1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA is finally doing something!

Discussion in 'General' started by tatey0u, Dec 1, 2010.

1. tatey0u

tatey0u Member

I first got this message from our China's VF forum, then i look it up on google and several sources confirmed this news, like http://kotaku.com/5701171/sega-sees-a-future-for-arcade-gamingin-china
    And it all came from a Japanese website:http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20101126-00000015-jijc-biz

So basically, we can count on this is true, then Arcade version of FS is going into China in spring. Well, SEGA probably saw how Tekken 6 and street fighter iv is on fire in China's Arcade market.

This is a good news since VF5R is Japan only, and FS is finally coming out of the closet. After 3 years, this is quite a huge step forward. Spring in China, that's maybe Fall in US.

But, even as a Chinese player, i still wish SEGA can make it happen on consoles, i don't care that there are hundreds arcade rooms in Beijing, i just want to play it in my living room.

VF players in China are doing our best to recommand this game to more people, especially to tekken players, sf players and millions and millions of kof players. Maybe when SEGA got a little sugar from China or US, they will finally thinking about move it to the console.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Like everything with Sega nowadays, seeing is believing. They take pleasure in finding new and inventive ways of messing things up and i can't for the life of me see why this would be any different.

3. Nono

Nono Active Member

Sega has got a chinese development team, theyve just recently started showing the first game of theirs called golden gun, which is essentially a chinese HoTD (even reuses some of the models), so I imagine some good stuff may come chinas way.

I severely doubt sega will go anywhere else though...

However, bootlegs/clones may leak if the popularity grows, from what I've seen on the net as of late, there are some cloned lindbergh parts about, which considering the expense of arcade machines nowadays is sure to become more common, if the popularity grows in china...

At one point a few months back I read that sega was looking to bring arcade gaming back...

Which considering how everyone wants to define their lifestyle as a gamer, makes sense...

but still, it wont work...

4. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

AFAIK, the owner of sega/sammy is that pachinko guy with connection to the North Korean mafia or something, so maybe this is what facilitated his entry into china.

5. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Arcades in China might grow pretty fast. Arcades and net cafes are popular here because it's so inexpensive for people to hang out at them. A game of VF/Tekken/SF can cost as little as ten cents. Internet speeds at home really aren't very good for online play and habitual gaming in general is discouraged by parents since children are pressured to focus on education or work. China is still 10-20 years behind much of the developed world. Movie theaters, arcades, net cafes and other things we've had for decades have only been around in major Chinese cities from the mid to late 90's. From what I've seen, shooting, driving and basketball redemption games seem to be the most popular.

6. tatey0u

tatey0u Member

Wow, you really know stuff about China. Have you ever lived here before?
    There are just some minor error, arcade started its popularity in early 80's in China, but in early 90's, China banned the arcade industry. That's why early version of KOF and SF are so hot in China even now. What you saw as a growing arcade market is actually a reviving market.
    10 cents is too cheap, arcade in China mostly cost 20 cents to a dollar, depend on what game you want to play.

7. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Andy is scottish but he has the internet and plays Mah Jong

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Dont confuse people, GE. Andy is filipino.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Bullshit. Andy hails from the Galapagos.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Seeing the topic I was sure it had something to do with Sonic games.

11. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    word on the street is that fs is coming to consoles in june.

but, as we should all know by now, it's best to take such rumors with a healthy amount of skepticism...

12. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Yeah China getting final showdown(at least its getting out of Japan). Now just bring it to the US.

13. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I already gave up since TGS this year. Maybe there is still a tiny chance that SEGA is doing something undertable now, and going to launch FS right after the announcement in 3 months.

Witout promotion now but expecting more people involved with VF6 in the future? I don't get it...

14. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    this thread is weird...

15. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

China will bootleg it somehow....then we can get our hands on a cab lol

16. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

TGS was a big letdown. I still think something is possible. Tekken 6 was a 2 year wait, and since I'm not competitive anymore, I can wait a bit.

I am ready for a new fighting game though- nothing on the PS3 is fun right now except in tiny doses.

17. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    For all the people who have given up.

You guys are IDIOTS!

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Well if we got some of those secret emails we might know better eh [​IMG]

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Ah! Clarity. Trust L_A. Believe Jide. Here it is, magnified.

20. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

^Umm, what? There's a politics thread if you want to talk about politics.

Jide, it's a bit unfair to call those who have given up, idiots.
    I haven't given up but Sega has let VF fans down time and time again and for the most part has no contact with their fans outside of Japan.
    When you see what companies like Namco and Capcom do for their fans, it's a bit hard to not get discouraged and feel a sense of abandonment.

Sega doesn't have to kiss our asses but a bit of attention (maybe a little bit of love) would be appreciated.