1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF Party, May 21st-24th, 2009

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [​IMG]

Even though VF5:Online is one of the best things to happen in the world of Virtua Fighter outside of Japan (*cough* R[/size] *cough*), online has that nagging little (gigantic) problem called lag. Bleah. Combos fail (or happen when they're not supposed too). Being +1 isn't as important as it should be. Rise against it, my friends. Jump in the car, get on a plane, do what you need to do, just make sure to come together in one place and...

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>Kill the lag![/size]</span></span>

"But wait," you say, "where is this magic place?!"

Location revealed:

From May 21st to the 24th, 2009, everyone who wants to kill the lag (including Yosuke and Myke /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif ) is gonna wanna be in one place - Riverside, California.

"You're joking, right?"

Actually... no

For the last three years, players from around the world have come to SoCal in the Spring. This year looks to be all that and more -

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>OMG! Time for VF5: Unlagged 2!![/size]</span></span>

Post in this thread so you can be added to these lists...

Confirmed players: [/size]<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Myke(?!!)[/size], Plague, HowBoutSum, Yosuke, KoD, Oioron, L_A, Shidosha, PineTree, Brisal73, CaliJared, Johoseph, haunts, ShinobiFist, sanjuroAKIRA, rjsicklau, MotorCityJacky, Konjou, adamYUKI, Yupa, Dennis0201, Cozby, Kaminari_Oyaji,</span> and [/size]SiLLyWiLLy![/size]

Definite interest from: [/size]BLACKLAC, Denkai, Shadowdean, Saramus_Prime, Chanchai, AkiraZero,[/size] and [/size]a lot of other people![/size]

It's gonna happen in a huge way and you won't be sorry if ya show up - so here goes...[/size]
    <span style='font-family: Arial Black'>

It's time to play at Plague's house!</span>

Pack up your 360s, converted High Grades, Horis, and MadCatz. Bring your VF5 skills and come to battle in-person with the best SoCal, North America, and the world has to offer. Players from all over the globe are welcome to attend. I think it's definitely worth the effort.

There's always something magical about these events and the universal thought from the people that miss them could actually be this.[/size]

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>VALUE ADDED![/size]</span></span>

[​IMG]

DVD notes: this will be a DVD ROM with widescreen high quality .avi files. The vids will NOT come out on my YouTube Channel.

Since more than 30 people made a $40 contribution prior to April 30th, 2009, the team tournament and tons of casual matches will be played on this. Those of you that read my posts about HDTVs know that I'm all about the SONY KDL-52w4100. I'd been planning to get this TV and 30+ donations have made sure it arrived in time for this event. If you donated and attend, the shirt will be ready when you arrive. The DVD will be shipped to you after the event. If you're not going to attend. The T-Shirt with your name or screen name and DVD will be shipped to you after the event.

REMINDER: The T-Shirt/DVD combo is a limited edition item. It is off the market.

Contributors: Thank you so much...

Myke (size M)
    Cozby (size L)
    tonyfamilia (size XL)
    Dennis0201 (size M)
    kungfusmurf (size M)
    Konjou (size L)
    ghettoSHUN (size L)
    Shag (size M)
    Ash Kaiser (size XL)
    L_A (two orders, size S)
    L A C (size XL)
    Johoseph (size XXL)
    Koen-Ken 225 (two orders, XL & XXXXL)
    Oioron (size M)
    Darkgift (size M)
    Yupa (size XXL)
    PineTree (size M)
    Last Monk (size XXL)
    Sugi Pai (size XL)
    Llanfair (size XL)
    Leonard McCoy (size L)
    Jerky (size L)
    KoD
    B_Feck (size L)
    Chief Flash (size L)
    Marlyjay (size L)
    Akai (size M)
    Sudden_Death (size XL)
    VFnumbers (size XXL)
    Zym Dragon (size XL)
    Monkeypunch (size S)
    Brisal73 (size L)
    THE_WALL (size L)
    001 (size M)
    Maddy (size L)
    Manjimaru (size L)
    DarkCatalyst (size XL)
    adamYUKI (size S)
    Ladon (size L)
    Chanchai (size XXXL)
    AkiraZero (size XXL)
    Kaminari_Oyaji (size M)
    PhantomFHarlock (size XL)
    Jared (size XL)

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>EVENT DETAILS!</span></span>

Event Date: Thursday, May 21st through Sunday, May 24th, 2009.

Party Place: Plague's House - 8538 Wild Pony Drive, Riverside, CA 92509

Party Time: Most of the action happens at Plague's House for 24 hours a day starting whenever people show up. If other SoCal players provide housing, it's likely you'll find VF action there, too.

Team Battle: If any of you remember the action from March, 2008, you know we all gotta do that again!

Team Battle Date, Time, and Location: Friday, May 22nd, at 9:00 pm., Plague's House

Team Battle Rules:
    3-player teams. Depending on the number of teams, we'll go right into a random-seeded single or double elimination. Match is won by eliminating all players of the opposing team. Character switching is allowed. No one can use Dural. Stage select is random. You may change the order of your team prior to your next bout. 200pts of health, 45 Seconds per round, best of 5 rounds (win 3 rounds).

Now, take the adrenaline you have left and give it all to the [/size]Saturday Singles Showdown. Prove to the world that you're the best. Honor, fame, and cash await the winners...[/size]

NEW LOCATION! NEW INFORMATION![/size]

Singles Tournament HYPE: Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! Kick-ass tournament! El Taco Macho! UFC 98!

Singles Tournament Date, Time and Location: Saturday, May 23rd, 12:00 pm, at L_A's House, home of the custom VF5 cabinets, <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=15128+Hartsook+Street,+Sherman+Oaks,+CA+91403&sll=34.163674,-118.462968&sspn=0.006481,0.013872&ie=UTF8&z=17&iwloc=addr" target="_blank">15128 Hartsook Street, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
    </a>

Get ready for a full day of ridiculous ass-kicking goodness!

Singles Tournament Schedule:
    9:00 a.m. leave from Plague's House
    10:00 a.m. meet at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in Hollywood.
    12:00-1:00 p.m. show up, register, and set-up
    1:00 p.m. tournament start /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
    4:30 p.m. food catered from El Taco Macho
    7:00 p.m. UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida

Singles Tournament Details:
    Tournament entry of $10 to be split as prize money -
    1st place = 70%, 2nd place = 20%, 3rd place = 10%
    Pay your $10 when you register between 12:00 p.m. and 1 p.m.. Registration does not include food.[/size]

Food is being catered by El Taco Macho from 4:30pm to 7:30pm. Vegetarian food is served in the form of quesadillas. All attendees need to contribute $10.

UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida will be on for all attendees to watch starting at 7:00 pm

Singles Tournament Rules:
    Double Elimination. Random seeding.
    Character switching is allowed. You can't use Dural. Stage select is random. Coin flip to choose side if necessary. 200pts of health, 45 Seconds per round, best of 5 rounds (win 3 rounds). Best of 3 games (win 2 games). Final match is best of 5 games (win 3 games).

If all this sounds good to you - here's where to stay and how to get here...

Places to stay: At these events, my house gets really full - one time, the count was 24 people. Half were sleeping at any given time in any place they could find - including the hallway and even the stone floor. I didn't mind this at all - I thought it was awesome. However, if you want privacy and the possibility of a place to sleep undisturbed, here are some choices for lodging: The Motel 6 near Plague's house which is 2.3 miles away. Also, check back to see if other SoCal players want to provide a place to stay. If you wish to call my house your home during the party, here's a list of the soft places on which you can attempt to sleep: two couches, two recliners, and three futons. I recommend you pack sleeping bags and pillows just in case. These soft places are not reserved for anyone. If you need to sleep, you use whatever spot you can find - it's likely to be amongst other people still awake and playing VF. A shower is available. I ask that it be used at what should be the quieter times of day - specifically 9am to around 1pm when people tend to be asleep and not needing to use the restroom.

Flying in to SoCal: Please schedule arrivals and departures from ONT airport (Ontario, California). I or someone else can pick you up from and return you to ONT. If you're an intercontinental traveler, I believe you must land in LAX. Please post or PM your itinerary to confirm your visit. It builds excitement and momentum - it's the stuff that gets more and more people to say "You know? I'm gonna buy my plane tickets and go to this thing!"

NEW![/size] Transportation between LAX and Plague's House: Public transportation makes life easy! After you land, go from LAX to Union Station via FlyAway Bus. Once there, use either the Metrolink Riverside Line to the [b]Pedley Station[/b] (M-F only) or the San Bernardino Line to the [b]Rancho Cucamonga Station[/b] (7 days a week). Make sure to click the schedules link to see which one works best for you. I or someone else will pick you up from there. After the event, I or someone else will return you to one of those train stations and you can make your way back to LAX.

Transportation during the event: If you wish to venture around SoCal, or just want the ability to go somewhere at will, I recommend renting a car from the airport. Public transportation is limited throughout most of SoCal, and the larger cities are quite spread out (the exact opposite of, say, NYC). Most fast food restaurants near the house require a walk of over 2 miles.

Driving directions from Los Angeles:

60 East, pass the 57 and 15 freeways
    Exit Pedley (3rd exit after you pass the 15)
    Right turn on Pedley
    Left turn on Mission (first traffic light)
    Right turn on Agate (first right, no stop sign)
    Left turn on Wild Pony Drive (first left)

Driving directions from San Diego:

15 North, pass the 91, take the 60 East
    Exit Pedley
    Right turn on Pedley
    Left turn on Mission (first traffic light)
    Right turn on Agate (first right, no stop sign)
    Left turn on Wild Pony Drive (first left)

Address numbers on house and mailbox post. Silver Honda Odyssey in driveway.

PM for phone numbers if you need them.

Will you hit traffic? Yah, it's Southern California - you bet there will be traffic. Don't let that sway you! This trip is worth every minute of it.

What we provide: 32" SDTV (maybe a 52" HDTV - see contributions and T-Shirt/DVD combo), US 360 with VF5, two modded Virtua Stick High-Grades, four 20" widescreen Dell Monitors with HDMI to DVI cables + audio, two 25" (or so) SDTVs, air conditioning, fridge full of soda, various chips, pretzels, and what-not, places to sit, room for five or six (maybe seven?) VF setups.

[color=red]What you all need to bring:[/size][/color] 360s, VGA/composite cables or, if you have HDMI out, just something with red/white composite out for sound, sticks, and VF5 discs. [color=red]Please make the effort to bring these things - your contribution will add [i]so much[/i] to this event. Besides the 32" SDTV, we have six ready-to-use displays (two SDTVs and four HDTV monitors). [i]We need your gaming set-ups.[/i][/size]

[b]What about food?[/b] Everyone usually chips in for food. Lots of fast food in the area. Good sit-down restaurants, too. Plus, there are pizza places that deliver.

[b]Who's gonna be there?[/b] Well, in the past we've had some of the best that Southern California, the West Coast, the East Coast, and the world has to offer - any one of them could make a return visit: [color=blue]Itazan, Oioron, Denkai (switchnationer), Chef_FRaSH (Saramus_Prime), kungfusmurf, KrsJin, Enfantin_Chloe, DubC, DancingFighterG, BigBoy, akiralove, andy, Myke, Srider, Joey (GY_beta), mukatsuku_shun, YOSUKE, ice-9, bearcrusher, kurita, shin, Namflow, Rocket Pai, adamYUKI, kazu, Shag, Konjou_Akira, Scamp, dennis0201, haunts, maddy, thebradSHow, s_aki, Ladon, INCIDENT, tonyfamilia, DRE, PinesTree, Chanchai, HowBoutSum, GodEater, MADrox, Kaminari_Oyaji, stompoutloud, Jerky, SiYkO, Pushku, IronJUNKIE, Shang, Shou, Zero-chan, Fishie, growcian, afroconnexion, EL_Brisal73, L_A_Akira, Team Tokyo Mafia (PhoenixDth, Sean, GoatCheeseBlues), Ken__I, Exile, SillyWilly, KTallguy, Unsafe_Dan, CaliJared, Lion-2P, KoD, Renzokuken, Raoul, THE_WALL, snapz, sirphobos, Lawrence, Paolo, Tierzo, Riona, FatalRose, Matt_K, Type Tenchi, Banes, Mindscan, Whoa_its_Eric, Mike90210, vf5akira, Gribbly and Team Pandemic (Austin, Forrester, Jimmy), sgtsmurf, Joon, Weslyzm, 2012, firstpressing, Rikyu, Adam, Amir, Chris, Chris II, Adrian, Peter, Mike, Jacob, Collette[/size] and many more!

Sometimes 31 people (yes, 31, really) at once with five set ups running!

Maybe this time we'll get six setups going! Maybe even seven!

[b]What's gonna happen?[/b] Lots of VF5. Major good times.

[b]Remember this:[/b] [color=red]During a SoCal VF Event - Sleeping is not important. School is not important. Work is not important, either - that's what every other day of the year is for![/size]

Please post your intent to show up right here on this thread - it generates excitement and results in larger attendance.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwtkrQg6muE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwtkrQg6muE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

[i]You should be in the next video! Don't miss out![/i]

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>OMG! VF5: Unlagged 2!!</span></span>[/color][/color][/color]

2. HokutoNoCat

HokutoNoCat Well-Known Member

Need :'(
    Checked tickets... 500€+

3. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

Google maps is sweet

anyone in or close to the Stockton area interested in car pooling?

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    just fucking great!!! I wake up this morning, saw this and about blew a fucking load on myself after seeing that T-shirt. So I head over to paypal to update my account info and add my new bank account since I haven't used that thing in like 2 years and the site is being difficult. I tried to email paypal and of course even the email won't go through. I hope this doesn't take long to resolve!!!

In the event this might drag on is it alright to just send you guys a money order Talis? I am in no rush to receive the stuff, I just gotta get on that list and support the cause. I definitely want a combo pack.

5. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Add me to the list of confirmations. I was a bit iffy, but that shirt and dvd images just hyped me into going, hehe.

I particularly like the pictures used on the DVD sleeve /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

6. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    fuckin A mate! my birthday is May 25th! unfortunately, that is also my dad's bday and there's a possibility that i may be going out of town! >=O /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

i'll keep you informed...

7. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Wot? My birthday is the 24th!

Going to get tickets now . . .

Thr May 21
    Continental Airlines 1723
    Arrive: 10:39am Ontario, CA

Sun May 24
    Continental Airlines 726
    Depart: 11:45am Ontario, CA

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I'll be there for sure.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I love this community!

KoD smashes his old record by three hours! Plane tickets confirmed in less than 8 hours of the party post!

Oioron's coming. L_A's gonna be here, too. Myke already purchased a T-Shirt/DVD combo. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Rodney - no worries. Send a money order if you're more comfortable. Whatever works best for you. I hope you can make the event, too!

Flash - what better birthday than SoCal? Nah - I understand. Hope to see you and that you do what works best for you.

BLACKLAC - YEAH! Stockton drive is EASY. You could be here in five hours. Hope you get a group together.

HokutoNoCat - I realize he's not in France, and I saw ash_kaiser on shout box checking ticket prices and seeing something closer to 250€. Maybe ask him what he found.

More than three months to go and the hype is already going full on. YES!

10. HokutoNoCat

HokutoNoCat Well-Known Member

Oh yeah !
    I may take the train to London and from there fly to LA, it should be cheaper.
    I'll check all this these days, and I'll need a new passport too ^_^

11. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    if any of the UK guys are thinking of going to this, I'd consider attending /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

but even so, I'd have to remain a big maybe, im a have to get job and everything hahah

12. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    It's HIGHLY likely I'll be there. Plague I was an idiot from the hype and didn't put any details on my dvd/t-shirt order. I'll PM you on the details

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    IllCoz - just PM your size and what name you want on the shirt.

Entitle the PM "Shirt size and name"

I hope you can make the event, too. I'll put your name on the second list.

To everyone: Two orders - 28 to go for HDTV power. VFDC is the best.

14. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Oh no....
    my girlfriend's graduation is on 23th.......

I'll let you know asap Talis, hopefully I can join this even one day~~

15. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    i'll definately be there.
    no if's and's or but's!

16. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

i'll order one.. size small

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    That is a tough one. Not too many graduations in life. Fortunately you have the chance to plan ahead - if you come to SoCal, you'll have to do something extra special for her. Just be sure you let her know now (like today).

18. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

May not be able to make it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
    Already made plans to visit Dominican Republic in July and I prob won't have enough vaca days.
    But I contributed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif put me down for an XL or XXL tshirt if you have them /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Should have maybe nicknamed this event "unplugged" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

20. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Yes, I need to consider carefully~
    Maybe the worst case is I need to leave from your place on Sat morning and take a flight to SF......
    Btw, I already purchased the DVD and T-shirt, but I have no idea what size is correct for me. I prefer "M" but let me know if I do need to change~~