1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

To all old school players from vf2 and vf3 (if there are any left??)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Air Jacky, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Air Jacky

Air Jacky Well-Known Member

Hi all
    This is Boyd from Minnesota. i was jsut wondering if some people from the mid to late 90's are still playing? I haven't been playing in the last few years, but with vf5 coming out this late spring and i will be going to japan this spring. i will have to play vf5 when i am there. So i wanted to get as much info as possible and what better place to find it then vf.com.
    I also wanted to say Hi to all the old school players.
    Let me know whats up and do you still play vf?

cant wait to hear from you everyone
    boyd

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

whoooaa! rise from your grave.

long time havent heard about you. dunno if you knew me, my nick was piccolo back then, from new york crew..

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

toronto VF scene is either dead or underground but there are some old school players still about.

I still keep my VF2 and VF3 chops about me. actually I Think they are hardwired into my hands.

GE

4. ETPharaoh

ETPharaoh Well-Known Member

You still done with Evo Boyd? We haven't played with you in months. Hell, Jesse and I have only played a couple times during that interim. Unfortunately for all of us, you, me, Jesse and Alexei are the only old school MN VFers left.

If you're up for some Evo while waiting for VF5 (which GameWorks assures me our location will be receiving when the time comes) you know how to reach us. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Air Jacky

you bet i am alive jsut took abreak from vf or should i say vf4. lol
    did you play shun back then??
    if so i remember you if not i dont remember.
    good to hear soem are still playing

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

nah, not shun, that was nelson (aka guetto_shun)

i played taka, jeff , akira. kage

7. OldJacky

OldJacky New Member

GodEater! It's me the VF2/3 old time Jacky player from Ottawa! Remember my name, begins with S... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A New year brings memories of good times and after googling for VF5, I was interested to see if there were any old timers out there.. and volia! Your handle was an instant reminder!

Can you believe it.. it's more than 10 years already! Still in touch with folks like Clem and Lanbui?

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sitson? It can't be...

9. GodEater

It is though!

Sitson, I replied to your PM. Nice to hear from you!

recap: Lanbui (Hao) is a mystery. I don't know what's up with him. Clem is working on a movie in Quebec and is very busy until March. The rest of the VF crew is dead, I think.

GE

10. OldJacky

OldJacky New Member

How about a MoaT 10 year reunion?

Like you, I'm still hardcoded to play VF2/3 after all these years. Though my reflexes may show signs of aging... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Hey Boyd,,

nice to hear from you.. this is faustino.. i remember asking shota about all of you guys , jesse ( your flying jacky counter part) , alexi, everyone else and the unforgetable brian.

VF 4 was a bit of lull i think for many midwest players. dont know what happened, i think the fact that a lot of us also began to grow up, get married, and try diffrent things is what grew us a bit apart.
    I'm still trying to play a bit; shota is in NY now, harold is still around expanding his skills to all 3d games , Ed is married w/ a kid, the rest of the chi crew still keeps in touch , only socially more so than for VF. We'll see if that changes.

later,

old-stino

12. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: To all old school players from vf2 and vf3 (if there are any left?

Holy Moly, really talk about rise from your grave...where have you been?

13. ETPharaoh

[ QUOTE ]
    MADrox said:

Hey Boyd,,

nice to hear from you.. this is faustino.. i remember asking shota about all of you guys , jesse ( your flying jacky counter part) , alexi, everyone else and the unforgetable brian.

VF 4 was a bit of lull i think for many midwest players. dont know what happened, i think the fact that a lot of us also began to grow up, get married, and try diffrent things is what grew us a bit apart.
    I'm still trying to play a bit; shota is in NY now, harold is still around expanding his skills to all 3d games , Ed is married w/ a kid, the rest of the chi crew still keeps in touch , only socially more so than for VF. We'll see if that changes.

later,

old-stino

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you play Taka at the VF3 tourney here in MN those years back?

14. Air Jacky

Hi Faustino
    good to hear from you. nice to hear about the chicago players. man it has been a while. it sounds like everyone is still doing good. i would love to play some people from the old days again. lets all keep in touch.

boyd

15. Air Jacky

I remember you shadowdean. we meet in new york once at adams little get together in i think 98 or 99
    good to hear from you. you still playing vf?

16. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

There are actually a lot of people on the site who've been around since VF2 or earlier, many of them may just not be saying anything (IE NY people, Andy from LA here has played since 2 etc.).

For my part, I started playing in NYC in '95 with many of the current NYC people, as well as several Japanese players who aren't around anymore. I also played VF2/3 with others who were active in the RGVA scene, like Mason (who surfaced a while back?), Yupasawa, Abbot Wang (?), Colin Leong etc.

Sadly, I never got to meet Joji...

If people ever wanted to get together for a VF2/3 gathering, that's something I'd probably try to make.

Bryan

17. GodEater

to speak around that, Sitson from Montreal has mentioned that he'd love to get together with the Toronto folks as a sort of reunion of old days.

If there was interest in the older games I would love to see something happen as a gathering. While the Toronto "scene" is all but dead I still have the VF2 and VF3OB VF3TB boards at my place and the necessary tech to hook it up. should there be enough interest I'm more than agreeable to host or roadtrip the gear and get a party started.

Any time after March is good for me.

GE

18. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

THis almost feels like a bunch of old timers talkin about the good old days... it feels nice /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

GodEater:
    You know I had wanted the same thing to happen > something like a long weekend tourney/gathering (surprised they havnt done it Japan).. where your wins on each version of VF total to the top person being VF KING . Now That would be a gathering..

ETPpharoh:
    yea that was me - the infamous recoil dude from HG site. I see you around these boards, who are you btw ?

BOYD
    Yes, everyone is working, traveling and/or still enjoying life.. It would nice to play again. And yes i sure will keep tabs .

Also,
    Seems as though if stuff works out we may be having a small gathering with OH crew weekend of Feb 11th.
    check out chicago post in Jamboree section > incase you know someone coming down.

later,

warm-inside-stino

19. ETPharaoh

[ QUOTE ]
    MADrox said:
    ETPpharoh:
    yea that was me - the infamous recoil dude from HG site. I see you around these boards, who are you btw ?

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is Sam and I've played Lion and Lion only since VF2 was new and exciting. Boyd, Jesse, Alexei and I all worked at that Picadilly Circus for a while at one time or another. I seem to remember you from the tourney since I recall you playing Taka. To be perfectly honest, I don't remember a whole lot else about that tourney apart from some of the people who attended and that it was damn hot in the arcade!

20. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Yes ,, i remember you now.. i think you didnt have a great lion when chicago tourney happened,, then we go to MN and you did well against shota.. You were really easy to talk to.
    It was a great time.