1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Suwasdee(Hello) from Thailand...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Chanchai, Dec 23, 1999.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey VFdc!!!

It's me Chanchai. Nope, as it is implied in the above, I'm not back at home yet. I'm in Thailand still and having a blast! On my cousin's computer right now and a few days ago, I was about to post at an internet cafe, but had to go meet some nice girls. Anyways...

As some may or may not know, I never really had real competition for VF3tb... Well, at least I did get some competition in Thailand. On to the Thailand report...

Played Dead or Alive 2 (I knew it came out in the US right when I left, but here's my input), Really impressed with the game, definitely cannot play it the way I played Dead or Alive 1 since parrying IS DIFFERENT, but definitely a wonderful game in my book. However, I'm still not used to Thai arcade controllers, as I will explain in a bit later...

There is no VF3tb in Thailand, unfortunately... Only "ob" and I don't even know which version (too lazy to check at the time). I've only been able to play two one-hour sessions so far (yeah, been here a week and that is all) since my sister insists on moving from department store to department store in search of more shoes... and my cousin doesn't play arcades much... VF3 is only at a few arcades, all of them in standard Thai arcade units with standard Thai controllers. One of the arcades had about four VF3 units. However, VF3 is not popular in Thailand at all, but does still have some potential to have even a cult gathering, but as far as I know, most of the people that play it are tourists from Japan, Taiwan, and some other places... just guessing though... The Thai controllers basically have sticks similar to the Agetec arcade stick except the ball is a little bit smaller, the stick a bit shorter (1/4 inch I would guess), and the range of movement (the radius of the circle surrounding the stick) is quite a bit smaller... At first took me awhile to get used to (probably 6 minutes) and definitely made a difference in pulling off moves... Not to mention that they were alligned parallel to the monitor (though this is common everywhere) which did not suit super well considering how close you end up sitting next to your opponent because of this on these sit-down standard Thai arcade units. The DLC which I had finally achieved a competant level of achievement in VF3tbDC was very incompetant and only used rarely when lucky here... Not to mention that the buttons are neither convex nor concave to my surprise... Rather, perfectly flat, which bugged me... Akira's Knee could not be done in the usual manner I was used to which for me is to slide off the convex G (Jap style) or barely flick on the rim of the concave G (NorthAm style). Minor details, but quickly adaptable. It was nice when I started to play VF3 at a huge arcade, a bunch of kids and some people started gathering around me interested in the game after a few minutes... Again, I warn all of thee, I am a newbie (yes, Dodee, I had to stick my "newbieness" on this board at least once more)... But it was reassuring to me that the interest was there. Afterall, the only things popular here in electronic gamine entertainment is "Winning Eleven," a PSX version of a Japanese card game (I think it was Yu-Yu-Go?!) and "Dance Dance Revolution" (bought a "professional" COPY-- as in burned-copy that looks like regular PSX discs with the exception of normal CD backings and a copy of the manual cover-- and also got the "Power Pad remake" accessory for it, becoming an addict but not at all to the level of VF3-- btw, "professional copies" cost less than a buck here in Thailand, seriously!!!). Anyways, the only live REAL competition I've had here and in my life was in the form of a local who kicked my @$$ with Wolf all the time. He was not expert by any means, but he knew his timing for frames in catching me with throws accordingly. Hence, I would say he was a pretty good player, but he fell for some obvious patterns and scrub tricks ("cabbage patches") from my hat too often... What kept me from winning actually is my lack of ability to cancel throws... man, perfect example of my newbieness is that I have no skill in Throw-Cancelling (especially against Wolf for good reasons, but if you acknowledge my lack of live competition, I think it's easy to figure out anyways). The fact was that I knew when he was going to throw me since he would be looping his routine over and over and I would fail to cancel the throw... oh well, that's something bad on my end which will be worked on (a priority for me) but also what leads me to believe he's not that great of a player beyond that... but who knows, I didn't flex enough muscled to put him on the edge of his seat either so who am I to judge? Of course I could make some lame excuses (with validity, but still lame) like all the fine girls I see every time I turn my head a few degrees... Kinda drives me nuts, but at least a lot of girls have taken a liking to me lately /images/icons/cool.gif.

Some words out to some of you:

Ice-9: Hey Jeff, hope Finals went well, but I know you really struggled with some. So in any case, just remember that you're at Duke, you've had a lot of weight on your shoulders, you've done a lot of hard work, and now it's time to relax in Japan, Indonesia, and Singapore. Enjoy man!!!!

Sumeragi: I know you've been through the hastles of your Finals as well. Hope you did well! Can't wait to travel to the East Coast to play some of you guys!!! I miss the chats man!!

Rulakir: I take it you're still busy with all the work you have to do. Good luck, I personally have fun with Database work, but not under too much pressure. If it's any consolation to me not going to Singapore next week or the following, I at least met some people from Singapore and had good conversations, and definitely plan to go in June or July. Good luck VFing and have fun duking it out with DeLune and Jeff right after New Years.

Shadowdean: How's it going man? How's the VF3tb going for you? Getting your moves down? VF and "social" moves I mean. Can't wait to chat with you when i get back. How's the holidays?

KBCat: How's the holiday season for you?! Still gotta work, eh? Well, at least you have a nice job that takes good care of you/images/icons/smile.gif. Not to mention a location that at least gives you one more opponent in VF as opposed to somewhere out in the middle of nowhere with no chance/images/icons/crazy.gif. VP is sounding good, is anything like what I saw earlier? In any case, it's more accurate than most things out there imho. Man, I am dying to meet you in real life and am still fused with enthusiasm to play an "experienced" VF3tb veteran such as yourself. Not to mention getting you acquainted with my parents' Thai restaurants/images/icons/smile.gif. Happy Holidays man!!!!

Rich: How's #VFhome doing? I know you and GLC have had personal issues to deal with, but I am really hoping that something comes up within the holiday season or at least the new year to cheer you guys up. At least you still have family/images/icons/smile.gif and you still have your pals at the good ol' #vfhome/images/icons/cool.gif. Merry Chirstmas Rich, Happy New Year, I hope good things will happen for you soon.

Dodee: Hey man, check this board at all lately? How's your project going? How's your VF? Anyways, miss the good ol' chats with you and can't wait to be back for that. Though I'll admit I'm really loving it here in Thailand. Um, could you give me the URL of Tao again? Since I'm on my cousin's computer and all. How is Tao going?

Clopin: How's Sunnyvale doing man? I am definitely planning on visiting in the near future. How did the gathering go? Anyone still playing VF since that get-together? I really dig the information you've been posting here. I'm still hoping for everyone to simply get-together and just appreciate that there is a VF community. Differences or not, a community will always have differences. What makes it interesting at least. Anyways, my regards and Christmas wishes to you and Choiboy.

GLC: As I said to Rich, I really hope things turn up for both of you. I figured something outside of what we talk about has bugged you recently after our martial arts discussions (btw, do you chat with ShadowDean? he loves martial arts). Don't worry, no offense was taken. Just hope you sort your things and have a wonderful holiday season.

Adam & Andy: I guess I should call you guys the dynamic duo... I swear, where there is a message to one, there is a message to the other, and where there is one (concerning VF I mean) there is the other. Anyways, wish you guys, Nelson, and everyone in NYC and NY in general a good holiday season.

Imashroom: I see you're loving the puns and the freedom of expression/images/icons/smile.gif. Cool. Well, even in our good ol' US of A, freedom of speech is still restricted to not being seditious and not screaming fire in a movie theatre (I'm not saying anything on vfdc was, but let's put that old issue to rest, I respect Jeff and his work enough to totally accept VFDC for what it is and I personally like it). However, between the differences and similarities between us, it's all good and have a good holiday season.

Wolf Student: I like your contributions to the board. Reminds many people of a position they were at one time and a position that you and I still share. My regards to you.

Jin Hei: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! Fun chatting with you on #vfhome. Is your hair still purple? Is Clopin gonna be the one to respond in your place? Take care.

Jason: How's it going man? Happy Holidays. Thanks for explaining things well to me and being a cool person to chat with. Take the best of care and good luck.

Myke: I still love VFDC and I just went through over 200 messages I have missed. Thanks for setting up this board and also supplying good chats. I met some people from New Zealand (I know Australia and NZ are two different places), so it gives me an extra incentive to visit. Not to mention a friend I already have from Australia who goes to school with me. Anyways, good luck finding competition and VF overall.

My brain is draining now and I'm starting to forget names so if I forgot you, I'm really sorry. My regards to VFDC and especially those I've gotten to know and have responded to me on the channels, boards, and emails. You've all been wonderful and expressive. I do miss you guys a lot and hope to meet up with many of you in person some time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR

-Chanchai Chow

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Talk about a guy with too much time... Chanchai, what the hell are you talking about? Me and Rich having things to deal with? Are you drunk or something? If we actually had "things to deal with", we certainly wouldn't bring those out to the VF webboard. bleh. Chanchai, it's not us who have a problem. Think... you came into #vfhome just like a month ago... and you're behaving like you'd knew everyone for decades. Don't think just because you're all friendly and stuff, you "better" (in the lack of a better word) than regulars theat have been coming to the channel for 3 years or more now.
    I don't think I will discuss martial arts (or anything) with Shadowdean... I heard how he behaves, and it just doesn't suit me.

According to VF part on your post:
    - the Wolf player "knew his timing for frames" for catching you with throws? please explain.
    - what the heck is "throw cancelling"? throw escapes? hmm

3. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

So I take it that you're not able to make it this early Jan ? /images/icons/frown.gif Oh well.... there's always the NEXT holidays I suppose.... /images/icons/frown.gif

-Rulakir

4. Chanchai

Fuck, didn't mean to set you off GLC. Of course you could be kidding, but because I'm really not certain, I'll take you seriously.

Look, I'm not saying I'm better than anyone... put it this way, when i do pop in to #vfhome there are two people that I know of who do mention that they have situations to deal with and appear to be down due to them. These two people happen to be you and Rich and both of you tend to spread this attitude quite a bit. Now did I ever say fuckoff with your problems or anything? Hell no. In fact, I enjoy chatting with you guys and I'm just hoping whatever it is that bothers you guys will change. Rich has told me little bits of his situation and you've just expressed to me a bitterness which I don't think has anything to do with me. So did I ever say I was better than you? No. I have my own fucking problems to deal with, but I don't carry them to the board or channel. Does that mean you guys shouldn't? Not at all. In fact, if it helps you come to grips with whatever is bugging you or gives you some relief, then I would think of it as a good thing. I'm just trying to support you, so sorry if that fucking pissed you off, GLC. Despite all that and what you said in the above and you dissing my Martial Arts instructor, Sifu Al Dacascos, despite the fact you have no idea of him or his son and your looking down on American Martial Artists because you saw a cocky bastard that sucked in competition or because you want to judge skill on the toned-down American movies. I'm not picking a fight here, I'm saying that despite all this, I think you're a cool guy to chat with. At least when you cool off a bit. But if something is upsetting you I hope things go well. Fuck me for being a what people consider a "nice guy." I only meant good intentions. So why the fuck are you going off at me on the board and chat at random? Because I'm the new guy? I don't think that's it. Because I express I'm a newbie? That could get annoying. Or does it have anything to do with that bitterness you express and how you've told me once before and this board as well that you have a situation that is striking you with grief? When I wished the best to you and Rich, it was of that sort of grief. I didn't try to read into things, but maybe I did so and did deeply, but it was not my intention to offend you. Just let you know that you have support. So again, "fuck me" for trying.

Alright, I've only been on #vfhome for a month. Do I think I know everybody for a decade? No. I enjoy the channel, enjoy it a lot, like I enjoy this board. The two are completely different and for each I can express a different and sometimes similar self according to the forms of communication implied by them. With #vfhome I can have more personalized conversations instantly. With VFDC I can leave a message for everyone to see or a message for a particular person to check when it is convenient for him or her. In general, I'm a nice guy and I have a host-like personality. I deal with people all the time, and I tend to be hospitable. So, does that make me a form of stuck up asshole for being nice to everyone and publicly wishing individuals a good time? I don't think so. There were guys that cleared things up for me as far as VF and I appreciate that. There were guys who were nice to me and I totally appreciate that. There were guys that might have talked behind my back, but I don't care about that, it's only part of the chat/message communication system and society as a whole. Do I know everything? Hell no. Do I know exactly what the majority of #vfhome or even vfdc members think? Not at all. I'm only expressing how I feel and what I see. I will be blind to something and I openly acknowledge that, there are so many perspectives. There are 360 degrees of angles to perceive an object, and distances and sub-measurements within those angles only show that there is more to perceive beyond that.

In any case, I would like to know if you're still pissed off if you ever were or if you want to tell me something. You can send a private or public message. I don't care, just explain to me what you want out of me. I'm just gonna be myself and live with it. One thing that is so stupid about being a nice guy is the people who think you are either fake, naive, or stuckup because of it. Who has the right to judge anyone like that? Can anyone tell me if I am fake, naive, or stuckup? As far as VF knowledge goes, sure, I might be naive, but I'm learning. As far as the community goes, I don't know much about the situations, but at least I'm trying to help instead of bitch the whole time and make things pretty vague. I'll honestly admit I don't know half of what's going on between the old and new and future communities. I never said I did, though I tried to represent an angle I saw of each side, only because I didn't see many people taking a productive step to trying to fix a problem. So I felt that I should at least try. What I did see were quite a few individuals defending themselves constantly with very little regard to what the other person was saying. I might as well have been reading a play by Chernov (Russian playwrite). I took a risk trying to help settle things a bit when not many people seemed willing to do it. However, at least ice-9 eventually went up on #vfhome trying to settle things and only a bare handful of people actually responded. But of course there is the perspective that it was at a time inconvenient to many of you. So we acknowledge that. But you know, I think it's pretty stupid when some members tell me not to mention the name of Jeff Yuwono (sorry if I spelled that wrong, Ice), ice-9, or Jeff Maru on #vfhome. This is only a policy for a few members, but I respect those members' wishes and try to avoid it, but in general, Jeff is a good guy and he doesn't deserve this shit in my opinion. In any case, half of #vfhome will tell me to invite anyone to the board and have free discussion. I tend to talk about good things and when I mentione Jeff I sometimes get trouble. Now if you want to argue about it, that's fine. But I'm not completely for not ever mentioning his name on the board. Such things makes #vfhome look bad to an extent and makes me feel like I am breaking whatever connection I have to Jeff. For your information, he's the only person that seems more than willing to send me copies of some battle tapes and such. But that's not entirely true either if we take other perspectives into account. Rich was really nice to have the intention of sending me a tape and I appreciate that. I appreciate it a lot, he suggested some names and such. So he was also more than willing, so thank you Rich. He just didn't have tapes of his own that would copy properly and so it's all good.

Anyways, I've hit the beyond ranting zone... In any case, happy holidays GLC and hope you can message me when you're in a good mood. This isn't the first time you've set me off with a certain attitude, but I still forgive you right now. I'm not mad at you at all, just trying to set some things straight between you and me. Just one more statement about the issue... If I come into the board and meet people, and then treat them with the courteousness as if I had known them for awhile, as if they were a good friend, does that make me pompous? I know that we are all merely associates, but I hope to get to a friend level. Now, if I see a new person, and I treat them harshly because I don't know them that well, or because they haven't been on the board long enough, or because they're a newbie, or because I simply didn't know them for awhile... now does that make me pompous? I belong to the first group, and not the latter, so sorry if I seemed like an awful or annoying person. That was not my intention at all.

Anyways, about "knowing his frames" this was a total mis-statement so I apologize. This guy only did about 3 things against me, and it only implied he was used to throwing me in guessing game situations, but no matter what I tried to do such as evade, hit low, middle, or high, or what not, he beat me to it every time. Again, it didn't give me the impression he was an expert with technical knowledge (so I'm sorry the statement was way misleading), it just showed me that I suck at cancelling throws, and he made them pretty obvious which ones he would do. Good practice tool for me at least, but I ran out of time as I had to go catch dinner with my Uncle. I didn't mean to imply he was a really good player, just caught me with the same 3 tricks the whole round. As embarassing as they are to explain, it taught me a lot, but again, I never had a real human competitor who played the game quite a bit before this experience. All other human competitors I have played against were inexperienced individuals who just played the game a few times.

Sorry for the lousy terminology, another sign of how new I am to VF vocabulary. I meant throw escape. Escaping his throws. It was so obvious what he was going to do but I wasn't quick enough to implement the command on time.

Rulakir: Yeah, sorry I can't go to Singapore after the New Years. I have school starting on the 6th, but with all the student organizations I am involved with, I have a ton of work to do for those before the 6th. I have setup many meetings and committees and I am accountable for them. Would love to go to Singapore though, but as I said, too much to do after and during New Years. I still have Spring Break as a possibility, but it depends on whether or not my cousin is coming to the States around that time, but definitely the Summer. June/July. I made a bet with my Uncle so I have to be in Thailand in June or July and it's a 2 hour 50 minute flight to Singapore from Bangkok. I wish our schedules were more compatable as I wouldn't mind getting a ticket this weekend and visiting for 2 days next week...

Anyways, to both of you (GLC and Rulakir), Peace and Happy Holidays,

Chanchai

5. Chanchai

BTW GLC, I don't have much time. Sure, I had the 20 minutes to write the first email on this thread and 20 minutes for the one I just sent, but besides that these are the only times I've really been online besides 15 minutes at an internet cafe at a department store last week. I don't have much time at all, but I'm trying to enjoy a vacation. Not to mention that sometimes I do manipulate my schedule for you guys. Sorry if that makes me seem to have too much time. Anyways, my two minutes for this message is up, take care man.

-Chanchai

6. Guest

Guest Guest

chan..your thoughts are appreciated. but like any public forum, net or otherwise, this message board is NOT a place for personal issues - either my own or others - to be discussed, brought up, or mentioned.

as glc said, you do not know me. you do not know what "things i have to deal with" (which for as little as you know of me could be a recently deceased pet or a bad case of rickets or ANYTHING). if you want to inquire more or convey thoughts in regards to a few completely random and vague statements ("miserable", etc) i've made on irc (of all places..remember, "it's just irc"), take it to msg's or email (and keep it there). it's simple courtesy..you do NOT make public posts regarding "issues" or "deals" of others.

and..afiak, virtually EVERYONE "has things to deal with". web boards and open irc channels are not the place for them to be worked out in.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Fuck, didn't mean to set you off GLC. Of course you could be kidding, but because I'm really not certain, I'll take you seriously.

I'm not kidding.

Look, I'm not saying I'm better than anyone... put it this way, when i do pop in to #vfhome there are two people that I know of who do mention that they have situations to deal with and appear to be down due to them. These two people happen to be you and Rich and both of you tend to spread this attitude quite a bit. Now did I ever say fuckoff with your problems or anything?

Why the fuck you care? As Rich said, do you KNOW what those alleged problems are? You don't, so shut the fuck up. And even if you knew, I still don't see a reason to bring them out in public.

Despite all that and what you said in the above and you dissing my Martial Arts instructor, Sifu Al Dacascos, despite the fact you have no idea of him or his son and your looking down on American Martial Artists because you saw a cocky bastard that sucked in competition or because you want to judge skill on the toned-down American movies.

Now where the fuck did that come from? Basically, I don't give a shit about some american geek or his son... and I can diss anyone I wish to; if you've got a problem with that, tough.

Alright, I've only been on #vfhome for a month. Do I think I know everybody for a decade? No. I enjoy the channel, enjoy it a lot, like I enjoy this board.

You sent a message to almost everyone from #vfhome in your first post... you think they give a fuck? I asked them, and the majority of replies was like "who the fuck is Chanchai?"

As far as VF knowledge goes, sure, I might be naive, but I'm learning.

I don't give a fuck about your VF knowledge and stuff... just think your general attitude over.

I might as well have been reading a play by Chernov (Russian playwrite).

Oh yes chanchai, you are so smart! So educated! Blab everywhere about it!

I took a risk trying to help settle things a bit when not many people seemed willing to do it. However, at least ice-9 eventually went up on #vfhome trying to settle things and only a bare handful of people actually responded. But of course there is the perspective that it was at a time inconvenient to many of you. So we acknowledge that. But you know, I think it's pretty stupid when some members tell me not to mention the name of Jeff Yuwono (sorry if I spelled that wrong, Ice), ice-9, or Jeff Maru on #vfhome. This is only a policy for a few members, but I respect those members' wishes and try to avoid it, but in general, Jeff is a good guy and he doesn't deserve this shit in my opinion.

Think what you want, but you have to be aware of some things: #vfhome actually belongs to Dodee. If he doesn't like Jeff or anyone for that matter, he may wish not to hear some names. That's his right. If you don't like it, simply don't join #vfhome and everything will be fine.

Rich was really nice to have the intention of sending me a tape...

He won't be so nice to you any more I guess.

In any case, happy holidays GLC and hope you can message me when you're in a good mood. This isn't the first time you've set me off with a certain attitude, but I still forgive you right now.

Oh thank you, thank you, my master! He forgives me... blah. I don't need your forgiveness.... Why don't you just FUCK OFF...

Some last words... you really need to think about some things... go wank over your bimmer or something, instead of spreading crap all over.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Dude...you need to calm the fuck down. Take valium or something. he was just trying to be nice to you.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

no, I don't think GLC is out of line. I'm just an observer here, but what I observe is one person (Chanchai--sorry to say this) assuming a little too much intimacy. were I GLC I'd feel much the same way.

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    people take this crap way too seriously; the guy's trying to be nice and people barbeque him... same old story.

spotlite

11. Guest

Guest Guest

When the ice is away the mice will play.
    Attacking someone publicly in a personal way is inconsistent with the claim that personal issues shouldn't be addressed on this board. Telling people to use e-mail without using e-mail makes little sense to me.
    I'm still perplexed at how certain material gets censored here, yet an attack on a perfectly innocent attempt to convey compassion and empathy is allowed to mushroom into unneeded animosity.
    Chanchai, keep saying Siam who I am, and don't worry about people trying to sever Thais.

Imashroom

12. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Look at Peter's post you freak, and MAYBE you will understand what I meant!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

A Christmas Eve Limerick:

There once was a eunuch named GLC
    Who found it quite painful to pee
    When he started to bitch
    He got support from the rich
    And now his peter fears intimacy

imapoet

14. Chanchai

Hmm... well, it's Christmas here, and before I offend anyone else, I'll shut the hell up. Sorry to have offended Rich and GLC, I had no intention of it, and I understand your point about making it public... GLC, sorry, I guess since i read a few public posts back, and you mentioned about your personal issues and I just wanted to show some empathy. So again, sorry, didn't assume what your guys' problems were. Just that you had some problems bugging you guys beyond being able to contain them internally, and so they were expressed externally... Just meant to help, but apparently I didn't so, I apologize and wish you and Rich a Merry Chistmas and I'll do my best to avoid all that. As for Dodee, he's not the one telling me not to mention Ice's name. In fact, we've chatted about Ice quite a few times and he was one of the only ones who was available at the time to try to straighten some issues with Ice.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to you all.

-Chanchai

15. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

hmmm, and you DARE to call yourself "a poet"? SHAME!

16. Chanchai

After re-reading the thread a bit, I thought I should restate a bit with much more rationality... Or at least mention somethings I didn't earlier.

Rich, thank you for clarifying about the courtesy, I understand what you mean and you wrote that message clearly, I guess I was really offended (most likely as much as GLC) at the time and overlooked what you were saying. Reading it again, I acknowledge word for word what you said, and you're absolutely right. As for Peter, the same. Your observations are appreciated. I appreciate the support of those that supported me, but I don't mean for this thing to be a "this side or that" type of thing... Simply put, I was just trying to be nice. And even more simply put, I brought in other person's personal issues which had been made clear to me privately out in public. An example would be as if someone had told me something very embarassing about them or just something so personal that they only trusted me with that (not saying that this is the case at all, this is a mere example) and then I start blabbing about it asking the world to sympathize for them, when my own action had shown no sympathy to their privacy. For anyone reading this, Rich's and Peter's responses were in good intentions and were written without heavy animosity. They were objective and in my mind well stated. As for GLC, well, had he not written what he did, perhaps nobody would have made mention of this. This is a public message board after all, and we should learn to distinguish privacy issues along with it. I understand this, and that is why I apologized. They didn't mean to criticize me being nice. At least, that's not how I see it. They were just criticizing one action that I did, which wasn't necessary. Had I omitted mentioning particular things that I did about Rich and GLC, then the message would have definitely been much more accepted. However, I also understand the issue of "a guy thinking he knows everyone." I didn't have this intention. But it could easily be implied in my message, so to clarify that, I didn't mean it that way. I feel that we ARE a community, so I try to acknowledge people in the community. And I try to treat them with courtesy. And for me, it's not as if I knew them or know much about them. I don't. How the hell am I gonna know someone just by chatting with them online or just by messages within a small time. I can't. I could email and chat for a lifetime and truly, I would still not know them. I know this. I am just a person that tries to treat people with respect and I treat them as if they were my friend for their comfort. In general, the people I addressed are all people that I have contacted. Not to mention that to some degree we are connected by VF. So I am just trying to show good will and I don't think they criticized that aspect of my message... But some interpretted it as I'm some moron who popped on barely a month ago and decided that I knew everyone... Like I said, I know I don't know anyone at all, just chat with them and I keep it at that. But as the type of person that I am, I still send them my regards and good intentions. I don't see a reason not to. However, I do see a good reason to keep all private affairs private as GLC, Rich, and Peter pointed out to me. GLC came off harshly and that affected my judgement of Rich and Peter's posts as well as what GLC was trying to tell me. Anyways, I hope everyone who reads this understands all this. I hope it's made pretty clear. And I hope things will be okay. I guess in my case, it's one of those life lessons which are so obvious in everyday life, that I somehow neglected it in online courtesy. All support was appreciated as well as complaints. As long as we're listening to one another clearly after getting a lot of emotions out of our system, we should be able to understand each other clearly, and I think to a good extent I understand much more now. Peace to you all.

Chanchai

17. Guest

Guest Guest

this shit is funny. lol

18. Chanchai

BGSal, is that you?

19. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

huh?

whats BG?

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>