1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Score Attack Mode

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Namflow, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Namflow

Namflow Well-Known Member

For those of you not aware, if you play the 1 player version of the game set to standard options (2/3 rounds, 45 seconds) you compete in the score attack mode. As you're playing you get points for certain things, and when you beat the game with a high score it'll not only save on that machine, but be tallied against other high scores on vf.net.

Here (to the best of my memory) are how you score points:

- First attack (1,000)

- Excellent (30,000)

- Special move finish. You trigger this by ending a round with a special move. Special moves seem to be powerful moves and launchers. For Shun the move's that trigger this bonus are [8]+[K]+[G], [4][3][P], and [2][3][6][P]. He might have more... This bonus is worth 1,000 points against the 1st opponet, 2,000 against the second, and so on...

- Energy bonus. Varies depending on how much energy you have left.

- Time bonus. Varies depending on how fast you finish the opponet.

- Ring out. Worth less points than a special move finish, and if you win by ringout I don't think you can get 30,000 for an excellent.

- Combos. More damaging combos are worth more points. Even if the combo involves a stagger or a quick pounce and is not a true combo the game will still award you points for it. Throws such as El Blaze's Day Job and Shun's [P]+[G] give combo points. El Blaze can get almost 9,000 points off of [4][K][P][K] (stagger) -> [4][6][P]+[K] -> [3][3][P]+[K]+[G].

- Accumulative bonus for not losing rounds. This is a bonus that starts in the first round and, as long as you don't lose, continues to accumulative. This has a big affect on your score so you're score against Akira (the last character) will be a lot higher than against the 1st character, even if you trounce the first character with 2 excellents in record time.

Tips

- Finish every round with a special move
    - Damage your opponet with combos instead of single hits
    - Earlier opponets won't tech roll so use otb combos and quick pounces for extra damage and longer combos.
    - Get as many excellents as possible.
    - Finish the round as quickly as possible.
    - Don't win by ringout.
    - Don't lose a round.

Some of these tips can be tricky to execute together. Ie: If you go for a special move finish you might get hit and lose an excellent. The most important thing is to not lose a round. After that would be getting exellents, and then using combos to get extra points.

Some of you might be thinking "Man Namflow why you posting about beating the computer? Go pwn some noobz and rank up!" Well, I figured out most of this info while waiting for the noobz to get to the arcade, and in the process ended up getting the 7th highest Shun score in the country. Take a look!

[​IMG]

For those of you who are curious, the highest score for all characters is a Wolf named TEAM.VS みや with 2105600 points.

2. Cephiros_VII

Cephiros_VII Well-Known Member

So, it's something like Ranking Mode in VF2.... cool /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Stop playing the CPU and rank up!!!

Seriously though that's good shit... I think its cool that you can have something to strive for even playng against the CPU...

That was a good write up though... Thanks... Next time try to get over 2,000,000 points to be ranked tops of all characters /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

-Alex

4. Taiyoken

Taiyoken Member

Well. This is certainly something new. Pretty nice, anyway. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif If you get a high score or something, do you get some kind of reward?

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I just hope it makes to the PS3 version to help keep the game alive for more than the usual 2-3 months. I miss the VF2 ranking mode. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. foda500

foda500 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GLC said:

I just hope it makes to the PS3 version to help keep the game alive for more than the usual 2-3 months. I miss the VF2 ranking mode. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

Jeffry Vs Eileen pay atention to "Score" in the botton left

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

There you go. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK then, I hope it's not dropped. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif