by the time that I got this baby in my hand, the tab will grow to like $150

I would love to see one first before spending that kind of money. I can only hope that this one is equal or better that the old RAS.

Heta Akira