1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Bryant will be at Newcon PDX 12/29 - 12/30 (Portland, OR)

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The voice of Sarah Bryant, Lisle Wilkerson, will be a featured guest at Newcon PDX!

This New Years Anime Convention will be running 12/29/12 - 12/30/12 and details can be found at the above link.

From the website (though here with some spell checking):

Shinobi, Neonomide and ToyDingo like this.
  2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    !!!!????!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Awesome...

Chanchai likes this.
  3. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Great, someone can hopefully ask why is her voice work in the VF-series so terrible.

Chibiaya likes this.
  4. def

def Well-Known Member

It's better than the other characters at least those that speak English as well. (at least in my opinion)

5. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    Am I the only one who likes the english voices in vf? o_O

BeastEG and Shinobi like this.
  6. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I like them, most of them (Lion can go die somewhere...). I always thought Sarah was one of the few characters that sounded "normal"...

7. def

def Well-Known Member

agreed when it comes to Sarah's voice, though i have to say she really shined with her voice in VF4, but the way she pronounces the better run home to mama line in VF5/DOA5 is kinda...dull or something. Not as good as her VF4 saying of it.

8. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    I hope everyone understands that VF voices are deliberately cheesy. I love them! It's part of the VF legacy ;)

9. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    That's the problem, VF5 voices seemed to be designed to be nostalgic (hello Japanese players), but when attracting newer players, they have no sense of the nostalgic appeal, and it just comes off as cheesy and terrible.

Plus these voices (the english speaking ones at least) ARE cheesy and terrible. VF4 voices were better and doesnt sound like they were recorded through a paper cup and string. My non-VF friends tell me that Sarah sounds like she just woke up out of bed, lol, no enthusiasm