1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Turning around properly?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by TheWorstPlayer, Mar 10, 2010.

1. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe I'm not. What's the proper way to turn around or block in some side turned/backwards situations? There's a lot out there especially Akira.

In particular after CH 46 P with Shun is anything guaranteed? I find myself rear throwing people all the time but if there's time for that there's time for a juggle maybe?

Other things like 3p+g, chouwan seems guaranteed butonce in a while it just gets blocked.

I was wondering if people could share some of their favorite side turned or rear setups, what's guaranteed and what's just hard to stop?

2. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Don't know if you can "turn around properly" just hold guard.

From what I hear though you're supposed to crouch dash fuzzy in the way your character would be facing.

There's also something about guarding from side turned aswell but I can't remember what it is.

3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    With Jeffry when I'm back turned I do 9K, or hold opposite direction block.

If I'm feeling really ballsy I just walk around holding the joystick, it has amazing evasive properties but..... your very vulnerable.

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
  5. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

I believe its mostly dependent on your character and what your opponent is doing. Like when Eileen does her [6][P][+][G][6_] throw then starts the [P][P][P]jump strings, I usually mash [P] to prevent the jump. If she does something else though, I'll probably take serious damage. But pressing [P] from BT is a generally quick way to turn around and prevent backthrows. If I was using Shun though, I'd simply roll out with his [4][4]

But most of the time, no attack is actually 100% guaranteed from backthrow (with some exceptions, of course). Usually just holding [G] will work. The danger there is the speed that your character turns around seems to be long enough that the opponent can dash-throw and get a backthrow. I guess thats where the mixup comes from.

As far as Shun's [3][P]+[G] into uppercut, I think its based on how many drinks he has. If you have no drinks, I don't think its guaranteed (I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that Shuns frames can change based on how many drinks he has, but I could be wrong). If you have just a few drinks I think the uppercut can be ducked without damage (special mid). But at 6 or more, I think it will always launch. I'm not a shun player though, this is just my observation.

6. TheWorstPlayer

Ahhh that might be it actually. I was just mentioning a change in properties in the Shun thread. I tend to get hit by things in concession but then again there are moves like Jeffs k+g where the whole ppp is guaranteed am I right? I think on CH anyway.

7. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    ppp is not guaranteed, only pp.

8. TheWorstPlayer

Guess people just got nailed for no reason.

9. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I'm not sure about the properties of whether it's lag or just that, when your side turned and you try to attack it takes more frames or something so the last P hits.

For example side turned i do [P][6][P] threat stance K and I get a side crumple. This is absolutely not guaranteed, but since they try to attack from side turned or something it works. I don't know probably some different reason but that's just an educated guess of mine.

10. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i think u lose 3 frames to turn around from sideturned.. if i remember correctly. sorry if my answer is wrong

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

The wiki says 6 to turn around and block.

edit: sorry i read wrong the answer. I though you were still talking about the bt situations. My mistake.

12. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    hmmm didnt know that. I always thought side turned was 3. and turning from bt is 6. somebody correct me if im wrong

13. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Block takes longer then turning around, I don't remember the exact frames.

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's like the blind leading the blind. This is all spelled out in the wiki if anyone cares enough to look. Jide even posted the link:

15. TheWorstPlayer

Hahaha, I made the mistake of first typing back turned in the search function. Lets just say the search function had plenty of back turns to choose from!