1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka: Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Taka' started by YOMI, Apr 27, 2013.

1. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Hello all.

I'll use the beginning of this thread to announce that there has been a change in managment in the Taka board that I am now it's new Content Manager as Maxou hasn't been around in a long time. I look forward in working on the board and I'll do my best to improve it.

For a start, I'll create a general question thread for Taka as other character boards have. Ask any general questions about the sumo wrestler that doesn't have it's own thread here.

Feck, Mister and MakiLeSushi like this.
  2. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    let me get the ball rolling!

what are taka's best moves after knocking down opponent (depending on if they tech or not)?

3. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If you have an opponent who doesn't tech at all (online scrubs for instance) you can nonbo them with something like 1PP, 33P+K, 33P+K, 33P+K... + a down attack for a lot of damage. If you have an opponent who techs everything, run up and apply pressure and mixups with mids and throws, 43P is a pretty good option for a mid as it gives at least +1 on block and a small combo on hit. For those who vary between teching and not teching, unless you can read them I'd just suggest to do 4K+G as a down attack, just watch out if it whiffed or you're dead as it doesn't track if it's being used for it's down attack purpose.

4. NGKrush

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    tnx, I would like to know more about what you'd use after an opponent who techs: which mids(or other attacks) are good to use that still give taka options after it is blocked.
    you mentioned 43p, but is there anything else?

5. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    You'd want to familiarize yourself with Taka's framedata, but I'll answer. The only mids that give Taka advantage on block are 43P and 4K+G, but I really wouldn't recommend 4K+G as such because it has a tendency to completely whiff on oki due to it's down attack purpose unless done really late, and even then it's really slow and hard to meaty. But otherwise Taka has a ton of mids for pretty much every situation; 4P+KP is great if you think they're going to duck at oki as it's an hitconfirmable safe mid launcher, K+GP is also good for this purpose but it's not very hitconfirmable and punishable on block, then he has double limbed moves like 3P+K or 33P+K to beat out reversal/Tenchi happy players like Aoi of which 3P+K is the more safer option over 33P+K, and finally he has stuff like 41236P+K which gives a stagger fully charged into a P+K combo of your choice. These along with throws and the before mentioned 43P should get you pretty far, just hit up practice mode to train using them.

6. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Of Taka's launchers I find myself almost exclusively using 33[P]+[K]. Does 33[P] have any advantages over this? Where does it fit in Taka's game?

7. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Due to it's range, 33P is great to throw out if you're at a long distance from your opponent, you just might catch them trying to dash up to you and such, be sure to CH confirm it for a lot of damage. It's also a more "manageble" -15 on block compared to 33P+K being -17, even though some characters (Jacky...) can put the hurt on you from -15. It's also good for trying to beat rising attacks as I think it's slowness works to it's advantage in those situations due to requiring less timing than 33P+K.

8. NGKrush

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    It also has it's uses when at an angle to the wall as it launches the opponent a little to a (can't remember which) side of taka giving wallsplat where 33p+k wouldn't. It does a little more base damage, so if you can punish with 33p, i would recommend it. also because of it's base damage it can do a little extra vs opponents (compared to his other options) that dont tech after a knockdown (although as it's slower, will not connect in as much situations as 33p+k).

9. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    Can rising kicks (after knockdown) be crushed?

10. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Do you mean can Taka crush rising attacks or can Taka's rising attacks be crushed? Short answer to both: Yes. Taka's best moves to beat rising attacks are 33P+K, 43P, 46P and 6K with 33P+K being the absolute best because it has 4 active frames, the latter moves have 3. All are good for specific situations due to their varying speeds, but timing is still needed for all, you can practice this in Dojo after his throws for example. As for Taka's own rising attacks, Goh can own those pretty hard with with his sabakies since the majority of Taka's are classified as mid and low punches, plus of course they can be beaten as usual with strikes.

Modelah likes this.
  11. RafaelLew

RafaelLew Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    Im seriously thinking about Taka Arashi as my second char. As i've seen so far, i noticed hes slow, causes a ridiculous amount of damage as easily flies the enemy out of the ring. Any tips? What should i expect from this char? thanks dudes

12. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
  13. Tech-Trap

Tech-Trap Member

XBL:
    Taylor BallHard
    What is the most damage you can get off of 33p? I use 33p, pp, 4ppp but I'm usually missing something.

14. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

for combos you should watch the top of the website and click on "combos" from there just select taka as name in the menù and click go. you'll see a combo list for every launcher.

15. Tech-Trap

Tech-Trap Member

XBL:
    Taylor BallHard
    Haha thanks, I looked for it in the combo list and just missed 33p the first time.

16. ZomgitsEd

ZomgitsEd Member

PSN:
    ZomgitsEd
    *claps hands* Here is my question (though it was probably covered in the Abare thread), when matched up vs a characters like Brad, Kage, and Aoi, what can I do as far as how to go on the offensive when they start pressing the attack? I've tried out maneuvering them, throwing a 2P, or even 6P to make breathing room and still I get clobbered. Even when I have advantage it seems like they can just whip right around and pop me in the mouth. 'm an extremely new player (less than a week) to VF5FS so pardon any VF jargon I skip or get confused on, its a lot to learn.

17. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Make a note of the moves they use, then go to Dojo and practice what you can do against them. Maybe they did moves that left them with an advantage and you were trying to attack from disadvantage. Get to know the overall framedata of the characters that cause you a hard time and your own character as well. Also since everybody here just plays online I'd also make sure you're playing 2-3 bar connections only, but even then online has lag and people are going to abuse it and there's nothing you can do about it.

18. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    Apart from what's in the combo list, what are Taka's best Shun-sobering options during/post match?

19. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Post match he really doesn't have anything better but looping 33P. As for sobering combos, there are some up at the combo lists.

20. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    I'm getting jammed by 2P while trying to approach. Does he have anything that can sail over it, like Eileen's 9P for example, for a combo, or do I have to wait it out on G, or try elbows? Cheers.