1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Reduced damage

Discussion in 'Pai' started by archangel, Mar 26, 2004.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I been meaning to post this for a while i'm not sure if this has been covered already but i was wondering does anybody know why pai's[9][K][K] has reduced damage on wolf.

2. Chausin

Chausin Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    archangel said:

I been meaning to post this for a while i'm not sure if this has been covered already but i was wondering does anybody know why pai's[9][K][K] has reduced damage on wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you describe with more details?
    I know if you press the second k too soon you will miss the second kick(it is said to press the second k 2 frame after the first one is better).
    And sometimes if opponent is crouching, the second kick will also miss.

3. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    [ QUOTE ]
    I know if you press the second k too soon you will miss the second kick(it is said to press the second k 2 frame after the first one is better).

[/ QUOTE ]
    This seems to be the case. Delaying the second [K] as much as possible will mean all 3 kicks hit. I think that wolf just floats weirdly and delaying the second [K] means that Pai ends up slightly closer and you don't whiff the extra kick.

4. archangel

i guess what i'm tying to say is that wether the move is delayed or not the amount out damage is not as much on wolf as it is on other characters e.g on sarah doing a [9][K][K] i would get in the region of 40+ damage on wolf it's around 30+ damage

5. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    Ok I've tried this again in training mode on a bunch of characters (Sarah + Wolf included) and as as far as I can tell all 3 kicks hitting is 41 dmg everytime. The only other times I am getting different damage for [9]+[K],[K] is:

If I only get two kicks instead of three.

When hitting someone with only two kicks it can vary in damage depending if they got hit by the first and second kick or first and third kick. An example is in free training against akira if you do [9]+[K],[K] from the character's default positions as quickly as possible the first and second kicks will hit equaling 25 dmg. If you use delay the first and third kicks will hit equaling 35dmg. I haven't found any other variations in damage maybe it would help if you gave an example of when it happens?

6. archangel

So i guess i was wrong about the damage being reduced i tried against wolf again and managed to get 41 damage without the counter hit, though i would say he is the hardest out of every character to get the 41 damage , i tried the delayed swallow kick on jeffry,sarah,aoi,akira,kage,pai,vanessa and goh i managed to get the 41 damage usually the first time or 3 or 4 times after.

Also i have another question do u have to be certain distance to get the max damage?

7. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Damage is not distance dependent for swallow kick