1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter III : 3rd Strike Online Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Kenshearer, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Kenshearer

Kenshearer Active Member

PSN:
    Kenshearer_VF
    Honestly, I wept a little;

3s Online Edition Trailer;

3s Online Developer Walkthrough;
    Developer Walkthrough videos @ Eventhubs

Prepare for millions of shitty 3s matches to hit YouTube from July onwards.... and some good ones too hopefully.

• Arcade perfect version of the game!
    • Upscaled & Filtered HD graphics
    • Original graphics available with scanlines!!!
    • Direct Upload to YouTube of saved matches
    • Trial/Challenge mode including Parry Training
    • Bare fan service
    • 4:3 still supported!
    • Undisclosed DLC on the way too!
    • One of the best OST's in game history!
    • Remixed OST also available
    • Dudley!

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'll by getting this and inflicting my shitty Ryu on the masses.

3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Guess this is my new VF since NRS still hasn't fixed MK. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm a huge fan of 3rd Strike. If anyone wants to play when this drops feel free to hit me up.

Anyone know the official release date?

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

the content available is simply amazing and some of the small touches of those features is jawdropping: unsaved matches being available, easy button select, pre-match button selection, tournament mode, spectating matches, youtube uploading, tons of graphic filters, GGPO....

My xbox is a paperweight, my joystick remains wrapped and boxed but I'm still buying this game.

sega sucks.

5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I'll have to admit, i'm pretty jealous of the extras this game is getting that HDR didn't get. Mainly that youtube uploading feature. [​IMG]

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm hyped for this. 3s was the first fighting game I actually learned mostly in the arcades so I'm actually good at it. I look forward to fighting you all!

7. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    It looks awesome I might break out 3S on PS2 to practice Elena to get back in the hang of playing her again. I sucked at 3S in the beginning when I played in it on PS2 and I will very likely suck even worse now oh well. I also lack the reflexes to parry worth a damn but I will try anyway.

8. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

All the extras packed in there, is simply amazing and new standard. Just like before with how Sega handled 4evo, anything that didn't at least begin with 4evo's amount of content, and now anything that doesn't at least begin with this game's content, is steps backward, imo.

The amount of goods packaged in there, is mad legit.

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I never fought I'd buy this game again. (DC, Xbox) [​IMG]

Damn you Capcom, damn you indeed! [​IMG]

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Aww fucking hype!!!!!

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I love 3rd strike, will be interesting to see all of this come together. I really hope theres NO UNDERCOVER balance changes whatsoever.

12. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

This used to be played a lot in London before SF4 came along but I never got into it before cause I was always too preoccupied with VF as well as Tekken and SC on the side. If those extras/modes can match up to VF4:Evo's than it should be a great chance to try and finally get into this properly just as Evo got me into VF properly after years of trying.

I'm still much more excited about KOFXIII and hope it won't get too overshadowed by this but I'll probably play both if there's no new VF around by then.

13. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Oh Please.... The world ain't the same since this game came out... Far to many copycats and youtube Heroes. I can imagine and the Yun,Kens and Ibuki's waiting. Good to see Capcom give the fans what they want though.. Fuck you sega.

14. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Fixed. [​IMG]

15. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

Before I was a Virtual On player, I was a huge fan of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. Here is my experience:

3S is my favorite out of the entire SF series. There is so much options for both offense and defense. The game was very streamlined. Every character had a universal overhead and many could combo off of it. Most of the character had quarter circle forward x 2 for super, even the charge characters. No more erratic charge down-back super motion. The bottom rated characters such as Hugo, Q, and 12 had a fighting game chance due to the parry system. With parries, they weren't force to block overpowered moves over and over like in other SF games. Weaker characters finally had a chance to counter attack. Due to the threat of parries, people couldn't use the same repetitive attack strings anymore. Players were force to mix up their attack strings and timing.

In US there seems to be a lot of undeserved hate for this game, but in Japan it is probably the MOST popular of the older SF games. I remember clearly at one of the later Super Battle Opera (SBO), there was no Super Turbo, Capcom vs SNK 2, or Alpha 2, only Third Strike [​IMG]. Not only that it was a team format! SBO had SF4 too, but that's a newer SF.

The largest fighting game tournament event in US is Evolution, but the Evolution tournament admins seems to hate 3S with a passion. That is funny because their most famous Evo footage was of Daigo vs Justin Wong FROM THIRD STRIKE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeM0rH_4ung

Even some of the Japanese players from other fighting game knows about this! Several times while playing Virtual On, I can hear them yelling "Let's go Justin" despite a lack of English conversational skills. 3S is that great [​IMG]

16. SDS_Overfiend1

Thanks Shag... Im off my game but you got my back lmao!!!

17. SDS_Overfiend1

Its aight.. ain't all that... Many people love it because you can't zone out with fireballs and parries save a lot of the bullshit people just don't want to adapt to. Some characters still have uphill battles to fight and the game is a pokefest because tides can be turn just that easily if you slightly over do anything.. this is not the best streetfighter.. just the best animated one. Like i said its good to see the classics make a comeback though on Xbox live.. Youtube just took all the fun out of these fighting game to me IMO. the only game you can't mimic a playstyle and get away with it is VF and thats why i wish we all got some news of when any version of this game will drop to save us all.

18. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its aight.. ain't all that... Many people love it because you can't zone out with fireballs and parries save a lot of the bullshit people just don't want to adapt to. Some characters still have uphill battles to fight and the game is a pokefest because tides can be turn just that easily if you slightly over do anything.. this is not the best streetfighter.. just the best animated one. </div></div>

It could be the same of the 3S haters. They too don't want to adapt. Unable to use their old tired tactics that got them far in past SF games. If 3S was so bad then why is it so popular in UK, Canada, France, and Japan amongst the tournament players? To this day, I constantly see UK players ask for 3S matches online via GGPO. If 3S was so bad then why was it the only old SF game at one of the recent SBO instead of ST or CVS2?

A misconception is that fireballs are useless in 3S. Fireballs are still useful tools to pressure, but now players can't just chuck fireball endlessly and hope their opponents come to them. In 3S, fireballs are not as 1 dimensional.

I was at B5 (before it was called Evolution). There was Japanese 3S exhibition matches against top USA 3S players. The result was a slaughter-fest. There was so many perfects (and even double perfects) by the Japanese players. These guys weren't even the best of the best from Japan. They were so aggressive and they punish all minor mistakes. Yes they did (in your words) "over do anything", but they won predominantly.

19. SDS_Overfiend1

I mean seriously when do we ever beat them in anything consistantly? Here in the states we suffer from the copycat syndrome. Everybody wants to take the shortcut to success instead of working hard for it. Then again if we lived in japan we would've been adapted to that playstyle.

20. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

We beat them in MvC2 & MvC3 consistently and I think Mortal Kombat is ours too. No need to put the japanese on a worship pedestal just because they tend to beat us in most fighting games. We still have our claims to faim. Daigo may change this soon though. We'll see.

Even in games that the japanese normally dominate, I still feel like westerners are slowly closing the gap with the rise of popularity of fighting games. That said, we still have quite a bit of work to do.

I'm mainly referencing street fighter games here.