1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Using two different characters on different Memory cards

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Zenthein, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Zenthein

Zenthein New Member

Is it possible to use two different characters on two different cards in VF4:Evo?

My friend and I play, but he wants to keep what he has unlocked, and I want to keep what I have unlocked for our characters. Is it possible to do this?

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

No, the game only reads from the 1p memory card.

3. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    That is very poor planning on SEGA's part. Any reason why? Load times? Memory Card switching corupting data?

I thought that was an awesome feature in VF4 vanilla for the ps2. Bums me out that they would not have this sort of thing for EVO.

Is there any way to use the data from 2 memory cards in slot 1. Re: read the card at different times to get the correct player data?

4. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

No, there is no way to do so... it will only read from one memory card. Loading system files from another memory will also load the characters that were on said card (overwriting all character data that was loaded previously)

5. Cephiros_VII

Cephiros_VII Well-Known Member

But in the small blue window where you choose your character (with X) ther is enough space to list 4 names...... Are you sure ther is no way to do it?

6. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

You can have up to 2 profiles per character on a memory card. I repeat: It will only read from the 1p memory slot.

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Part of the reason is faster loading time, and overall faster flow in between matches and character select screen. My take though... is that Sega wanted people to still play in the arcades...

8. Cephiros_VII

Cephiros_VII Well-Known Member

I hope, they will *fix it* in VF5 /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    They should think about players who don't have arcades nearby (actually there are NO arcades in Poland /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

9. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Well you have to remember that this game is much (was) more popular in Japan, and that is Sega's main audience. They could care less about an arcade situation elsewhere.