1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal VF5 in 2007 and beyond

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Plague, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Welcome to 2007 and the new SoCal VF:FT thread. For our returning guests, it's the same great place it always was. For players new to the SoCal VF scene, welcome to the best group of people you'll ever meet - hardcore VFers without the stereotypical hardcore attitudes.

Here's a list of people in SoCal that have VF5 and open their homes on a regular basis:

EL_Brisal73:[/size] Azusa, CA - Friday night or Saturday day/night.
    L_A_Akira:[/size] Sherman Oaks, CA - Thursday nights.
    Plague:[/size] Riverside, CA - Tuesday or Thursday nights.

These are the days people say they can host. Please check this thread regularly to see if these peeople are actually hosting. If you don't see any activity like "Hey, come play VF at my house this Thursday," feel free to post or PM to say you're interested in getting in some games. Also, PM for addresses, directions, and phone numbers.

Right now, the regular players include PhoenixDth, Nordic/Exile (AI Tom), Bobby, David Lau, Unsafe_Dan, CaliJared, L_A_Akira, EL_Brisal73, Jack, Catherine, Plague,[/size] and many more.

As of February 27th, 2007, there is still hope of a PS3 VF5 set-up at Arcade Infinity. More details when they become available.

Arcade Infinity (AI)
    1380 S Fullerton Rd
    Suite 206
    Rowland Heights, CA 91748-1250
    (626) 581-4361

No need to limit this thread to VF5 night related stuff - feel free to talk about anything that you think would interest the SoCal VF community: special events, getting together as a group for food and drink, all the stuff that makes SoCal VF great.

2. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

Re: SoCal VF4:FT in 2007

I'm there.

VF4:FT is too much fun to miss. Plus I gotta beat up Dan a little before I go back to school. =p

Btw that shopping center has the WORST. PARKING. EVER!

3. GoatCheeseBlues

GoatCheeseBlues Well-Known Member

Cool! I'm going to be there too finally. Yea the parking sucks. I usually head straight for the back.

4. CaliJared

Damn, something came up, I can't go guys. =(

I'll try to go tomorrow.

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

BLAST!! My perfectly cool post was ruined in the old thread, oh wells.

See you guys at AI tonight.

Edit: Scratch that, see you guys TOMMORROW (thank god these things are on wed/thurs) stuff came up, sry.

6. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Tip of the day regarding parking:
    When you enter the lot make a quick right behind the buildings and head to the back. You avoid a lot of the slow asses that dont know where to go in the front of the buildings

7. castle

castle Member

Plague...

I tried sending you a pm but the thing said you were over the limit or something.

Anyways, since you stay down the street from my house, I wanted to get some matches against you either at my spot or yours. I don't drink or smoke and I can bring some grub if you like.

pm me for details, man.

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

castle,

I'll clean my PMs out. This new forum software brought all the ones I've sent since 2002 back from the grave. Thanks for letting me know.

I'll send you a PM shortly.

9. CaliJared

Nobody was there tonight. =(

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I haven't been to AI in a while due to work but I'll be back soon. I'm not sure when, but I expect my schedule to change shortly so I can finally make it to the wed/thurs meets again.

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Jared,

Bummer you didn't meet up with anyone. For the last couple months, I think it's been Wednesdays only. Catherine and I should be there next week. Hope to see you and everyone else there.

12. CaliJared

I go back to school next week. =(

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Holy crap! GoatCheeseBlues, Catherine,[/size] and I played a bunch of games with castle[/size] last night at the house. This man has used Quest Mode to develop quite a solid Akira game. Certainly saw a bunch of TEs, SPoDs, DLCs, AS3s, MC Yoho->P->Shrm->Dblpms, Knees, and some ST Throw->Sglpm->Dblpm. All good stuff in it's own right, not to mention executed at the right time. Here's the thing...

Castle[/size] plays his Akira on a pad.

Nice games yesterday, man. See you again soon.

14. castle

castle Member

Plague,

Thanks for inviting me over to the house last night man. You, Catherine, and GoatCheeseBlues are good people.

Also, thanks for all those beat downs I recieved as well. I lost track of all the knees I took to the face. GoatCheeseBlues had crazy offense that really showed me how the game is supposed to be played. Catherine is hella good with Pai. I was shocked.
    But Plagues Akira took me to school last night.

I'll be in training mode untill we meet again.

15. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

omg, that's pretty impressive, I had to build my own arcade stick just because I couldn't use pad in VF. Props, hope you come to AI this week. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Even though you'll have to play stick.

16. GoatCheeseBlues

GoatCheeseBlues Well-Known Member

Hey castle!

It was nice to meet you. Its good to see new players with your enthusiasm for the game. I was happy to see that you have a really good understanding of the fundamentals. As amazing as it is to see someone doing every single akira move and combo on a pad, I was more impressed to see that you were blocking, elbowing, and sidestepping at the right time. If you just add more throws to you mixups, you'll do really well.

17. castle

castle Member

lol.

Thanks for those beatings last night. I'll be sure to put in some more throws and try not to always fly across the screen with the elbows all the time.

btw...I'm going to pick up Brad now because of you.

18. CaliJared

Woot! New So Cal players!

19. IronJUNKIE

IronJUNKIE Well-Known Member

sup guys my n dobes gonna be in socal after the 28th of jan. for about 2-3 weeks... Hope to c u guys soon

20. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

hey ticky,

that sounds good, I'll see if I can get some time away. You guys should be here for the Japanese release of VF5, so maybe we'll get to play!