1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2 for PC q..

Discussion in 'General' started by LiQuid_Fists, Jan 28, 2002.

1. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

i was jus wondering.. if i buy VF2 for PC (saw it at one store for around 5 bucks) how close will Shun of VF2 be to Shun of VF4??... will i be able to get his basics down? cus i lilke Shun.. thats the only reason i play VF.. and i wanna master him.. at the arcades the quarters add up and i cant get past Kage.. plus i need to get a grip on the game engine..

also i have winXP.. would that be a problem? if it is, there are ways of fixing it.. also.. VF3 is for DC right? cus i might get that if VF2 dont work out..

2. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

VF2PC works fine on my winxp machine.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Just go download it from Morpheus or something, anyways I hope you got a joypad or something, cause playing games like VF on a keyboard is not the most fun thing in the world!;)

4. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

joy pad's not enough ..i just bought my vf2 off ebay ..
    and using a joy pad now...its still tough..no way i can get any complex manueveur off the pad
    u need a joy stick...
    which comes to the next pt...any nice joy sticks to recommend for PC?
    =)

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hmmm... never heard of a good stick for PC, but you can always get a PSX to PC converter.

Actually, I find it MUCH easier to do moves on the keyboard (since you never have to worry about finding diagonals). Practically anyone who can type can shun puri or m-SgPm, so it's a lot of fun fooling around. :)

6. LiQuid_Fists

hey hey!
    i got VF2 now.. it works fine although i had to set my desktop colour to 16 bit..

yeah.. the bad is tricky.. my MS Sidewinder is old too.. worn out from long uses of NHL n NFS games..
    but its fine nevertheless..

i jus noticed that Shun is missing his kk and some other moves.. like his one leg stance..

7. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Alright. It just so happens that I'm looking for a couple of joysticks to use on my PC (for all the fighting games on MAME), and if I can find a PSX-PC adapter, that would be perfect. But do PSX sticks work for the PS2? Since I need a couple joysticks for VF4, it would be great to also use them for the PC.

8. LiQuid_Fists

i dont see y not..
    PSX and PS2 controllers are the exact same and thus use the same connecting port..
    so the PSX sticks SHOULD work on PS2..
    ask b4 u buy..

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

The old PSX joypads do inded work on the PS2..

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

i jus noticed that Shun is missing his kk and some other moves.. like his one leg stance..

They weren't in VF2. All of the movelists are available at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.virtuaproject.com>www.virtuaproject.com</a> go there to compare VF2 to VF4.

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Actually, I find it MUCH easier to do moves on the keyboard (since you never have to worry about finding diagonals). Practically anyone who can type can shun puri or m-SgPm, so it's a lot of fun fooling around. :)

But can you type Wolf's twirl'n'hurl? =)
    SPoD?

12. LiQuid_Fists

Shun also doesnt have his lie down n drink moves...
    i use MS Sidwinder Joypad.. works fine..
    the keyboard will give u carpal (sp??) tunnel syndrome..

13. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

I can type a SPoD (although it's much harder than using a pad), but the hcf moves still elude me. It's also rather annoying trying to doublepalm using two fingers /versus/images/icons/smile.gif