1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Spiderman 3 Movie

Discussion in 'General' started by RagingSilver, Apr 1, 2006.

1. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

So the movie is in it's filming stages right now and so far they have confirmed that 3 villains will make an appearence, they being:

- Venom (HELL YEA!...but theres a twist)
    - Sandman (I would've prefered Hydroman)
    - Green Goblin 2 (not sure about it yet)

We also have a black outfit for Spidey which is the link to Venom. Sandman will make his appearence this time round but I doubt he'll get a big role considering Venom's in it. As for Green Goblin 2, we all saw what happened at the end of Spiderman 2.

The actors starring as Eddie Brock (Venom) however is none other then Topher Grace.....thats Eric Forman from "That 70's Show". Now don't get me wrong, he's a good actor but Eddie as far as I know isn't a Skinny as matchstick!!! Even Brock Lesnar would be a perfect candidate for playing Venom. Thomas Haden Church plays Flint Marko aka Sandman. He looks the part.

Anyone dissapointed with Topher Grace playing Venom? the most awaited villian to be played in the movie to be a skinny guy?! It won't be so bad if he played Carnage but VENOM?!!! ok I admit I know about the new spiderman series where Eddie Brock is actually a scientist who creates a super suit which went wrong cos he experimented on himself. As far as I know the spiderman movies aren't following the new spiderman comics as the Green Goblin is actually a man turned into a full proper goblin.

*sigh* I hope they somehow pull this off and make it worth it or I'll be severly dissapointed as if I'm not already liking the changes they made in the last 2 movies. Don't get me started on Vinnie Jones being Juggernaut either...They could've used CGI but noooooooo...

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

CGI Juggernaut would have been as good as CGI Hulk. Pure shit. Vinnie will do fine, he's a real thug so it fits fine.

GE

3. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GodEater said:

CGI Juggernaut would have been as good as CGI Hulk. Pure shit. Vinnie will do fine, he's a real thug so it fits fine.

GE

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think CGI hulk was that bad. Then again, they've messed up every other Marvel film to date so why stop now.

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Yeah in my opinion the CG hulk was the only good thing about the hulk movie lol.

5. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Yep that is one bandwagon I gonna jump on. Juggernaut is supposed to be tall and muscular but when he dons his suit he is supposed to be obscenely muscular and powerful. I am curious to see how they make that transition without looking silly or like the hulk in the TV show (also silly)

6. GodEater

CG and live action integration is still a problem area in my opinion. The models have no weight to them, actors still look like they are staring at some far away place rather than the ship or character in front of them...its ugly and distracting.

The X-men universe as represented in the movies is already markedly different from that of the comic universe and I see this as a good thing. With Juggernaut being a mutant and not a magic charity case in the movies they didn't need to go with an over the top character that required constant CG and actors babbling at green screens.

I think Vinnie will do a better job than his computer generated counterpart ever could. That said, I am working off of a small trailer that doesn't show much but I am looking forward to the movie even though I think angel looks like crap.

GE

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

8. GodEater

"I'm going to beat the shit out of you with charles!"

GE

9. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GodEater said:
    I think Vinnie will do a better job than his computer generated counterpart ever could.
    GE

[/ QUOTE ]

wait till you see the rubber muscle (suit) he's wearing, damn it's bad. a CG hulk or well known Gollum can act better than Vinnie Jones anyday, although i do prefer real actors.

hulk is a boring film with a stupid ending, but the desert sequence alone can top any superhero films, it's pure gold when HULK SMASH the military's tanks. IMO it's not the CG hulk animated badly, infact it's pretty damn good, but it's trying to convince the audience that a huge green beast is real. even the green beast (shrek comes in mind) sounds stupid if you're not a fan of hulk, how can you possible bring something real when it's blatantly not.

[ QUOTE ]
    GodEater said:
    over the top character that required constant CG and actors babbling at green screens.
    GE

[/ QUOTE ]

there are plenty of greenscreen and CG stuff in this film (Xmen3), it's not even funny.

but i totally agreed with your point of over used CG (visual effects), it's like they've lost the old technique of special effects and creating everything on a cpu.

10. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    The Green Goblin is not a man who is turned into a goblin. The movie portrayal of the Green Goblin is pretty consistent. He is a normal man who experimented on himself and went criminally insane. In the comic his mask not made of metal, he is not the first villain, and he is an overall more formidable foe. Otherwise the movie Green Goblin is pretty consistent with the original comic.