1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[THAI] Has any Thai vfer come across this board?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Trigger, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

ÃÂÕã¤Ãà»ç¹¤¹ä·Â, ¾Ù´ä·Â ËÃ×àÃÂÕàª×éêҵÃâ€ÃƒÂ¤Ã‚·Ã‚à»ç¹ÃÅÒªÃâ€Ã‚¡Â¢Ã§ºÃÂÃì´¹ÕéºéÒ§ËÃ×ÃÂà»ÅèÒ (you need Thai font encoding to read this).

2. Ioa

Ioa Member

Yes I am thai !

I live in Bangkok and I love VF series so much.

Nice to see another Thai VF player here.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: [ENG] Has any Thai vfer come across this board?

Also, I don't know if he's from thailand, but a regular poster on this board .. Chanchai.. has spent some time there.

4. Ioa

Ioa Member

His name "Chanchai" sounds like a Thai to me...
    I am looking for someone who wants to play VF4 on PS2 with me. Anyone living in Bangkok ?

5. T^5

T^5 Active Member

waddee.
    i'll be back in bkk soon, so let's hook up

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yep, I am Thai (you can definitely tell by my handle and my last name too/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif). Too bad I don't know when I'll be going to Thailand next... But I will private message you guys if it happens to be sometime in June, July, or August. I really do want to visit BKK again.

Speaking of which, I did play a Wolf player in VF3 at World Trade Center (Mall/Department Store) arcade 2 years ago--constantly doing low kick (MC) throw/versus/images/icons/wink.gif But that was about as much human competition I've had in Thailand for VF, though I'm sure it's different with VF4 (and how many "copies" must be going around in Thailand).

-Chanchai

7. Ioa

Ioa Member

Whaaaat~! You are that ugly Wolf player I met in WTC !!! (and I got my buds kicked......) /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif I have been wondering if you are Thai or not , Chanchai. Oh well, that doesn't really matter much anyway. I just want to play with someone who can really play the game , and you seems to be one (or so I believe...)

8. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

Haven't come to check this board for quite a long time. I was thinking that there was probably no other Thai VF player here.
    Yeah, I also have suspected Chanchai for quite a long time. Now the greatest mistery is cleared since he has admitted he is a Thai. If i remerber correctly, there was some users in this board mocking his last name for being rather difficult to pronounce. No wonder it's Thai name.

9. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

I kind of understand your feeling since it's hard to find a serious VF player in Thailand. I remembered when my friends mocked me back in old high school when i was the only one in the whole damned school playing the "ugly" VF1. However, I did encounter some of god-damned good players at places like The Mall (bangkapi) and Central (Pin-klaw).
    Haven't been back to BKK for a long time so I don't know where to find a place with VF4 machine. Do you know any place with VF4 arcade machine in BKK?
    I 'll be back in BKK next week.

10. twinfighter

twinfighter New Member

Hey!! I'm Thai, too. I have been in Virginia for about 3 years. I love VF. too.I'm looking for some thai players who are here, but I couldn't find anyone.I always play Wolf as my main character and a little bit of Lau, Jacky, Jeffery, Sarah and Venessa.

11. Ioa

Ioa Member

I think there is no VF4 machine in BKK. As some of you might have already know , arcade scene in Thailand is dying. Galaxy ( which is the only company that running a 'legal' arcade center) doesn't have any plan to import any new arcade from Japan anymore. I think their latest game is probably VF3 , how sad.

By the way , Galaxy in MBK is now close for renovation. Does anyone want to share the info regarding renovation of that arcade ? I just hope that they will start bringing new machines in , especially VF4 !

12. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Is there really anything to do in Thailand? What else do you people enjoy?

13. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

No VF4 in Bangkok? Me going to Bangkok on 27th of June and staying till 1st of July. Staying at Asia Hotel in the city area. Hope to find some time for VF action.

14. T^5

T^5 Active Member

hey guys, i'm back i just came back from japan and in bkk now, anyone want to play me ?

15. Ioa

Ioa Member

Cool ! , I am in Bangkok too. Let's meet up !
    Where do you live ? I live close to Kaset Uni. As you might have already know there is no VF4 Arcade here in Bkk so the only way we can play is VF4 on PS2.

16. T^5

T^5 Active Member

good, nice to know some people still read this thread.
    anyway, i live in sukumvit so we are kindda far but give me a call on my cell at 01 2950592 and we'll arrange something. btw my name is Tee.

17. Ioa

Ioa Member

We will be meeting up at Lido Theatre , Siam Square at around 6.30 PM. You all are welcome to join us.

18. Ioa

Ioa Member

Practice practice practice I need more practice !!! /versus/images/icons/mad.gif
    Nice playing with you Tee. Sorry that I couldn't win you as much as I should ! I will try harder next time /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif It was funny how that guy told us about wearing item can make your char stronger......

19. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I MIGHT be in Thailand late August/early September.... but I'm not sure. Of course, if I go to Thailand, it would mean skipping NYG...

Anyways, I'll let you guys know when I go to BKK.

I only played against one person VF3 in BKK 2.5 years ago at World Trade Center(?). Wolf player who constantly did low kick MC --> throw.

-Chanchai

20. T^5

T^5 Active Member

heya, i think we all needed work. i need to break those low throw. but sure we will play again. in the mean time i will practice lau so i know what to do with him. just give me a call when you want to play...laterz