1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shadowloo Showdown - Melbourne Australia 12th Dec

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by El_Twelve, Dec 5, 2010.

1. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

http://www.shadowloo.com/showdown

A bit of short notice. I'm not involved with the organisation of this, but I thought I'd put it up.

Shadowloo Showdown runs from 11th to 12th of December, and is primarily an SF4 event, but there will be a VF tourney on Sunday the 12th starting 2pm.

VF community is a bit small, but if anyone is in Melbourne, please show up to support the fighting game scene.

Japanese SF4 players Tokido and Mago will be there, as well as Gamerbee from Taiwan. We're not sure if any of them will enter VF, but bring your best game.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Shadowloo Showdown - Melbourne Australia 12th Nov

If I didn't have plans this coming weekend I would have made it for sure!

For those going, don't miss the opportunity to play (or tempt to play) Gamerbee in VF! And if someone wouldn't mind conducting an interview with him, that would be awesome.

3. El_Twelve

Just got word Gamerbee will be playing VF, and will probably do an interview too. [​IMG]

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

That's great! Do you know who'll be conducting the interview?

Would it be OK if I create a thread here to ask for questions from the VFDC community?

5. El_Twelve

Will probably be Berzerk doing the interview. I'll see if I can contact him and ask.

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Dude, just move to Melbourne already [​IMG]

3 VF events here in 2 months

I know It's a bitch to get here but at least it starts at 2pm this time.

Even if you have a late night Saturday you could probably make it right? [​IMG]

Yeah I know it's not that simple :p

Kenny I think Gamerbee has better Japanese than English right?, you might have a better shot at communicating with him than the rest of us.

I'll try and record some match videos anyway, looks like there aren't any SF related things happening at the same time as VF so hopefully he'll play some casuals as well!, fingers crossed.

7. El_Twelve

Just heard from Berzerk too. He's happy to go with any ideas you'd have Myke, so that's a go ahead for setting up a questions thread.

Alex, I'll hang round and see if they need me to translate. I speak some Chinese too although I'm very very rusty.

Crud, so much for me not being involved...

Currently trying to convince my wife to let me go both days. Heheh. :p

8. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red

I've been behind the 8ball on this a little bit but definitely will have VF5 running SUNDAY 2pm

http://www.shadowloo.com/showdown

More specifically

http://www.shadowloo.com/showdown/timetable.html

If you guys have Qs for Gamerbee ask me and if you want to talk about anything you'd like me to include in my background for interview/tournament PM me.