1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Ver.D Item Win-Pose!

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by LucidNightmare, May 20, 2008.

1. LucidNightmare

LucidNightmare Well-Known Member

2. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Haha, I knew it! As soon as I saw that broom item along with all of her other witch items, I thought "I bet as a win pose she's going to get on that thing and fly."
    I started to think I was wrong when I saw like 2 or 3 Sarah players win with that item and Sarah kept doing the old win poses. Thanks for sharing this, pretty cool.

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I figured she'd just float there for a bit, but when she took off, full-on flying, I was clearly wrong hahaha.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What the hell?!
    [​IMG]

Ok I think Sega's pushing the boundaries of reality further than they have ever been so far.. lol

5. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Floats
    Bounce combos
    TFT (and Kage in general)
    Akira's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    All the female characters' faces
    Eileen able to do damage
    Jeffry's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif doesn't paralyze
    etc...

Oh shit, Sega is really pushing reality to it's limits now.

6. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    What's wrong with Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ? I'm sure there are breakdancers who can do it. Same for his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

How about Sarah's and Jacky's sommursaults? Jumping head over heels that high, without a running start either, I bet *that* is not humanly possible.

7. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    It hits low.

8. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Oh! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yeah. Anyway, whats wrong with female characters faces?

I think I was referring to logic behind that. If Sarah would be able to fly, why doesnt she do it all the time.. It is slightly_ different thing being knocked into the air or jumping. I guess. Dunno. *shrug*

10. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    LOL by that logic, hell, why does vanessa just doesn't shoot everybody and bazooka dural ftw? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

EDIT: hmm, i just realized Kage can teleport so maybe she should use homing missiles or sth /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif OK this is totally OT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

11. PompousKristina

PompousKristina Well-Known Member

Just be glad that the 'unrealism' in Virtua Fighter is not as bad as in Tekken::shudders::. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I don't dislike Tekken's escape from realism when it comes to their characters (I mean, how realistic are Blanka and Dhalsim /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif ) but the movement in Tekken is so herkyjerky that it looks like they're having seizures and the effect of some of the attacks are... well, you guys have seen Tekken /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif I don't hate Tekken though, it's just I have to play it totally different than any other fighting game.
    In Tekken getting up from a knockdown the wrong way (or even just laying there sometimes) can mean life or death.
    Tekken wasn't total trash but with these Tekken 6 vids that I'm seeing... 100% combos, the rage system... Tekken 6 might just be the MVC2 of 3D fighters /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Dunno about bazookaing dural but not using firearms in a hand-to-hand tournament would be logical to me. But this will just show how much storyelements VF lacks. We dont know the circumstances of the fights, we just take it all for granted. Kage cannot teleport afaik... at least in theory.

I dislike tekkens visuals more than anything, the moves and the hiteffects have extremely little to do with each other let alone martial arts techniques.

ps. dose of offtopic every once in a while is healthy.

14. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

funny stuff. As A tekken player as I am. Tekken got unrealism beat compare to VF. You've got Animals, Ogres, Laser, and Robots.

The flying on the broom is funny though. As funny as some of the intro scenes.

15. PompousKristina

Yeah, and unfortunately once the console version of Tekken 6 is released, you're going to be seeing so many rave reviews of this game from various video game sites(Gamespot, IGN, 1up, etc.) and fanboys/fangirls screaming "BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER", "BEST 3D FIGHTING GAME EVER",
    "BEST AND MOST BALANCED TEKKEN TO DATE", "GREATEST FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME", and other bullcrap like that and the game will still sell like hotcakes no matter how much it sucks. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Every fighting game when released is best fighting game ever.

17. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Because she saw Bryan Fury do it and decided that she was better than that.

I remember the Tekken 3 fanboyism back in Games Master when they changed their layout (100 Tekken facts, no thanks), and the same goes for when Tekken 4 ("The Daddy of Fighting Games Returns") was announced in CVG when they had a layout change as well. I stopped buying both magazines shortly after they said those things.

18. WhiteAngel50000

WhiteAngel50000 Well-Known Member

This is a Sarah item win pose thread. Why are you guys talking about Tekken? Many of you that Tekken 6 is not balanced like Virtua Fighter 5. Tekken 6 is about doing high damgage combos.
    I rather play Virtua Fighter 5 tan Tekken 6.

19. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Sarah flying is not unrealistic. She has prepared some ropes before the fight and they pull her off the ground.

If you want to talk about something unrealistic, then talk about the motion Vanessa does when hitting a sideturned character with OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif(Hit)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

20. PompousKristina

Don't forget unrealistic moves and moves that have nothing to do with the martial art itself(Seriously, jumping cartwheel kicks and butterfly kicks in aikido and ballerina twirls and aikido-like throws in Baguazhang and Pi Gua Quan? Gimme a break.). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif