1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Streamdown program for am.sega.jp file (asx) movies > Streambox

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Catch22, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Download it at http://www.cocsoft.com/. It's called Streamdown and it lets you save those .asx files. The difference between it and Streambox is that it does not "record" the movie files, but rather downloads the original .wmv file that WindowsMediaPlayer streams from. In fact, the file saved are not .asx/.asf files, but rather .asx/.wmv files and the .wmv file downloads as an indexed file, letting you fast forward without the hassle of indexing.

BUT THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGE is that when the download stalls, the movie does not "stagger" with hitches in the video like with Streambox. I had to keep an eye out on Streambox's download progress all the time. Not so with Downstream.

Try it with those am.sega.jp movies. you'll like it.

BTW, it's only a 15 day trial, and to buy it is $39. I'm actually thinking of shelling the $40. It's that good. It even downloads the newer streams that Streambox can't... yes, even with looking in the "properties" option. Try Streambox with this Nismo 350 GT Movie. Streambox can't, but Downstream can.

2. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

This program is buff!

Thanks.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Great find Catch22!

I'll second sixtwo's sentiment, though I gotta say there's nothing buff about the site name -- cocsoft /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(someone had to say it)

4. Catch22

BTW, for noobs out there using Streambox, the .asf files created when downloading am.sega.jp movies, you can use "asfindexgui," a program for indexing those .asf files, and it lets you fast forward those videos. Use the search for "asfindexgui" on these VFDC boards as I'm lazy to look for the link. Better yet, use google.

5. alfaphlex

alfaphlex Active Member

oh, I thought people knew about these programs. I use HiDownload. It's pretty cool, adds a button to ur IE to open whenever you wish. It does the same things as the one catch mentioned (save the original wav) and it downloads a whole lotta different content from webpages.

It even has automated functions where u can set it to auto-download a series of things. Plus, all you have to do is copy the link to the asf and it will automatically insert it into the download field when you hit the "new download" button and download the .wav

6. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

7. Catch22

yep, streamdown can... but you know what? I would have just tried it myself to find out... I think that's what's wrong with Message boards/BBS, it's made Americans lazy as sh*t... even Thessalonians. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

peace dude! Anyway someone else did it for us.