1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken's Fahkumram WTF?

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Mar 27, 2020.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    IMO this Fahkumram character design is one of the ugliest character designs I've seen in a FG in a long time:eek:

https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Fahkumram/Gallery

He's 6.7ft and supposed to be from Thailand:cautious: Did Bamco actually use Muay Thai mocap for this character I dunno:confused: Bruce Irvin's animations seemed more legit:meh:

It could be my VF fanboy coming out, but this Fahkumram character design looks like trash, and his animations just look suspect to meo_O

I was given Tekken 7 as a present, so I have played it. I thought Leroy was plausible, and his Wing Chun animations are ok. But Fahkumram:eek: They took out Bruce and his Kickboxing for this dudeo_O

How I wish VF would just do both Wing Chun, and Muay Thai and show the other 3D fighters how a legit character design and animation set should look:LOL:

And what about that name Fahkumram is it a common name in Thailand?:cautious: It sounds like something else is trying to be said:sneaky:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  2. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Yeah, we get it already. Tekken characters and animations are trash compared to VF. What exactly are you trying to achieve with discussions like this?

It's okay, Master. I assure you that I played enough VF to train my body and soul to be ready for an upcoming toilet paper robbery.

masterpo and Dreamboat like this.
  3. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @Seminasuke oh, its meant to be a real discussion. I think the character design is trash, but others may not. I truly am curious about whether I'm in a small minority that think that Fahkumram is ugly, or if most people that have seen the character design agree.

I'm also suspicious of that name Fahkumram:ROTFL: it looks like an anagram for something else. But since it has 9 characters that would generate 9! permutations, i.e 362880 combinations of the letters in Fahkumram so I didn't try to see what else could be spelled using those letters. But it does seem like there is some levity at play here.

Fahkumram looks like a freak. His head looks like its too small for his body, I suspect there are going to be some real graphics perspective problems comparing Fahkumram's height to Kuma or Panda. Yikes:eek:

The Tekken roster is growing more bizarre. Kangeroos, Pandas, Grizzly Bears, Gigas, Sorceress, Combots, now Fahkumram WTF? Its all starting to seem a wee bit strange to me. And the designs are just moving in a very gaudy direction, Tekken's art design is becoming more garish and kitsch like with each version.

But others may feel the exact opposite.:confused: They may like the art designs and directions. I'm truly curious to see what the opinions are out there.

I thought Bruce was better. Why even introduce Fahkumram:confused:

Hence this post.

4. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    [​IMG]

Think I can safely say they gave us worse than Sagat on crack.

Myke, beanboy, noname and 1 other person like this.
  5. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Exactly:ROTFL:

6. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Honestly,the MOST of male T7 characters are anatomically disproportionate with too small head and to large shoulders and hands. This looks terrible for me, Uggly animation increases this frustration even more.

7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I agree, they should have made Fahkumram look better.

Yep.

You forgot sleepy Vampire babes.:zzz:

Dude, what the heck is that thing?:holla:
    It looks like it came, from one of those Toy Story movies. Lol.:ROTFL:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    FlawedFists and masterpo like this.
  8. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I would like to see a line up of Fahkumram, Gigas, Kuma, Panda, Kangeroo, Marduk, and Jack all standing next to each other just so I could see what the official scale is supposed to be:confused:

The characters bodies are not only out of proportion, but I think there is a serious problem of scale in the Tekken character designs. Isn't Kuma supposed to be 9 ft tall:eek:

If Fahkumram is supposed to be 6.7ft and Kuma is supposed to be 9.2ft. and Ling Xiaoyu is supposed to 5.5ft them something is definitely wrong in the heights of the characters as presented on screen.:cautious:

I guess its hard to see what the scale is between characters with everybody always frantically doing the Korean back dash:LOL:

Seriously has there been a big change in the character artists for the Tekken franchise?

9. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I wasn't surprised he looked as ugly as he did.

10. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    The puzzle is why did the Tekken developers take Bruce out and put Fahkumram in:confused:

Some Bruce players say that Fahkumram has many of Bruce's moves:eek:

Also just on simple visual inspection Bruce's elbows and knee animations look more like they might belong to the Muay Thai tradition and Fahkumram's height blurs the effect:meh:

11. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    My man have you ever thought about an account on someplace such as Tekken Zaibatsu where people are actually encouraged to talk about solely Tekken

12. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Fans want new characters. They also want old characters. Bring the old ones back and it's 'same ole' same ole' we want new characters' if you bring in a new character, especially ones to replace an old character it's 'we want the original real deal'.

Such is life for creators in the entertainment industry...

masterpo and beanboy like this.
  13. beanboy

One good way to put it, is that there are certain fans, who don't know what they really want. They say they want A, and when they get A, then they complain and say they want B. And when they get B, then they argue that they want A instead. Yeah I know, it's confusing.:confused:

@masterpo
    Yeah, I watched this vid a few months ago. The first 7 minutes is about Leroy Smith.

From 7:40 secs, they talk about Tekken's Sagat. They did use motion capture for the big dude. And the two dudes who did motion capture for Fahkumram, are Suakim and Nadaka Yoshinari. I wouldn't be surprised, if sega uses them or one of them, or probably someone else, to do some motion capture, for Brad Burns or another muay thai kickboxer in VF6.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    noname and masterpo like this.
  14. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @beanboy, thanx for the post., this video answers almost all of my questions. It clarifies just about everything. The only thing left is why they took bruce out in the first place. Someone has already posted bruce vs Fahkumram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWjNpaN1kfw

From the video is looks like Namco already had a muay thai type moves for Bruce.

@Femto I dunno, for a roster as big as Tekken's I don't think the fans want new characters. And in this case it looks like they just re-worked Bruce. I think online players want better balance, better netcode, better lobbies, features that support online and vs tournaments. From a fighting style perspective Tekken 6 had most of the styles covered, so there was no real need for new characters. Improve old ones maybe. And Fahkumram being an improvement over Bruce is a hard sell (at least to me)

15. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    I never really liked this guy's design it's weird because he' suppose to be Thai, But he looks Hispanic to me. He reminds me of Sagat mixed with Baki muscles and reminds me of Jack Hanma. Anatomically He looks pretty awful Honestly and I would've preferred Bruce or a more Thai looking fighter like Buakaw maybe. But Tekken tends to go for the more crazy anime style characters so I guess it makes sense.

This Quote had me dying!:LOL:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    beanboy likes this.
  16. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Is Bamco and the Tekken developers simply trying to appeal to multiple countries or cultures? Bruce's backstory puts him as an American who learned Muay Thai in the U.S.
    And Fahkumram's backstory has him actually from Thailand.

So is Bamco trying to be more international in their roster?:whistle: Since they are sponsoring world tours they might eventually try to have a character from every country they sponsor a tour in:confused:

• Fahkumram Thailand
    • Miguel Spain
    • Shaheen Saudia Arabia
    • Claudio Italy
    • Katrina Brazil
    • Josie Phillipines
    • etc.

So maybe retiring Bruce and creating Fahkumram is an effort for Bamco to try to be more inclusive:sneaky: Since Tekken is played internationally, maybe they're trying to have characters that represent as many countries as they can:ninja:

I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but imo the character designs sucks. But there are some players that like the design,
    so I guess to each his own:meh:

17. gido

gido Well-Known Member

I grew in to liking the design. I'm not sure but from his first reveal months ago, I think they toned down his proportions a bit. He looks more like a real person compared to when his trailer was announced, his chest was waaay to wide for his body and head too small.

His theme is fuckin badass though

Fahkumram's design is merely Harada just saying "Here is Tekken 7's Sagat! Hope you enjoy!"

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  18. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I'll have to take your word for it:cautious:

beanboy likes this.
  19. beanboy

Sagat is still number 1.:cool:

FlawedFists likes this.
  20. beanboy