1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

This guy's getting on my nerves.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Calvin, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

Their's this one guy I face(about the only guy I play against in versus)
    that just gets on my nerves. He plays Lion and he is always anticipating my moves.
    He will hit me, crouch dash or [4][P]+[K]+[G] my every move. Then he'll back dash away so I miss him.
    Along with these huge combos that take off a big chunk of my life.
    Also, when he knows I'm anticipating a high atack he uses [P]+[K]. Can that be
    reversed because I try to but it never works. If someone could help me out here that would be great.

2. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

If you are using lion, I dont think it works against meteor punch...you use lion right?

I dont think its reversable anyways...It is pretty easily tested, just go into a game with lion as 2p and put your big toe on the p+k buttons

My suggestion though, is not to reverse it, try to dodge it,if he does it all the time you'll see it coming, its pretty slow compared to some of lions other moves. Also, whats so bad about blocking?

3. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

He doesn't do it all the time, that's the problem. He is so unpredictable. btw, I don't use Lion against him, usually I do, but for him I use Akira.

4. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

try low sweeps? if the distance is right it would snag the p+k and if he does a b, p+k+g he will be hit...Given the right distance ive found his standard sweep (and its variations) are a great option. dont ever do this at close range though, unless you definetely see a high punch combo in the works or something\

Heck I dunno...Pour coffee in his lap

5. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

Akira doesn't have low sweeps, this guy's so hard for a noob.

6. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

dodge into shoulder ram...

7. Joespeed

Joespeed Well-Known Member

Hey calvin, try some evade attacks maybe. Or block and then counter, If you tried this already then just keep trying, then one of these times you'll beat em. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

There is only one way to fail and that way is to not try
    (((_=*U*S*A*=_)))

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Calvin: Listen to Alan Tan. Period. Check out posts by CreeD. Go first Home page. Myke has loads of battle tats for you. Click on Akira on left side frame and then on right side discussions.

9. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

thx, i didn't notice that before.