1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken 7 Balanced?

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jun 3, 2017.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I'm just curious. I know we have some peeps on VFDC that play Tekken. My last Tekken was 6, I skipped Tekken Tag 2, Is Tekken 7 the most balanced in the series? Is it better or worse than Tekken 6. The new game rage mechanics really sound suspect :ROTFL:

Since I don't own the game (and probably never will) I'll have to rely on others to tell me whether Tekken is becoming more and more gimmicky..:confused:

2. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Balanced Tekken? hahahaha

beanboy, emperorshadox and Coroo like this.
  3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I just spit out my coffee reading that. Well said sir!

jimi Claymore, Coroo and WolfKing like this.
  4. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

from my experiance from what i played of 6 and tag 2. fuck tag 2 because that shit was nuts. 6 was more balanced and a better package. psp version for all the extra ranks and better ai/tag 2's ai in a game. and the console was better cause of SC. but yeah going forward i'm planning on getting the PS4 i have 5Dr,6, and tag 2 on my ps3 aside my Virtua Fighter titles.

5. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    While I'm far from the greatest tekken fan, one thing I could always say about the past few games is that they always had really good balance. Pick anyone you want and YOLO hope kick your way to victory

That said, I'm having alot of fun on T7 right now :D :D :D

steelbaz and Coroo like this.
  6. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

you said that perfectly blackstar. ^_^ and nice i'm happy you got T7 i have to wait a few weeks before nabbing my copy, here's hoping i can find a deal on a pre-order version with Eliza woots for pc codes

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  7. Stl_Tim

Blah! Blah! Your just bored of fs. Nothing more to comment on this recycled event that happens every time something comes out. We all know what will happen later on down the road.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  8. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    [​IMG]

Team Brown Women rises.

steelbaz, IcKY99, Coroo and 1 other person like this.
  9. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    [​IMG]

Go Team Brown Wimmen!

IcKY99 and Seminasuke like this.
  10. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm having fun with it. First time Tekken has felt good to me since 5DR. Dunno how much legs it will have but for now it will keep me occupied (until VF6).

Sucks about huge SFV size input lag on PS4 though. Shoulda nabbed the PC version. :meh:

Coroo, oneida and BLACKSTAR like this.
  11. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Brokken 7 is balanced cause they are all broken lul.

WTF can you imagine if we got rage art & rage drive in VF ? LOL it's so fucked up but it's just fun and only for Tekken.

VF is more serious and better as a fighting game of course !

Easy and no doubt about it.

12. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Like when you see VF5FS, it would be so easy for SEGA to rekt Tekken 7 with VF6...

13. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

Balanced? Not really. Tekken has always had stupid gimmicks and inconsistent hitboxes and hurtboxes. Tekken's balance only came from the fact that everyone had a very streamlined, strike-heavy moveset. Some people are fine with that but it makes the gameplay of every character very similar. And the characters who are unique (aka stance heavy characters) have to have gimmicks built into their gameplay and that either makes or breaks the character. You usually wont ever see any of these characters at high level play except when their gimmicks prove to be borderline broken.

And dont even get me started on Tekken's match up problems which is something that tekken fans will keep denying until the end of time.

beanboy likes this.
  14. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Tekken is based on who knows the most gimmicks, with the understanding that there are too many for any one person to actually know them all. It's a race to the gimmickiest player. That said, I will be having fun with this version of the game so long as online gets fixed so I can actually match with people. The netcode is godlike when I'm connected to a 5 bar.

p.s. @BBountyHuntyr will fck your day up in this game.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  15. Stl_Tim

Every time I watch a match it looks like two bumper cars ramming into each other. Absolutely no fluidity just uncontrollable lol.

Enjoy your white castles..
    I'll enjoy my aged Kobe steak..

beanboy, cobratron and BLACKSTAR like this.
  16. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

Lovely looking character, i gotta ask are the clothing items better or on par with 6 cause tag to they removed a shit ton of clothing and hair items to allow folks to change the exisiting stuff to custom colors and whatnot. so how does that feel when you're customizing, also how's the ai? cheap as always or like omg fucking tag 2 cheap

17. Seminasuke

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Customization is similar to TTT2. Haven't tried story mode yet because it looks stupid. Arcade mode is short, boring, and pointless.

You'll mostly be fighting A.I. in treasure battle to unlock more items. And by "fight," I mean select Katarina and set 4 to autofire.

18. PERFECTCOMBO

PERFECTCOMBO Member

PSN:
    L1VE_STREAM_PC
    XBL:
    PERFECT COMBOX
    I take balanced as in anyone can play who they want. Btw it still plays like tekken but with players yolo rage art.;)

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  19. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Yea dont get me wrong. This game may be the best Tekken in some time but its still Tekken. Which is still ass compared to any VF going back to VF2. Its a cool time waster and since I only paid $27 for it I dont feel so bad.

Movement still feels like 2 funny looking rock em sock em bots jittering across the screen. Every character I've tried feels relatively the same even the animals. The game is pretty and thats about the best thing I can say about it.

I've been having a hell of alot more fun with ARMS on the Switch this weekend. :rolleyes:

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  20. Seminasuke

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Sounds like FS to me. ;)

Some pretty cringe-worthy stuff being said here. This will potentially suffer the same fate as every other 3D fighter, where most players will quit within the first month and go back to playing all the Fischer Price shit that's been dominating the scene throughout the decade.

I'm no Tekken player, but I say support fellow 3D fighting games.

...except DoA.