1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tennessee Players?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by soke, Feb 22, 2013.

1. soke

soke Well-Known Member

Currently staying in Nashville at least for the next couple of months. Was wondering if there were any players on here in Tennessee?

2. ghabstopr

ghabstopr Member

PSN:
    ghabstopr
    I'm right outside of Chattanooga in a small town called Cleveland, but I get down to Chatt from time to time with a local fighting game scene. I've been trying for a while now to get some people to try out VF, but with little to no success so far. There's a small glimmer of hope though, I've offered to start bringing my console setup to our meetups to try and spark some interest in the game, so I'm hoping with time it could get into regular rotation.

3. soke

soke Well-Known Member

What games are popular in Chatt?

4. ghabstopr

ghabstopr Member

PSN:
    ghabstopr
    As of late, the majority seem to lean towards AE, Marvel, and SFxT, or at least those seem to be the only games that can even come close to making a decent size bracket to run a tourney for.

5. soke

soke Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate. Chatt is a bit far to for for gatherings but I would definitely be down to go there for a small tourney. Doesn't seem like there's much of a VF presence around here.

6. J.D.E.

J.D.E. Active Member

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    I'm in Chattanooga. I play DOA, MK/Injustice, & VF as of right now. I can also get to Nashville with no problems.

EDIT: Bushido is from Nashville. He also plays VF.

7. ghabstopr

ghabstopr Member

PSN:
    ghabstopr
    For anyone interested, we do have weekly meetups in Chattanooga just about every Friday and I have sparked some interest with a few of the players into VF. It's certainly not the main game by any means, but if anyone ever wants to come out and play a few rounds I and a few others would certainly be down. Msg me for meetup details.

There's plenty of variety when it comes to other games too... SFIV, Marvel, KI, Blazblue, etc