1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

This weekend: any VF4 action in NYC?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by nxw0016, May 23, 2002.

1. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Memorial Day weekend's coming! NYC VF'ers, any plan for action? I haven't had any VF since the gathering two weekends ago. Anyone wanna gather to play?

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'll be at CF on Friday night. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Saturday there's a big Street Fighter tournament in NJ i'll be attending. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Sunday, Almaci should arrive from E3 to hang out for a day or so. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

I have plans on Monday. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. nxw0016

Street Fighter tourney in NJ? where is it????? Maybe you can stop by my place after you are done /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    The arcade holding the tournament is in Dunellen. Its' called Eight on the Break. Or the Break for short. They don't have VF4 /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

After the tournament I'm heading back home to get ready for a party later. Sorry man.

5. nxw0016

No problem Shag. But how about other NYC crew!!!

No one wants to play VF4 today?

6. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I was there on Friday night I didn't see anyone playing the VF4 machine. From 11 to 12:30, oh well next time.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I left around 11. I didn't see anybody on it while leaving. Try to get there earlier next time O.k. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

8. nxw0016

Again who wants to play this coming weekend? (6/1)
    Haven't played VF for almost three weeks! Come on NYC crew!

9. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hi Nan! We gonna get our vf oanz this weeknd (friday & saturday). Hiro will be here and we can all take a shot at kicking e3 tournament winner Ice-9's tight ass. Can ya make it dog?

10. nxw0016

Oh ICE-9 is coming this weekend!? Sure I WILL BE THERE! Again not Friday but Saturday.

Yesterday I took out my PS2 and played VF4 Kumite for a while, hadn't touched it for almost a week. I found I got slightly rusty....

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, hope everyone can make it this weekend!

12. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Hi, anyone going to chinatownfair this saturday 6/8?

I missed last week's, Can anyone tell me how was the gathering? I wanted to check out Ice-9's Kage too.

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Around what time? I'm sorta free early afternoon.

14. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Shag, I will be there in the early afternoon too, most likely from 1pm to 2pm, Probably before 1pm. I hope I'll see you and maybe nxw0016 there (if he sees this). Eventhough, I don't anyone from this board, but I feel like I have to meet most of the people here.

I'm new to vf4, i really want to see some high-level game play and some human competition. I think that going to the arcades is like a good measuring stick.

Shag, who's your main character(s), so I'll know it's you. Mine is kage. That's why I want to see Ice-9 playing Kage, too bad I missed out on last weekend's arcade meeting.

15. nxw0016

Sorry I missed you guys last weekend. My past weekend has been World Cup Soccer, French Open Tennis, sleep, eat, cooking, and repeat. (yeah, no VF at all).

Want to see some Kage? I use Kage too /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

nxw0016:
    damn, you're too. I hope you're really good b/c I want to see it. I can't wait to see your kage. I think I have a distint style of using Kage, maybe it's the newbie style. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif It's definite not Kyasa-O san's flow chart. (no where near as good as his)

I'm not used to the stick yet. Ver. B Kage seem a bit different, but I think Im doing alright now. I'd see what high-level gameplay looks like now.

I guess I have to wait. can't make it these next two Saturdays, Our Kages will meet one day and whoever wants competition in nyc too.

Can you please tell me how good's Ice-9. I wonder what are his new theories on kage that he mention in vf4 evo thread