1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Singapore Feb 16 - 26

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Myke, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'll be in Singapore from Feb 16 to 26. During my time there I should be free for VF on one or maybe two occasions, but I can't say for sure just yet.

So if anyone would be interested in getting together, send me a PM before I leave with contact details.

Cheers,

2. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for the PMs I've received so far!

I just have a request though, which should hopefully make things easier for everyone. And that is, can one person among you organise everything? It's easier if I deal with one person directly than 5 or so individuals.

Cheers guys.

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Sure, but it will be nice to know who are those that have PMed you. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    heh, genie, yourself and alantan have PM'd me so far.

5. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

I recommend Genie!

6. LittleWild

Genie and alantan are both fine.
    It will be hard for you to contact me because I have no mobile.

Just ask alan/genie to leave their contact no. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Look forward to having a few games with you.

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm trying to sort out my schedule as early as possible, so can you guys let me know which day/time would be most convenient to meet and play everyone?

Since I arrive on the (late) evening of Saturday, 16th February, this leaves Sunday to Thursday as possible days/nights for VF. How does that suit?

I just read the Sg tournament thread, and it looks like I won't be able to attend given the dates. Shame!

8. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

From wat i see, alantan oso couldn't make it and in his post he did mentioned abt the tourney date is too near and ppl need more time for practice.

May you guys enjoy!

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

More time to practice???

Toronto has already had 2 tournaments and they got VF4 a month or two after Singapore did. I guess this is another gathering that you're not going to make it to, huh Lau Abuser? Already setting up the excuses~~ Have any of the Singapore regulars on this forum ever met Lau Abuser in person?

That being said, I hope you all have a good time, and good luck to Genie. I hope the tournament runs without a hitch. Using the fencing software is a good idea.

10. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    nope > ¦ )
    but i would like to...and im sure everyone feels the same way as i do.

11. LittleWild

Most people will have to work on Thursday, so it really depends on when they reach the arcade,(Bugis or AMK?)
    Sunday will be more likely a better day for some of us.

I am fine with both days /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    We can play for 2 days /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    So is Sunday, 17th Feb, good for everyone? If so, then afternoon, evening, or both? I need to know in advance in order to obtain permission from a certain someone /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

*queue whip sound effect*

13. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I'm around from the afternoon onwards.

14. LittleWild

How about this, 17th Feb, Sunday.
    We meet at AMK?

I will inform danny13, shun_di05 and feii and alantan to turn up.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I reckon someone should at least meet up with my buddy before the whole afternoon get together.

AMK arcade centre is not exactly the easiest place to find..I remember last time I went back there..not all the taxi drivers know where it is...imagine the taxi driver not knowing where it is n myke also not knowing where it is hehehe

that way..who ever meeting myke can also break social ice/ bring myke there as well...

Or else someone can tell myke which kopi tiam the arcade is next to..I cannot remember the name..S...something...S11? S23?

16. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hehe its s11

17. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I think Myke told me he is staying near bugis. I think Bugis should be fine. more machines.. Although AMK is cheaper and 3 rounds is more consistent. We should go to the 5 square place one of these days.

18. LittleWild

Meet at Bugis, then you drive us over to AMK /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
    The rest of the gang take train.

We will meet Myke at Bugis on Sunday then. Since he is gonna be near that place.

19. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

My suggestion is that we figure out where the that Five Rounds place is, then probably scout the place out a bit before Myke arrives.

Makes it a whole lot easier on the wallet in the long run if there are so many of us going... Bugis is starting to take its toil on my meager pay.... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif alternatively, appoint the "founder" of the location to meet everyone, and bring the whole lot of us there ?

I'm for more rounds in comparison to more machines. Granted that all of us would remain in the queue longer, but its probably a more fulfilling experience... Thoughts ?

20. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I read that Parklane has vs 2 machines set to 3 squares 50 cents. Is that true? We can always go parklane as it is so close to bugis. You people should stop going busgis and force them to drop the price. 2 squares is really short.

One machine is really slow. If you have played in AMK, when there is like 5 players... it take like eternity to play as most people, me included, will challenge 2-3 time before getting up. It is understandable as if you just play one game it is hard to knock someone of his streak as he is so "hot" and you just sat down.