VF2 for PC q..

Discussion in 'General' started by LiQuid_Fists, Jan 28, 2002.

1. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

i was jus wondering.. if i buy VF2 for PC (saw it at one store for around 5 bucks) how close will Shun of VF2 be to Shun of VF4??... will i be able to get his basics down? cus i lilke Shun.. thats the only reason i play VF.. and i wanna master him.. at the arcades the quarters add up and i cant get past Kage.. plus i need to get a grip on the game engine..

also i have winXP.. would that be a problem? if it is, there are ways of fixing it.. also.. VF3 is for DC right? cus i might get that if VF2 dont work out..

2. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

VF2PC works fine on my winxp machine.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Just go download it from Morpheus or something, anyways I hope you got a joypad or something, cause playing games like VF on a keyboard is not the most fun thing in the world!;)

4. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

joy pad's not enough ..i just bought my vf2 off ebay ..
    and using a joy pad now...its still tough..no way i can get any complex manueveur off the pad
    u need a joy stick...
    which comes to the next pt...any nice joy sticks to recommend for PC?
    =)

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hmmm... never heard of a good stick for PC, but you can always get a PSX to PC converter.

Actually, I find it MUCH easier to do moves on the keyboard (since you never have to worry about finding diagonals). Practically anyone who can type can shun puri or m-SgPm, so it's a lot of fun fooling around. :)

6. LiQuid_Fists

hey hey!
    i got VF2 now.. it works fine although i had to set my desktop colour to 16 bit..

yeah.. the bad is tricky.. my MS Sidewinder is old too.. worn out from long uses of NHL n NFS games..
    but its fine nevertheless..

i jus noticed that Shun is missing his kk and some other moves.. like his one leg stance..

7. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Alright. It just so happens that I'm looking for a couple of joysticks to use on my PC (for all the fighting games on MAME), and if I can find a PSX-PC adapter, that would be perfect. But do PSX sticks work for the PS2? Since I need a couple joysticks for VF4, it would be great to also use them for the PC.

8. LiQuid_Fists

i dont see y not..
    PSX and PS2 controllers are the exact same and thus use the same connecting port..
    so the PSX sticks SHOULD work on PS2..
    ask b4 u buy..

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

The old PSX joypads do inded work on the PS2..

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

i jus noticed that Shun is missing his kk and some other moves.. like his one leg stance..

They weren't in VF2. All of the movelists are available at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.virtuaproject.com>www.virtuaproject.com</a> go there to compare VF2 to VF4.

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Actually, I find it MUCH easier to do moves on the keyboard (since you never have to worry about finding diagonals). Practically anyone who can type can shun puri or m-SgPm, so it's a lot of fun fooling around. :)

But can you type Wolf's twirl'n'hurl? =)
    SPoD?

12. LiQuid_Fists

Shun also doesnt have his lie down n drink moves...
    i use MS Sidwinder Joypad.. works fine..
    the keyboard will give u carpal (sp??) tunnel syndrome..

13. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

I can type a SPoD (although it's much harder than using a pad), but the hcf moves still elude me. It's also rather annoying trying to doublepalm using two fingers /versus/images/icons/smile.gif