1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa oki options

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Parasite_eveNZ, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Parasite_eveNZ

Parasite_eveNZ Well-Known Member

So i've been using jump back land k in OS and OS K+G to beat wake up kicks but after seeing mykes kage oki setups i got to thinking does van has have any untechable or strong meaty setups to keep advantage off knock down?

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    You're describing 2 different things: "Baiting and punishing whiffed rising attacks" and "Crushing rising attacks". I'm embarrassed to admit that, currently the wiki's Okizeme section only has the first one :oops: Thanks for the reminder!

I'm adding the Vanessa options for crushing rising attacks that I am aware of. As usual, please point out if i have forgotten anything ;)

3. Parasite_eveNZ

Well as far as I know OS 44p good against rising near wall for stagger OS 9k and the aforementioned moves. What i meant by oki is if did a bound combo with OS 44kp ender and the opponent tech rolls how can I limit there options the best or at least meaties for more advantage?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  4. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Dude i think u confused 4 and 6. 4 is back and 6 is forward.

What i can advice u is all van mid moves which leads to a combo ()or not) could be a meaty. The reason why i can t tell you how to get a meaty is about the timing u input, i mean that u have to practice it on ur own to find meaties. I m a pad player and for exemple my inputs are slower than stick players so the meaties i know won t work for a stick player. Acebreaker did a vid about wake up sets up u can find it on yt. Look for him on yt and u ll find this vid. It could be a good beginning. But once again it is somthing u have to practice in dojo coz it depends also of char weigths.
    Btw for combo ender 66kp try 3k it will hit if the opponent doesn t tech roll and it will be a meaty if he tech roll. Also do 66kp after ur combo ender it will be a meaty but 66k will hit the opponent who doesn t tech but not all the cast only few chars.
    Ps the input have to be very fast...

5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I don't want to be mean but
    and
    are not the same. But, anyway, both are covered in the wiki in their respective sections (okizeme and ukemizeme).

However, as MakiLeSushi explains above, the timing for these tends to vary depending on character weight; it's thus very difficult to recommend a universal setup.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    MakiLeSushi likes this.
  6. Parasite_eveNZ

I see thanks for the tip

7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I was looking over the list of OS moves that can be used to crush rising attacks; should OS [9][P] be added to that list? It should work vs rising low attacks but sometimes it just jumps over the opponent. Anyone having success using that move vs wakeup?

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  8. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    it works on rch so if u do it too late it will whiff or jump over the opp

9. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I think this is the most relevant thread: at around the 54 minute mark of the latest Tokyo Bay Cup you can see the Vanessa player landing a 9K and then opting for a modified combo ender after the bound (jab > shoulder ram) to transition into DS and punish a potential tech-roll with a low throw attempt.