1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The "look what I got today" thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Catch22, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Post whatever videogame related item you might have newly bought or just received.

[​IMG]
    A Hori box from Newegg...

[​IMG]
    ...containing RAP V3 SA's...

...to answer this thread:
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/knock-off-sanwa-obsf-30-button.16503/

BTW, pretty good deal at Newegg.com... $119 each, with free shipping. Or if you live in Hawaii like me, buy Shoprunner shipping for $9 for unlimited 2-Day UPS shipping for a month with Shopprunner.com's affiliated stores.

Sudden_Death and Chanchai like this.
  2. Catch22

Played and finished Shinobi on PS2 about 5 years ago, and it was pretty hard, but not THAT hard. Then bought the sequel Nightshade AKA Kunoichi. It's sad really, but I hardly play any more, but just collect shit that's related to stuff I enjoyed back in the day. It's beginning to scare me because I'M BECOMING A HOARDER.

[​IMG]

Chanchai likes this.
  3. Catch22

Ordered from Newegg.com- 2ea. RAP V3 Kai, 1ea. RAP VX Kai, 1ea. RAP V3.... don't ask...

[​IMG]

But if you wanna ask...

I deflowered a regular RAP V3 in this thread: http://virtuafighter.com/threads/knock-off-sanwa-obsf-30-button.16503/
    So I need to replace it with one unmolested.

I'm gonna take apart one RAP V3 Kai to change button colors cause I like to make my sticks with the "vitua stick" colors, and keep the other one unmolested.

And I had to have the XBox version of the Kai.

I'm getting nucking futs.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If you don't want your leftovers, I will happily accept them ^_^

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

seconded

6. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

7. Catch22

Ew... sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths.

On a more serious note... it has arrived!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

I do beleive that's the VO4 stick that I bought from eBay just 4 days ago. THAT WAS FAST, considering it came from Taiwan!!!, with an unused Saturn pad and VF for Saturn (bundle version). I do believe the guy has 9 left.

Will open later, may do one of them "unboxing vids"... busy watching Hawaii get mangled, torched, destroyed, mamed, dissected, coldcocked, obliterated, smoked, stomped... by USC. Looks like a long season.

Chanchai likes this.
  8. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    I found and bought a still sealed copy of Sim Ant for PC at a thrift store.

[​IMG]

EmX likes this.
  9. Catch22

Whoa, that's pre-Windows '95

Got these in today (I don't know why, but receiving packages from overseas with all the labels and stuff, looks like art to me, and always gives me a smile):
    [​IMG]

The dude ruined a perfectly good MAX ANARCHY promo poster to wrap the package... cringe, not that I"m a fan of Max Anarchy, but that artwork is awesome... just got Kunoichi Famitsu Guide, and a Stunner with "Sega Saturn" graphics and yellow triggers... oh, and a free bag of tea from the Stunner seller. LOL. I thought it was a moisture bag.
    [​IMG]

PaiChun likes this.
  10. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Free tea....that's the darndest thing.

11. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Some retailers like to give away free sweets, same thing, except I guess more asian?

12. Catch22

Two packages from the UK:
    [​IMG]

I always wanted to get this... my favorite, or 3rd favorite racer... Wip3out 2097, or WipeoutXL or SATURN. Yep, Wip3outXL for Saturn.

[​IMG]

And the VF4 stick for PS2... needed the instructions and character cards, which are pretty rare. Really didn't want the STICK, I just needed to complete my other one, which didn't have them.

[​IMG]

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Whoa, how come I don't remember getting the character cards and instructions? Was this a special bundle?

I have that stick too...

14. Catch22

No, apparently, they come with the sticks. Not a promotion. I'll take mor pics when I get home.

15. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

16. Catch22

Yeah Zero, I saw that awhile back. I still go to their news page daily to check on the specials, even though it's been awhile since I actually bought something from them. The heyday of import store/webstores like Tronix, NCS, etc is a bygone era.

Too bad that RAP is only the regular version, and not the SE or SA versions that have either Seimitsu or Sanwa parts respectively, or else I would have moved on this.

17. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Oh wow, I had no clue that Wipeout XL was ported to Saturn. :eek:

Those character cards look way cool too! :cool:

18. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    Wow that caught me off guard as well. I gotta import me some XL now.

19. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Finally got my VF pachislot to keep my VF pachinko company.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of the box it came in (for Catch22!!)

[​IMG]

Chanchai, Catch22 and Sidna7 like this.
  20. Catch22

Haha, yeah yeah, I get hard-ons for nice shipping boxes :)

But how's about a video showing them in action?

My shipment from www.fromjapan.co.jp is here, and quick! Another box!!! LOL
    [​IMG]

Virtua Stick and VOOM TS. Gotta hand it to the Japanese, they always pack things the right way- bubble wrapped boxes with lots of extra bubble wrap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The box is immaculate condition considering the age. No creases, no fine surface scratching. Just a minimal amount of blemishes. Shocking cause I won it for 535 yen!!!
    [​IMG]

And the most important thing... it came with the instructions.
    [​IMG]

The overlay is lifting on the edges though, common for this controller, but the stick has not been used. For the amount I won it for, I was not expecting something close to this condition.
    [​IMG]

The base metal is clean, and don't have oily finger prints that the metal is easily prone to staining. Also, the feet that are usually melted, has minimal warping- rare stuff.
    [​IMG]

Compared to the Virtua Stick, which looks like melted chocolate.
    [​IMG]

Always need that instruction sheet.
    [​IMG]

Condition is good. Won it for 2100 yen.
    [​IMG]

But you'll pay in the end for shipping... :(

PaiChun likes this.