1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

sega's vf4 page updated

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mr. Bungle, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sega-rd2.com/vf4/>http://www.sega-rd2.com/vf4/</A> has been updated. one update seems to be a location list of the most recent test version. the other, translated through babelfish, is hard to make out. i can't tell if it's some sort of release notice (8/1) or if it's some sort of regional tour where opinion and data on the game is being collected - looks more like the latter, to me. shota? hiro? can you or anyone else summarize this for us?

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

On July 10th, they are going to have the VF4 available on dozens of arcades listed on the page. They will be running a real-world test of VF.NET, with SEGA's central servers collecting the data from each arcade. They are bit ambiguous on whether they'll be using the final version of the game.

From August 1st on, with the release of VF4, SEGA will commence on a marketing campaign at the various arcades listed on the page. At each arcade, there will be an introduction from AM2's developers, tutorial on VF.NET system and a mini-tournament of sort to recruit "star players" in the region.

It sounds like SEGA may start this "Tetsujin" thing again.

....aside from this news on AM2 page, guys at the Japanese message board posted that the final version of VF4 will be available as early as July 10th. That's at least when the famed Kani-Spo arcade in Shinjuku is getting the game.

...of course, if I take those guys' words for it.

3. Mr. Bungle

thanks, shota.

anyone get the feeling vf4 is being rushed to hell, and that we'll be seeing even more revisions than vf3?

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect anything less~

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

5. Guest

Guest Guest

It wouldn't be a proper fighting game without one or two revisions, now wouldn't it? It sounds to me like the attacks inflict too much damage (compared to VF3), something I guess I'll only learn when I play. I'm sure all that will be properly balanced out with the revisions, and that's fine with me. Those revised versions are based on loads of game-time and usually work out for the better (VF2.1, VF3tb). I would guess that the PS2 version will just be the original VF4. What better way to sell Virtua FIghter on GameCube or X-Box than to sell the revised "tb" version?

Cynical? Yeah, but Sega needs the money these days, and if the people wanna pay for Virtua Fighter, bring it on.

And, oh yeah, this game is gonna rock. Nothing more fun than taking the rookies to school.

Daniel Thomas

6. Mr. Bungle

vf2.1 had some big changes, but ask any hard core vf2.0 player which they prefer, and they'll probably just shrug - except for kage players (they chopped his dick off, essentially). and i know of only one 2.1 machine in the entire hemisphere.

vf3 had five revisions. and NA really got the short end of the stick due to timing, getting nailed with rev. C and all the glorious low kick cheese within. ver D and tb never made it over to the US except for a few isolated machines. that's not really acceptable.

revisions are understandable and welcomed if they improve the game; the problem is that we may get shafted like we did with all of the other late revisions.

7. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

From August 1st on, with the release of VF4, SEGA will commence on a marketing campaign at the various arcades listed on the page.

Are any of the arcades located in Florida, particularly north Florida?
    Anywhere close, like Georgia or central Florida?
    Are there any NA locations listed?

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=blue>DOG</font color=blue>

8. Mr. Bungle

updated again. more info on game system. not much already reported by others on this board, except (either new or confirming that):

kickflips are reversed with db+P+K (ugh. what a load of bullshit);
    only specific attacks destroy walls;
    "vf3 dodges" are executed with u or d, in both cases they must return to neutral to work; throws and circular attacks still nail dodgers;
    there is only one pounce - no more high and low pounces;
    P+K+G to quick rise with kip, d+P+K+G to quick rise with roll towards screen, u+P+K+G to quick rise with roll away from screen.

there's also something about "handling attacks" which i can't really make out. i don't know if that has something to do with stances or inashi's or whatever. anyone care to translate and/or add or correct anything?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ohhhhh fuck that means some of those beautiful pounces were removed!!!!!
    for example(Lion's,Shuns,Aois,Jeffreys,Lau's "high" pounces were beautyfull!!!!!!!!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ohhhhh fuck that means some of those beautiful pounces were removed!!!!!
    for example(Lion's,Shuns,Aois,Jeffreys,Lau's "high" pounces were beautyfull!!!!!!!!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

It looks like Kage's distance dependent pounce is still there. I remember seeing both the head and the foot pounce on KO.
    Did some characters keep the high pounce as their one and only pounce? Lion's in particular was useful for specific occasions.