1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Should RGG and SEGA release a Road Map for VF5US

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Sep 1, 2021.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Should RGG and SEGA publish a more complete development road map for Virtua Fighter Ultimate Showdown? I know they have talked about the up coming e-sports tournament/cup schedules. But they have said very little about their future development plans for VF5US:confused: Many game publishers these days give their fans some kind of short term and long term development plans for their games. So that fans will stay interested. Yes many times these plans are somewhat vague, but they do give the fans a general idea of whats coming next.

So far it looks like we're going to get some kind of online tournament mode in addition to all of the online features that were added in updates 1.04, 1.05, 1.10 etc. However, there has not been much mention of replays, rollback, other offline VS content, or single player modes or future character customization.

Should RGG and Sega release an official Road Map for VF5US,:whistle: or should we assume the online tournament mode is the last update for VF5US :meh:

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    After Patch 1.10, Aoki wrote they are looking at all the feedback, but that updates based on the feedback will likely be in small increments at each update.

I assume we will have minor updates 1.11, 1.12 in the meanwhile until they have a major update to the game, i.e. 1.2.

masterpo likes this.
  3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I have been saying this for quite some time, but everyone just looks at me like I'm cray cray or complaining. The game is dying in the west. They can't afford to be silent about their planned releases or what's in store for the future of US.

4. Zaibatsu

Zaibatsu Active Member

They are silent because there are no plans at all... simply like that.

masterpo likes this.
  5. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    This is likely true, and not only may they not have specific plans, they may not have a specific budget, and are playing it all by ear, taking it one step at a time, one day at a time. But that is a risky strategy. :unsure: Potential players may just walk away from VF because they don't see a future in the game.:oops:

6. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

They probably should have aimed the game, at the large amount of players who left, which would have been the smart thing to do.

The good thing is, VF5 Ultimate Showdown is based on VF5 Final Showdown, "but" the bad thing is, VF5 Final Showdown is the game that not just sold the least, but also pissed off and made alot of players leave. This whole thing is like a double-edged sword, not just for VF and sega, but for it's fans who stayed with Final Showdown, and those who left.

I'm planning on making a topic on this soon. It will have alot of interesting things in it, that VF players have been talking about, and complaining about for years, and things people don't really talk about, which could help VF make a natural resurgence. Just give me a couple of days to figure out what to write.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    masterpo likes this.
  7. Shensun

Shensun Active Member

I think VF5 accomplished what it set out to do. Prove that there is a market for the series and that Virtua Fighter 6 is a viable option. I'm guessing that updates from here on out will be minimal and all the man power will go towards Virtua Fighter 6

Shinobi likes this.
  8. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

The road map is...... years of silence and 40% chance of VF6.

9. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk