1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Test Notes

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by EvenPit, Sep 27, 2013.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Inspired by being in ranked match too much these days there are some things about Eileen matchups that I will post here. they will be just points of reference/ notes of things that are relevant to Eileen. Little instances in a match when you're like, "wtf just happened, or why did that move miss"? I want to try and recreate those moments in dojo and if they are valid I will make a personal note here in this thread. (it'll make more sense when I have actually put stuff here) Probably in the form of bullet points, a example below

9/25/13 VS Shun Note1= eileens [9][P] does not punish shuns wakeup low kick and will whiff.
    Eileens zinc flip [P] can jump over shuns high wakeup kick, you'll end up behind shun and can do BT [2][K][+][G] (this move cannot be guarded BUT shun can roll out of the way avoiding the kick if the shun player is smart enough. However in a RO situation rolling out of the way may mean a RO.

This is a example of as a result of some match I had with Cmoney's shun in ranked match the other day. i wont be putting people on blast this was just of example of what it'll look like when I do find stuff that otherwise would not be worthy of making a entire thread about to it's self.

Other characters can benefit from this as well as I sometimes use Jeffery or Wolf just for the exposure and soon Sarah and Jacky. The way this will work is I'll be on the opposite end and if I come across a competent Eileen in ranked and i'm using one of the characters above (or any other character) I will take note of anything interesting that unfolds involving that specific character vs Eileen. I figure If i'm going to be in rank just to past the time I mines as well get something out of it and share it with yalls.

EileenTESTnotes.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    Craigbot, Tricky and IcKY99 like this.
  2. EvenPit

Just to normalize things here are my cpu configuration settings I use everytime I go into dojo they will always be the same so apply to all future notes unless otherwise mentioned. And I will always be using Eileen on my end unless otherwise stated.
    CPU settings
    Action settings- Don't move
    State- Standing
    Reaction- Counter hit
    Health bar settings- Type A

Details
    Turning around- Turn in place
    Throw escapes- No
    Getting up- Side roll/back
    Rising attacks- None
    Rising speed- Fastest
    Fall recovery- Side roll/back (exact)
    Stagger recovery- Fastest

Ok now on to the 2nd note

9/28/13 VS Dojo (eileen) Note2= Normally with [2][3][6][K][+][G] hitting your opponent and creating CH wall stagger is kind of a guess as far as, distance you need to be for it actually to work. Even at closest range it's 50 50 with no easy visual Q as to if you're going to get the stagger. You can test this yourself to see what I mean by setting the cpu's back to the edge of the ring and repeat [2][3][6][K][+][G] over and over, you can do it fast and slow (not too slow though). The 1st hit will stagger giving you +8 the second hit will not stagger (repeat etc.)
    BUT
    Move back to center ring position and do [6][K][+][G]cancel into [2][3][6][K][+][G] and assuming your opponent hits a button you get the wall stagger granting you +16 max. And if your opponent happens to be Eileen in this situation then its big damage with [3][K] being guaranteed. (I managed to max out at 105 dmg with this combo after [3][K] hits= [8][P][+][K][+][G][P][P][P], [P], [4][3][P][+][K]~[2][3][6][P])

side note1= max damage side crumple [3][K] combo for Eileen & El Blaze, Aoi = [2][1][4][P][P]~[2][3][6][P][+][K], [6][6][K], [P], [4][3][P][+][K]~[2][3][6][P] 9hit 106 dmg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Tricky likes this.
  3. EvenPit

9/28/13 VS Dojo (Entire cast) Note3= This note focuses on Eileen's [3][P]cancel[2][1][4][K][+][G] from when opponent is BT. I will just go down the line indicating who it's guaranteed on, who can avoid it and who can actually deliver damage to you if do it on them.

TAKA- will counter and deliver 67 dmg at -11 using [4][P][+][K][+][G]
    AKIRA- guaranteed
    PAI- guaranteed
    LAU- Evades the move completely using [9][K] putting him a good 4 character lengths away
    WOLF- guaranteed
    JEFFRY- guaranteed
    JEAN- guaranteed
    EILEEN- guaranteed
    SARAH- guaranteed
    JACKY- Only [3][P] is guaranteed Jacky is able to block [2][1][4][K][+][G] and punish as seen in Eileen Thread page 3.

SHUN- guaranteed (if there's any amount of delay by you however Shun may be able to evade the move completely with BT [6][6] tis-Online)

LION- guaranteed
    ElBlaze- guaranteed

AOI-
    Not guaranteed Im 100% sure of this but I have no idea of the input Aoi uses to avoid this sorry:( Just never use it on her!

LEIFEI- guaranteed
    VANESSA- guaranteed
    BRAD- guaranteed
    GOH- guaranteed

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Eileen's 9P will whiff against
    Shun - 2K
    Jacky - 1K+G

5. EvenPit

10/1/13 VS Dojo (Jacky) Note4= Custom meaty setup 1. (side note= some of these are very time sensitive I'll indicate which ones with TS label) These setups? "But why would I use this over the normal combo?' = more damage, way more

Starting with [4][6][P] combo starter
    [P],[6][P][+][K][P] wait [3][K] +10 TS (guaranteed throw attempt) Total dmg possible = 138 using Eileen's [2][1][4][P][+][G] opposed to the normal combo for Jacky with this combo starter only maxing out at 71 dmg open stance (using [2][1][4][K][+][G]) 70 dmg closed (using [6][P][+][K][P][P]) & if you're not paying attention to your stance you'll only get 64 dmg= lame

Using the [4][6][P] starter custom meaty setup above gives you the minimal possible damage assuming you connect with Eileen's highest damage throw after the +10. However below I will leave you with higher damage options depending on the combo starter you connect with.

Ok so we already done [4][6][P] setup which gives you max 138,
    And just for the record the [3][K]+10 [2][1][4][P][+][G] is 82 dmg on its own so you can add it on

Ok using [4][6][K][+][G]
    [4][3][P][+][K], [P][+][K][P] = 64 dmg (then goes for the setup) + 82= 146

This last one is the max dmg possible you can muster using that combo starter and that setup on Jacky & most likely anyone in his weight class without a wall.

Using pounce [2][1][4][P][+][K][P]
    [4][3][P][+][K], [P][+][K][P] = 67dmg for a grand total of 149

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. EvenPit

Or damn I suppose you could finish the whole 6P+KPP and then do 3K. I haven't thought about that. The timing might be different though. But who in their right mind wouldn't tec roll after a "supposed" 6P+KP "failure".

7. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4

She can BT reverse your mid punch with [1][P][+][K] or BT evade with [2] or [8][P][+][K][+][G]

Craigbot and EvenPit like this.
  8. EvenPit

10/2/13 VS Sarah Note5= Eileen's [6][P][+][K][P]cancel into [6][P][+][K][+][G] is not good VS Sarah unless there is hesitation.

-[2][P] or evade against Flamingo

- Sarah's [9][P][+][K] into Flamingo +4 on block +6 to +7 on hit and +9 on CH

- On block Sarah's [9][P][+][K][K] is +4 Eileen counter with [2][P]
    but not sidestep [6][P] elbow or [P] you'll get CH if Sarah's [K] is repeated. But sidestep [2][P] is ok +9 CH if that occurs.

- For the situation above Eileen's sabaki gives you +28. This is useless because it creates too much space between you and your op but in somewhere like the Taco stages it means a free luncher.

(side note= seems like the -4 position makes way for people to [2][P]. Example me using Wolf and landing fully charged [P][+][K] then doing guaranteed [P][K] is +4 for me and after I hit that my opponent goes for [2][P] right away. I thought this may be out of desperation but seems I've been seeing it in other places a lot lately).

so in most cases -4 = [2][P]?

9. Tricky

I noticed in the BT cup Against Brad Eileen was able to use 2_3P+K to go under brads Special High 6_ K move. The shoulder was after eileen's 2P was blocked. I wonder what other special highs it can go under.

10. Tricky

Aoi can't BT reverse double mid punches though. If I'm remembering correct.

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I don't know about eileen's shoulder ram in particular but i've had akira's shoulder ram (i tend to run across Gameztrix a LOT on xbl) go under vane's special highs at one point or another (DS [K][K], OS [6_][K], [4][P][K] and [3][K][P][K]).

Since eileen's shdrm is supposed to have a hitbox that's even more evasive than akira's i assume it will also beat the same moves.