1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Frame buffer system - Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'General' started by Junsuina Chikara, Jun 11, 2013.

?

Keep Frame Buffer?

1. Yes, I like the way it is now in VF. Don't change a thing.

84.6%
  2. No, I think it should be removed to make VF more technical and difficult.

15.4%
  1. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Hi all. I was just curious to know what people think of the 10f frame buffer system. To me as an Akira player, it's obviously nice because it's handy for buffering dbl palm or 2_6pp but should it really be there? It sort of simplifies VF so what do people think? Should frame buffers only be used for strings or instant CD buffers (as in, you wait for the last attack to execute and buffer CD into dbl palm right away) or should it remain the same as it is now?

2. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Blame VF3 for the input buffer system. It's cool. If you're looking for execution, you're playing the wrong game(VF in general, not just FS).

3. MDSPrime

MDSPrime Grappler & Part time Ninja

XBL:
    Pilchard LoveR
    The lenient buffer system gives me hell, my joystick is a little slack and doesn't neutralise properly sometimes resulting in all sorts of problems, the thing is it only causes problems in VF because of the buffer system, my stick fine in Tekken, AE, KOF etc. so I refuse to buy a new one, I don't think there is anything wrong with how VF buffers it's just the irony of my situation.