1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TORONTO (ish) OFFLINE VF

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by GodEater, Oct 12, 2010.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I no longer have LIVE but now that some of the major home renovations are done I recently booted up my 360 and, after replacing some buttons, discovered I'd like to play some offline VF.

So...any VF heads in the GTA wanna hook up for some games, food, drink, chilling? I can host without issue.

I'm in Georgetown which is about an hour outside of Toronto but part of the GTA.

Georgetown

2. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I AM THERE!

....IN SPIRIT!

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Is that Vice City or San Andreas?

4. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

Georgetown?!! Thats um really far for me. Maybe if johnson is up for traveling that far, and maybe if he can give me a ride I would would come.

5. GodEater

yeah, without a car it's a bit of a haul. All we really have to do is arrange for day and time.

6. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I've got family in the Toronto area. I've never got the chance to meet them at their new place. If I find myself in the area, we should have a few games.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  7. GodEater

definitely. send a PM when you know and hopefully we can arrange a little gathering with locals. I'm not sure anyone plays at the moment (I know I don't) but it comes back fast enough.

8. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Count me in! It is good to see some old faces, but not sure if I can still play competitively. And Georgetown isn't *that* far, I drove there a few times.

9. GodEater

you sure have!

Well okay. so we have Johnson in.

fair claim: while I have a 360, and can host, my Arcade Fightstick has had faulty buttons since day one. I don't use it, I don't spend time trying to repair it. we need sticks.

Also, I have a working VF2. not sure if anyone besides me and Llanfair, Kbcat care but there it is.

10. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    I recently got a good deal on a used copy of VF5: didn't get my PS3 until quite recently. Lack of online is unexpected and disturbing. Not sure if anyone remembers, but I used to be around for gatherings, mostly when there was the VF4:FT machine in Metro Square. Anyone in GTA still playing?

11. GodEater

hey man, I recently sold all of my 360 games and my stick is broken so I'm totally out of the loop. I'm not sure the Toronto group still plays - the last response before yours was in November of last year.

My offer to host is still up but I'm all but positive VF is dead and gone as far as Toronto is concerned.

12. Mista_tee

Yes i still play. not as much as before but I still do. Problem is it seems no one else does or I am kept out of the loop, idk. Where in toronto do you live b4k4?

13. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    It's a real shame the Toronto fighting game community never took to the VF games, as they're much better games (imo) than what's currently popular (i.e. MvC3, or Tekken). I should have done my research first but I picked up my PS3 copy of VF5 on a whim. It was a bit of a burn to see it didn't come with online. I'm in the Eglinton & Dufferin area, Mista Tee. Do you also play Tekken perchance?

14. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Summer is almost here and we can get together soon. I still have my xbox and sticks in excellent condition. [​IMG]

15. Mista_tee

b4k4. yeah I do play tekken as well. Infact i was at Sat gathering as well :p Sorry I don't play SC4 anymore or I would have probably played you.
    Johnson, omg you are alive?! lol

16. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember who you are Mista Tee. I used to run the Tekken and SC brackets at the T tournaments. I've been out of FGs for a while (Tekken 5 was my last real game, and I dallied in SF/SSF4).

In other news: it looks like there are still players after all! I'd expected (given lack of activity) it'd take a week or two to get some replies, but it seems like there are people willing to play. Cautiously optimistic?

17. Mista_tee

you played Tekken 5? I don't remember you coming to any tourney's. It was usually me or Russell running them. Any -hoo, today a friend of mine said he kinda has an itch to play some vf. So if you, Johnson and possible some others are down for a VF gathering sometime soon on a Saturday then I am sure I can make it happen. Just let me know which Saturday would be good.

18. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Haha yeah man I definitely played T5, but I fell off before DR was out. I ran the qualifiers for the T5 nationals, and the 5v5 we had with the USA (which we won btw, go us). I assume Russell would have taken over after I left. I'm going to be out of town for the next week or two, but come May I'll be down for a gathering. Anyone else?

19. Mista_tee

lol I was at those events for sure, I took over most of the tekken 5 tourney's after that. two weeks from now might be ok. I might be in montreal at that time but I think it will work out.

20. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Funny, Montreal is where I'm going to be while I'm out of town. Whatever, sometime mid-May. I need a chance to get my game pulled together again anyway; it's been ages >_<.