1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 current VF players outside of Japan

Discussion in 'General' started by tonyfamilia, Mar 12, 2010.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I figured that since the ranking system on XBL isn't too accurate we could get our own "personal opinion" ranking system going. Going off of the players you've played and/or VF videos you've watched of US, CAN, EU and any other VF players outside of Japan...
    who are your top 10 VF players?

Here's my list:

1. Shinz
    2. Rikojjang
    3. Yosuke
    4. Adam
    5. Denkai
    6. Myke
    7. Flash
    8. Cidkid
    9. Gentleman Thief
    10. TIE between Konjou and DaBadSeed

It was kind of hard to think of who to put on this list. I don't know for sure if one of those players is better than the other but going from the bit I know, I've made this PERSONAL list.
    Only true way to know is to put all of these top players in a room together at the same time and have them all battle it out. This isn't a "Top 10 VF players of all time" list. Out of the RECENT VF players, who do you think's the best?

Please don't let stuff like "who cares what I think" or let others discourage you from giving your two cents on the topic. I want to generate some VF talk and get people talking about the VF scenes outside of Japan.
    No need for bickering and/or arguing, if you think my list is wack, then put up your own list of the top 10 VF current players [​IMG]

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I haven't played many of the top American players so I can't honestly judge them. I know they're good but with the terribad connection I have to people over there it's hard for me to play properly and , as such, form an honest opinion.

The best player I've played online is Denkai, the best player I've played offline is KneeNinja.

I also believe that there's a lot of strong european players that don't realy get their dues because of how far away from the majority they are.

My personal top ten of the people I have played are as follows:

1.Denkai
    2.KneeNinja
    3.Krye
    4.HOWL
    5.RyanHart
    6.Rayne
    7.Feck
    8.Kingo
    9.Marly
    10.Settra

My top ten going by general knowledge and not who I've played would be quite different. But as I say, I haven't played enough Americans on a good connection to judge them accurately.

Okay, after some thought I thought of a proper top ten.

1.Lemmyisthegame
    2.FightingV1pers
    3.Raxel
    4.AfricanMadman
    5.BdoubleBlade
    6.Hazzerone
    7.Abruptaddypaddy
    8.Darthminion
    9.Hazzerone
    10.CCspeed

3. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't played many of the top American players so I can't honestly judge them. I know they're good but with the terribad connection I have to people over there it's hard for me to play properly and , as such, form an honest opinion.</div></div>
    Same goes for me(with 1 exception), so here are my Euro top 10:

1. STP Rock(Only judged from vids I saw, sadly)
    2. Krye NL
    3. ManjimaruFIN
    4. SDS Overdield <- The exception
    5. Kingo
    6. UK Rayne
    7. Feck
    8. MarlyJay
    9. D1LIOS
    10.Seidon

Not sure about the 1. place, but 1 special prices to Kahn Rahn for regular funny matches [​IMG]

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I must work to get a spot on this list. (Plague goes to work on his VF skills)[/size]

5. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    honorable mentions:
    godeater, assasinCp, dennis, none other, masared, junosynth whichever plays lion/kage.

6. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

Don't know if I could make a proper list but I could give some insight on who I think are top players Adam Yuki, flash, Denkai, Cid Kid, Texas Lion JunoSynth, Krs Jin, Mecha Shiva X, konjou, and L. A. Akira, to name a few.

7. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Same goes for me(with 1 exception), so here are my Euro top 10:

1. STP Rock(Only judged from vids I saw, sadly)
    2. Krye NL
    3. ManjimaruFIN
    4. SDS Overdield
    5. Kingo
    6. UK Rayne
    7. Feck
    8. MarlyJay
    9. D1LIOS
    10.Seidon

Not sure about the 1. place, but 1 special prices to Kahn Rahn for regular funny matches [​IMG] </div></div>
    Thanks For the Love Settra but im American my dude lol!! We just got a good connection like that lmao!!!

My top ten no particular order
    1 - Denkai
    2 - Cidkid
    3 - Konjou
    4 - AdamYuki
    5 - Chief Flash
    6 - Chief Gutti
    7 - DabSeed
    8 - GentleMenThief
    9 - Settra
    10 - Cozby

8. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

1. Hazzerone
    2. Hazzerone
    3. Hazzerone
    4. Hazzerone
    5. Hazzerone
    6. Hazzerone
    7. Hazzerone
    8. Hazzerone
    9. Hazzerone
    10. Homestay Hazzerone

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

^ Someone had to do it, shame Seidon beat you to it by putting your name twice.

I'm gonna have a good think about mine before I post it.

10. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

11. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks For the Love Settra but im American my dude lol!! We just got a good connection like that lmao!!!</div></div>
    I know, you are the exception my fella [​IMG]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what I was thinkin, isn't dude from NY? I get a good connection with ol boy too but he never sticks around to play winning or losing.</div></div>.
    I have a quite good connection with SDS, usually a stable 2 bar connection.
    Ours is usually 1 bar, and thats just to less for a decent game...
    Especially against Shun, nothing personal dude.

12. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Strange on my side your shit is like 2 bars, bright green meing, sometimes against you recently I was Dling and forgot to turn it off though.

Could be.

13. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

NOBODY so far has had Danny13 even on their list?

Seriously?

14. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Yeah, he seems extremely fierce.

15. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    These are crazy times.

I could think of at least <span style="text-decoration: line-through">2</span> 4 other players who could be one that list.

16. SDS_Overfiend1

Outta sight outta mind.

Why did'nt you mention him then rather than just mentioning nobody mentioning him?

@Settra - I hear ya man. We get a good 2 bar connection that i like to say 2 bars "Upside" meaning its 2 bars with traces of a 3 bar lol!!

17. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    L_A, Goatcheese, Srider, and Renzo are never given credit.

18. SDS_Overfiend1

Why did'nt you mention them rather than just mentioning nobody mentioning Them?

19. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Because, even after doing so, nothing will happen.

----
    lol vortex ability of quote is gone too...

20. xmy

xmy Member

WHERE IS MY NAME [​IMG]