1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

so who thinks....

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Jerky, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

VF4 will go the way of the dodo in arcades after having all the exposure and boot camp maggots fade away? Or better yet, how long do you think the madness will last? Just looking for opinions folks, this has nothing at all to do with how I feel about VF. Fuck this post all together if this has been brought up before.

Andrew

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i think if the fighting system remains the same or along similar lines as all of the other games in the series, and if people remain as stupid, arrogant-clueless-dickheaded and yomi-egocentric as many started to become in the vf3 (DC) era, then i don't see much difference in vf4's lifecycle and player scene as vf3's.

but who knows, maybe it'll be the greatest game ever to grace this green earth, ushering in new generation of smart, generous players from all over the world, setting us on a path to gaming utopia and eventually world peace

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Rich

Tekken 4
    Once that comes out, VF4 will fade
    Cause the general crowd are DUMB.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, remember how "good" the graphics of Tekken 3 were while VF3's graphics sucked?

Or the fact that VF3 comes out on DC way after the arcade version, but we have to talk about the dated graphics....

ugghhh...

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Tekken 4 actually, but much more to VF3.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Or maybe tekken 4 will be a better game? Don't let your own biases come in so badly..

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

6. Mr. Bungle

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Should I be rude?
    Should I keep my cool?

Hmmmm, here I go.

DO NOT ASSUME TO KNOW ME!/images/icons/mad.gif

BIAS????
    ME?????

I play ALLLLLL games.
    From platform, to pokemon, to racing, to shooters, to fighting.

I never said Tekken was bad did I????

I only indicated it was the more POPULAR GAME!!!!!

If I was biased, I WOULD NOT ask Doomboy to carry his PS2, take a train, walk to my place...so that I can play Tekken!
    Did you see me respond to the 'what's wrong wif tekken' thread?

Or do u not know that I tell people on THIS VERY BOARD to give Namco credit, cause whatever it is, since thousands of people enjoy it, they must have done SOMETHING RIGHT?

If I was biased, why in the world would I wanna BUY THE DAMN GAME??? Even Myke questioned my purchase!!!!

Ask Chan, if I was biased, why in the world would I bother to go hunt for sites n try n learn the game????

And Tekken 4 being better than VF4?
    You DO know every incarnation of Tekken only comes out after the latest version of ANY VF SERIES!

Sorry If I overeacted.
    I just hate being called biased when I'M NOT!

And you did 'READ' the thread me involving me n uk kid discussing VF n tekken, which made me said the general crowd is dumb because of the comparisons between VF n Tekken made by the general crowd.

Bias?
    ME?
    Try again!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

8. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Or hopefully they'll be so many great new things in VFX it will take namco several years to steal them all,the game takes so long to develop that namco goes broke and the game never gets released and VFX wins by default.....maybe

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

erm..I read this post after making my own so if you don't wanna read the most biased opinion of all time you'd better skip it (my post that is)

10. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can really predict how popular VF4 will be or if scrubs will continue to flee from it like the plague,but I'm sure Yu Suzuki is doing everything possible to ensure it will appeal to a wider audience this time around.To be perfectly honest as long as there is a VF4 machine within a few hours travel from me I'll be perfectly satisfied until a home port comes out,if the mainstream players still don't accept VF that's their loss as long as I have my half dozen people in Aus to play with I'll be happy.

11. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

See I am kinda of worried about VF4's popularity in Asia its strong hold. VF3 did not have to deal with the dancing game craze or the ever decreasing game market in Japan.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

12. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

"but who knows, maybe it'll be the greatest game ever to grace this green earth, ushering in new generation of smart, generous players from all over the world, setting us on a path to gaming utopia and eventually world peace"

How would you characterize the DC era players?
    online and offline?

-Emil the curious

13. Mr. Bungle

afiak, i have not had any personal experience with people who got their start in vf _entirely_ through dreamcast vf3, save for chan, and he is an okay dude.
    as for net-entities who only know vf through the dreamcast game - i don't know who most of them are, and there is no way to be sure unless they say so.

however, i still think the dreamcast completely fucked over the vf world as most of us know it. although there wasn't much left to fuck over after three years of vf3 anyway.

14. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

Fucked over in what way?

15. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

good point,though VF is already so popular over there I doubt It'll be too seriously effected :)

16. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I won't pretend to answer for Rich but...

I think just the fact that SEGA made huge
    changes to the game from OB to TB and
    practically everyone ignores those
    changes because the DC blows for loading
    times is an indication. The DC has changed
    the way the game was meant (don't kid
    yourself about this. Why call it "team
    battle" if you intend for it to be "single
    "character") to be played.

But whatever, this is an old argument.
    At least the way I'd approach it.

GE

17. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Well I dunno, one indication of the way the game was meant to be played, if you are refering to arcade competition, is single player. Take a look at all the recent tournaments from around a year back towards today. They are all played single character vs. single character, because people have become known as an expert at those people. I think thats a good indication of how it was meant to be played...

CrewNYC

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

18. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Then why make the game 'Team battle' at all? Why not just implement the new moves and move on? To me it seems pretty obvious of Sega's intention of how the game was meant to be played. Speaking of tournament formats, it was my understanding (at least from what I heard) that many japanese tournaments involved TEAMS of people - I thought they developed the Team Battle to accomodate the gaming demand of team play.

I have to agree with Bungle here and say that the dynamic of the team battle type game was completely screwed with the DC loading times. I myself don't mind the small wait, however, playing the arcade with no waiting is the way it was meant to be.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

19. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    "it was my understanding (at least from what I heard) that many japanese tournaments involved TEAMS of people
    - I thought they developed the Team Battle to accomodate the gaming demand of team play"

The japanese tournaments involed teams of people, but each of the people in the teams used one character for one full match. They obviously find this mode of play better as well for real competition, as opposed to selecting 3 different characters and having a person just play his character for one round.

I for the record, enjoy concentrating with one character while in the heat of battle.

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

20. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I agree with the assesment that TB was meant for teams of people playing a single character as opposed to a single person playing teams of charcters.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin