1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VF Team Xiao Long Bao / 小籠包

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by kungfusmurf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Re: 300 ON IMAX!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO

i can't wait for 300.
    and oh yea happy late birthday shag man,congrats and hope you have a good time at dinner tomorrow,hope we can play some games later but dont know where everyone goes now

2. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Did anything pop off at NYCLAN today? I need to kept up to date with this things. Any way, just post up when something new happens.

3. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Yes, we we're there till closing at 3 am.

4. VFhayato

today we all have to meet at "webtozone" at 8 o clock on the dot for 300 show,because of the seats,so i hope the people who has tickets from ben makes it,were going to be going to Imax to watch it in 3d

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

Why meet at Web2Zone? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Logical place would to meet at the theater which is no where near Web2Zone.

6. Oioron

Yeah, I didn't know why we met at Web2Zone. This may have cost us to get better seat. But it turned out okay.

It was a GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! I need to see that again. As Borat would say Very Nice!

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Saw the movie. HTF do giant elephants and rhinos fit on those ships?!?

8. Oioron

Apparently there was a bridge created accross the Hellespont, just south of the Black Sea. The bridge was the Pontoon Bridge. This may be the reason for the elephants and rhinos. After crossing the bridge the Persain Army marched around the Aegean Sea. My source is the History Channel's special called the "The Last Stand of the 300." I'll do more research as time permits.

With some my research as well, I've come across various sources that say that the line "Then we will fight in the shade." May have been in fact said by a Spartan during the battle of Thermopylae. This was according to the early historian Herodotus.

So the movie may be closer to history than I first thought.

Regardless, it was great storytelling and was a very entertaining movie.

9. ShadowFox2k

ShadowFox2k New Member

<<Team XLP (Xiao Long Pao)>> {NYC VF} thread

I'm new to VF in general and I wanted to know where you guys meet for sessions.

10. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Re: <<Team XLP (Xiao Long Pao)>> {NYC VF} thread

Some people meet here NYCLAN others meet at their cribs. I haven't been to NYCLAN, but I heard good things. I usually have people form all over the city come to my crib on Thursday nights(Doing it since 2) Just PM somebody if your down to meet up.

11. 2MuchSerge4U

2MuchSerge4U New Member

what up New York
    my name is Serge and im pretty damn good at soul calibur 3, and my crew is real good at SC3 and Tekken, but we wanna try the realness of VF

so where do the big dogs in new york play so we can learn a few things?

12. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

sup man,

we play here ( http://www.nyclan.net/ ) for now, and at each others crib

13. Morninstar

Morninstar Member

Re: Team <<Capote La>> {NYC VF} thread.

does anyone know for a fact who the best VF players are in NY.. and if they will be at nyclan later this month?

14. VFhayato

i'm a big fat sweaty nerd that reads comics

15. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure all the big VFers in NYC will be at the NYCLAN tourney.

If you, me, Joe, and Russ could ever make it to one of these... we could have a 4-on-4 NY vs LI Team Battle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

16. ShadowFox2k

ShadowFox2k New Member

I know what NYCLAN is all about; been there before, but if someone's place is going to be free then I'm down. I just need to know the time people will meet and how to get there.

17. Oioron

The entire crew meets on Fridays either at NYCLAN or at Web2Zone we still haven't made a permanent decision as to where.

None of us have big enough apartments, houses, to host a big group. This is the best bet to meet most of us. I don't have a system and a game so I can't really invite you to my place, unless you're down for Evo /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

18. ShadowFox2k

ShadowFox2k New Member

Whatevers good when I'm not busy with work/college.

Wont make it down to NYCLAN/w2z this friday. :[

19. Oioron

That's okay dude. I understand where you're coming from. School and work is the priority. On my part, i just sacrifice sleep /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

20. Oioron

My stick arrived right before I left for work. That thing is huge /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif But I'll be lugging it around Friday /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif