1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for buying a new stick

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by SanFran_MAN, Sep 25, 2012.

1. SanFran_MAN

SanFran_MAN Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Tsumaki_Kid
    XBL:
    Tsumaki Kid
    Well I've been using a basic Hori Fighting Stick VX for about 2 or three months ever since VF5FS came out, and now I'm debating on what brand, and type I should get cause I play a little street fighter as well, but no one plays with only six buttons on their fight sticks. Anyways If you can give me any suggestions on the best fighting stick to buy that would be appreciated.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Mad catz Tournament Edition I will say

3. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Finding a quality stick with all Sanwa parts is easier than it's ever been since SF4 came out.

On the top of the list is probably the Eightarc Fusion due to being dual-modded right out of the box. However, if you don't want to spend that much and only plan on playing on Xbox, your old friend Hori still has the Real Arcade Pro VX SA and the new HRAP VX SA Kai. And ofcourse, there's always Madcatz and their popular line of sticks.

4. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    pretty much what Seminasuke said.

if you have friends with a PS3 and you don't wanna worry about using their pads for fighting games, get the Eightarc Fusion. the Ebony and Ivory Fusions are around $180 each before shipping while the cool looking Synthesis Fusion is $200. along with the decent price, it's ideal for me personally because i have two brothers and one of them has a 360 with VF5FS, so this is great when playing against him.

if you only plan on using a stick for your 360, i suggest getting a Madcatz TE/SE or, if money is a little tight, a Hori RAP VX SA. the TE sticks (or SE sticks) are more expensive naturally but are more "mod-friendly" in a sense because many more people make artwork designs and mod products for TE sticks than they do for Hori sticks (for example, focusattack.com sells wooden panels for TE sticks)

Chanchai likes this.
  5. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    Ditto to above. We live in a world where top notch sticks are available at any budget, but really the best one can only be determined by your needs. Dual mods, customization, and reliability are the most sought after traits.

Most sticks carry eight buttons, but again, is a matter of taste. As long as your equipment doesn't hurt your performance, that's what really matters.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I do not know how much actual your question is, but after this weekend, my answer will be simple:
    If you are serious about FGs and if you have enough money, buy Fighting Edge from HORI. It is like 200 bucks from what I saw; and it is the best stick I ever had in my hands by far.