1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

User profile.....

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Shundi_05, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

Actually I am quite puzzled as to why many areas in the user profile are not compulsory. If all are compulsory, then we can have a better understanding of that user like what they do, who they play, where they come from.....etc.

Yes, they can simply just give false information, but at least there is maximise efforts under VFDC's area of control. I do believed that filling up user profile won't take up too much time and if someone is really interested in being part of VFDC, he/she wouldn't mind spending this little amount of time.

I don't really know a lot about setting up a website, so don't know whether what I have mentioned require a lot of hard work. Please don't take offence for my ignorance.

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's not that hard to make all the fields compulsory, but honestly I don't want to do that. If people don't want to share any information about themselves, they'll simply make it up anyway.

I like the intentions you have with your suggestion though, because it's always easier to converse/respond to someone if you have a little background information on them.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

At least put what country/state/province you live in... especially if you're coming here to find new competition in your local area.

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, location info is definitely helpful. But... I'd hate to have to fill in compulsory fields just to register right off the bat, so I guess it should remain a voluntary thing...

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

If that is your intention. I know more than a few people have qualms about putting that sort of information on the net.

6. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

Okei. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand that, but I've seen more than a couple of people come here and ask where to find VF4 locally, but never mention where their "locally" is in the first place... <boggle>

Leave the fields as voluntary IMO. If someone does not want to give the info, they'll lie anyways. But if you want us to help you out, then give us all the (honest) info you can.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Since this topic is about user profiles, how do you change your user ID or your screen name?

9. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Since this topic is about user profiles, how do you change your user ID or your screen name?

You can't.

10. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Myke: Can you find out that we have multiple accounts? Just wondering.

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yes I can, dimension808, err, I mean, HighKing.

12. HighKing

Aw crap. /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

It's actually kinda creepy how you know.

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I find it more creepy that you go to the trouble of creating split personalities, and then reply to yourself with the other account.

I'll take it that you don't need dimension808 anymore so I'll be deleting that account in 24 hrs.

14. HighKing

that's OK.

15. HighKing

What's the ICQ number for and how do you get it?