1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

stick modding service

Discussion in 'Store' started by 001, Sep 21, 2007.

1. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I know it's a pain in the ass, but if you can also offer the stick and parts ordering as additional options more people (e.g. me) would probably take advantage of it. I am just too lazy to coordinate the shipping of stuff to you.

3. 001

i can but it means the customer paying for everything up front so i can order stuff for them. i do this more for those who already have a retail stick they are tired of stock and want modded.

i understand too that it becomes costly to order stuff and have it shipped to you then shipped to me. you can always have the parts just shipped straight to me as well. i understand it takes some trust but you can have renzokuken, sebo, or ktallguy hunt me down and pppk me since i live in the bay area if something went wrong.

if you or anybody wants an estimate on a certain stick with certain parts they want in them, i'm glad to give a ballpark quote in how much it will cost and how long it will take (some specialized parts need to be ordered from japan and can take up to three weeks or more eg. clear or pearl buttons/bubble tops/etc.)

but yeah thanks for looking

4. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Hey man, where do u get those graphics? the ones to put on the stick?

5. 001

just do an image search in any search engine for whatever you are looking for.

6. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    but how do i get the template and put it on mine?

7. 001

1. desolder the pcb's off your buttons.
    2. unclip your buttons off.
    3. peel off the top sticker.
    4. put the top sticker on a flat piece of cardboard.
    5. scan it to exact measurements.
    6. create a template off of that.
    7. create your art based on the template.
    8. take your file to a print shop and have them print and laminate or have them create a vinyl sticker out of it.
    9. cut out the holes of your art and any border excess.
    10. stick your art on the bare metal plate and line everything up.
    11. put your buttons back in.
    12. solder everything back together.

i'd give you a template of my own but i never save the art file after a stick is sold.

good luck with your project.

8. kellfire

kellfire New Member

hi there.
    i was wondering what stick you installed for the arcade stick?
    is it the sanwa JLF-TP-8YT stick or some other one?

9. 001

all sticks for ex2/doa4 use a modified sanwa jlf-tp-8yt with the mounting plate removed, hori shaft, shortened actuator, and pcb disabled.

10. 001

CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE