1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 - Individual Player Events Plan and Discussion

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, May 18, 2013.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Similar to the other thread (the team one), but for individual events. Will try to incorporate as much as possible the past feedback, but only if it does not increase my workload more than I already put in season 1.

The current plan is to have 3 events (once a month) leading to a title match set in the fourth month (3 players from the events plus the current title holder). The 3 events will be:

1. Round Robin to Single Elimination - VF Circuit/VFR Format
    2. Double Elimination - Standard Fighting Game Tournament Format
    3. Special - Some random format to be decided.

So it looks like for 2013 - we can fit in one title match, but if the VF Circuit still have a life, this would mean there will be 3 title matches every year onwards.

phanatik, Shinobi, IcKY99 and 4 others like this.
  2. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

3. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    so let's get this started!

4. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    so it returns

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  5. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    So when do these start?

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    After Sega Cup Europe...likely September to December

Mister likes this.
  7. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I hope I'm free for this Think I've gotten a lot better since last curcuit but still gonna need to put in work for this

8. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    I guess I should start practicing again. Its been a very long time since I played VF

9. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Do the team events start at the same time as these, or does one start before the other?

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    They will be occurring in the same time period.

With the individual events - the plan is that the schedule will be set in stone by me (except for the "title matches" which will allow the winners to agree on a set time and date). The goal of Season 2 individual events is to adapt what people liked from Season 1 to the new season.

With the team events - the plan is to make it very flexible for the 2 teams that are scheduled to compete. I'm hoping to post a draft of how the teams will be competing with each other, how teams with more than 3 players will work (two teams beings fielded simultaneously or bench players within a team match). The plans I have for the team events is to try to meet some of the goals I failed to accomplish in Season 1.

A major change for the upcoming season is to completely remove Room Mode for the matches.

11. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    I'm in, time to get back into the swing of things.

12. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Craig u and KADAJ are stiill on the team right?? its been like 15 years.

Craigbot likes this.
  13. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    i cant wait. ie been practicing online for awhile.
    why remove room mode?

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Desynchs too much of a hassle.

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

This is good in terms of lag, but I am not convinced organising team matches using player matches only is any less of a hassle.

16. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Since I have not posted a draft of how the team matches/format will play out (except posting some ideas of how it would run), I really have not posted anything that should convinced you it is less of a hassle :). But since I am the main person organizing and running these events, believe me in that I will not be making it harder for me to run compared to Season 1.

I can assure you that I'm not just making things up and just hoping for the best. Things are thought out carefully even if the plans do not pan out (for example the desynch issues with PSN rooms from Season 1). I hope to have a draft of how the events will run posted soon.

But if you think rooms is the way to go, it would be more helpful to post exactly the benefits except just to say you are not convinced that it would be less of a hassle.

17. Santanero

Santanero Member

Damn, good thing I caught this before september. Time to hit the lab. Last season was fun.

Craigbot likes this.
  18. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Oh good, we can do some training to get ready :).

Santanero likes this.
  19. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    To my understanding, yes.

DigitlSamurai likes this.