1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 best moves in the game?

Discussion in 'General' started by cmase1989, Aug 21, 2014.

1. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

Me and a friend where discussing this the other day, i'm fairly new to the game and curious what others would have to say. Anyways(in no particular order):

1: Jean's 66p
    2: Akira's 666p
    3: Akira's Guardbreak
    4: Shun's 214p+k (mid launcher thats positive on block)
    5: Vanessa's 9p in OS(superman punch)

other notable moves are Vanessa's 1p in DS and Wolfs Burning Hammer

What are your oppinions on the best moves in VF?

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Akira SDE
    Akira GB
    Taka 4P+K,P
    Jacky Iaigeri
    Goh Tsukamigaeshi

MarlyJay likes this.
  3. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

In order first to fifth

Akira SDE
    Jean 66p
    Akira 6p+k+g GB
    Brad 4p+k (12 frame ch launcher)
    Goh tsukami (if the player is able to use this consistently, probably the best tool which Takes goh from B to S tier)

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Akira GB - punishes proper defence. Way too fast.

Akira SDE - punishes attacking from disadvantage. Crazy combination of range and speed. Fuzzy safe on block.

Jacky 1P+K string - Lol Sega. Mid mid mid string which tracks, is highly delayable and the 2nd hit is only - 5. The fact that he can delay the 3rd hit for way more than 5f makes this ridiculous.

Taka 4P+K string - stupidly hit checkable and delayable. Another string that actually puts you on the defensive after blocking the first hit.

Goh Tsukamigaeshi - technically, this actually breaks the game. If it was ever completely mastered it would be near impossible to throw Goh.

5. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Sarah's 4K
    Akira's guard break
    Vane OS 9P
    Taka's 4P+KP
    Taka's HCB throw
    Jacky 1P+K string
    Brad/Vane 6_K type moves
    Kage 8P+K :)

Imo SDE is not as good as many people think, first it's hard to use it as a 15 frames move consistently upclose cause you need that 666. Then it doesn't have a good range,you can backdash it from any range the move poperties make that it cannot hit a BD, but people think it has range cause:
    1- the Akira player did 666666P and they got hit, but any move if you use 6666 before it has good range :)
    2 - They backdashed then pressed a button, which makes the SDE hit CH.

Last, it's only one hit, linear, and unless Akira has at +8 advantage it's unsafe on evade.

BlackGeneral and Sozos like this.
  6. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Akira's GB
    Taka's 4P+KP ( ridiculus, hitcheckable,delayable )
    Akira's SDE. ( just think of it... its -5 ). LOL
    jacky 1P+K string :(
    Taka's HCB throw

7. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    No top moves for Miss (Mrs?) Chan? Sigh, life's not easy at the bottom.

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Akira's SDE is made stupid good by two things;

Firstly the presence of DE which is usually too fast to backdash. And getting counter hit by DE is a terrible place to be as Akira's nitaku options take the piss given he has to go there so rarely himself (Mr - 5)

Secondly, why in the hell is SDE itself -5 on block? Given the reward for it, this fact makes no sense at all.

I feel I should add honourable mentions;
    Pai 3P+K - stuffs so much. Crazy fast mid and the pushback makes it really safe.

Aoi 43P - under highs and 13. Deceptive range and pretty spammable.

Shun 1kk - half circular fast true low. Can cancel to get himself out of what is guaranteed damage for some other characters.

Sozos likes this.
  9. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    i hate to be blunt, but I'm going to be blunt. i dont think you have enough skill to complain about tiers. Dont even mention or hint at it, that only causes misconceptions.

10. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Japan said she was bottom and hardly anyone uses her on here -shrug- 3P+K is hardly 7K. I win a lot more if I pick other characters. One of the biggest problems is actually the weight class, not so much the moves, some we both suffer from in this game. At least it's not SCV stupid huh? ;)

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    SDE execution always feels like a huge commitment, even in scenarios where it's a good option due to Akira's linear move set. It's still really good, but Akira doesn't have any other amazing mid options from +6 and under that net a good CH reward.

Gotta make Akira work for his money.

12. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4

What about your beloved 1KK ?

13. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    I wouldn't say his burning hammer is a top move, but his [6][3][2][1][4][P] is one of his best moves imho.

14. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Pai is good. What makes her bad are bad players playing her. Even if you picked DBZZZZZ+ tier Dural, you'd STILL be bad with her, no matter what Japan or Arcadia magazine or Katagiri-san may say, because your understanding of the game is lacking.

Tiers ONLY MATTER in the HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY. There are only maybe 5-7 people outside of Japan that can say there even close to that level.

So no, you didnt lose because of Pai. You lose because you're bad at VF. Youre not at a level to talk about tiers yet.

15. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    Jeffry's CH 2K into 236 P+G (guaranteed). Honestly, I'd just trying to perfect landing it every single time without fail. That move is hella good. You can at least land 1 CH 2k per round and get a free 111 damage.

Like any good move, can't spam it against smart players, but as a Jeffry move (and we all know he sadly doesn't have too many good moves) it's really strong.

Modelah, Kamais_Ookin and Sozos like this.
  16. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ItSupah, IcKY99, DK and 2 others like this.
  17. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    I dont know jeffry but from what i see that move has also good hitbox so it make it easier if i am right!

Jacko likes this.
  18. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Poor little Pai with a 12 frame mid that can't be sabaki'ed and knocks down on counterhit. Boo Hoo! It's so hard being Pai.

MarlyJay and Sozos like this.
  19. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Pai chun's signature move is 2KK. Poor Pai...

20. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    WTF happened the last 2 years that nobody's complained about the bodycheck yet? :D