1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4:EVO Tourney at TiT5(Dallas TX), 3/22/2003

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Oni-Kage, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

2661 MIDWAY rd.
    CARROLTON, TX 75006
    Located about 10-15 mins north of Dallas

When: March 22nd, 2003
    Time: Signups at 10am, Tourney begins at 12 noon

Tourney Rules:
    $15 entry fee
    Rounds: 3 out of 5
    Matches: 2 out of 3
    Double Elimination
    Time Limit: 45 seconds
    Health: 200 (Default)
    Shoulder Buttons ALLOWED
    Programmable controls/sticks NOT ALLOWED

Unconfirmed(I need player input!):
    Prizes: 1st 2nd and 3rd, looking for ideas on prize percentages...
    Button Layouts: A) Default layouts(preferred) or B) Allowing each to customize their own...
    Finalists: Considering making finalist games 4/7 rounds 3/5 games to make things more of a challenge...

Hotel Information:
    Forthcoming (soon)

Pre-Tourney practice games:
    Would love to meet up Friday evening before the tourney with players to get some practice games in... I will talk with the main tourney hosts about a good spot to meet up and practice.

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Button Layouts: A) Default layouts(preferred) or B) Allowing each to customize their own...

[/ QUOTE ]

My vote is to allow custom configurations as long as competitors have memory cards with their characters saves.

I suggest that those who don't own PS2 Evo by tournament time make characters when registration opens or hook up with people the night before.

3. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

customized on memory cards. Please.

4. Oni-Kage

Sounds good... customized on memory cards, otherwise default settings are used. Have your stuff together b4 the tourney and you should be good.

5. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, are ALL sticks not allowed or just programmable ones? If all sticks are banned, what is the reason?

6. Oni-Kage

Programmable sticks not allowed

Any joystick controller is fine as long as it doesnt have the macro-programming ability (aka dial-a-combos from 1 button press) etc... FYI

7. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

Re: Programmable sticks not allowed

Cool...I was concerned for a second there. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

9. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Can we get some replys from people going for sure(already have tickets) and still thinking about going?

10. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

I think we are going to find a hotel when we get there on Friday. But most of florida is confirmed!

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Plague, Catherine, Alex, Sean, Brisal73, Gribbly, and Aimstar confirmed.

There are probably more of us coming from SoCal - but the ones listed above are riding in my van (no room for anyone else in there).

SoCal players not listed above will probably confirm for themselves.

12. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

sanjuro, icecold, big boy, dirty & billie confirmed.

13. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    ModestMouse (paul) and Junosynth (frank) confirmed from CO, with the very big possibility of Aaron, Issak, CJ, Ryan, and Cabby (other CO peeps) entering as well. Don't know for sure if they can make it, but I'm sure we'll see at least half of them there.

14. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I'm still looking around.. first of all I need to find someone to room with.. since I don't think any of my crew will be able to make it. Unless I find people to room with, the cost will be too much for me to bear.. I'm friendly and I can sleep on the floor so let me know if anyone got an extra spot /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

15. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Hydra will probably need more than one room, I'm sure you can room with us Srider. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

16. Dom

Dom Member

Since some people didn't wanna look at the first page of the TiT thread and see where the tournament is gonna be at, its gonna be at.....

NICKEL MANIA
    2661 MIDWAY ROAD
    CARROLTON,TEXAS 75006

Here is the website, the place is pretty cool, it just doesn't have any carpet /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif <-----me NickelMania . The owner is giving us complete say so in how we want to rearrange the store, so if u come the day of TiT, and u feel uncomfortable with where something is, Im sure we will try to remedy the problem, no guarantees. If you're being a bitch bout something, we'll get ManChowder to Shining Wizard your ass in REAL LIFE...

[4_]GAMES[/B]
    Now for the games.. Everybody know that the games are...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [8]Tekken Tag[/u]
    Double Elimination
    Time Limit: 80 seconds
    Health: 100 (Default)
    Shoulder Buttons-Only if other party agrees.
    $15.00 entry fee
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [8]Losers Bracket Tag[/u]
    Rounds: 2 out of 3
    Time Limit: 80 seconds
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [8]Tekken 4[/u]
    Double Elimination
    Time Limit: 60 seconds
    $20.00 entry fee
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [8]Losers Bracket T4[/u]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [8]Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance[/u]
    Health: (Default)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [8]Losers Bracket MKDA[/u]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Virtua Fighter Evolution (i believe)
    Double Elimination
    Health:(Default)
    $15.00 entry fee
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guilty Gear XX

Time Limit: 80 seconds (???)
    $10.00 entry fee
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *CHARACTER SPECIFIC BATTLES*
    For the people thats participatin in the CSBs, (Ling, Hwoarang) Those tournaments are gonna start at 10:00 am saturday morning and shouldn't last but up to 12. Then at 12 noon, we're gonna have the call out matches where the people in the TIT Call-Out Thread play each other. Those matches WILL be recorded and possibly put up online, so yall better make it good. Immediately there after, TiT will commence :goparty: .

Now, it doesn't matter which airport that yall fly into. Love Field is about 20 minutes from the place TiT is gonna be and DFW is about 25 minutes, so flying into either airport is coo, but if u need a ride from the airport please tell in advance. He's prolly gonna kill me for this, but if yall need a ride, call Eddy Pistons cell phone-214-293-0842. More than likely you will get him and just ask to be picked up and we will try to help u out, and not leave people stuck at the airport like some states do *cough*CALI*cough* .. I will put more contact information on here when it comes available.

HOTELS
    There are several hotels in the Dallas area, but most of the affordable ones are like 10-20 minutes from the tournament. Here is a list of the places and the numbers..

[8]Motel 6[/u]
    Motel 6's rate is 35.99 a night, altho I think they change prices on the weekends, unless of course u call in and resverve first..
    Motel 6 Addison
    Motel 6 Forest Lane
    Motel 6 Josey Lane

For you people flyin in from Love Field Airport there is a Holiday Inn by the airport, altho, I couldn't get a price from them becuase nobody answered, but u can check it out here...

Holiday Inn by Love Field

I will update the hotels every so often so just keep checking back. And if there is a specific hotel u want, just lemme know and I'll try to find out for u. Oh also, there is a 5 dollar fee for renting out the place...[4_]ITS ONLY 5 DOLLARS U CHEAP BASTARDS /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif [/b] , so if u save .25 cent from now on, everyday up until TiT, you'll have that covered geez :shake: . But anyway, if yall have any questions or anything about anything, specifically tournaments, PM these people...

ME, ED209, Eddy Pistons-Tekken Tag/4/MKDA
    COSMIC FORGE-Virtua Fighter EVO
    SUPREME MAGNUS/CROWINHTOWN-Guilty Gear XX

Oh yeah, one more thing.. TV's equipment, would be greatly appreciated, the more equipment we get the smoother and faster this tournament can be ran, and the sooner we can get to the after party /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ! Ok NOW I think I covered everything, again I will keep adding hotels and stuff periodically so there. With all that said, I hope to see alot of you's here March 21, and 22 /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif .

P.P.S. FA REAL, the last thing.......BRING ME PRESENTS, TIT IS MY BIRTHDAY, AND I DEMAND THAT YALL SHOWER ME WITH GIFTS!!! That is all..

17. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

dom by anychance do you play CnC Generals?

18. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    to Mike (or anyone else),

just wanted to let you know I got my ticket, so I'll be there.

See you guys

Spotlite

19. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Sorry, have to bow out of this one. I'll be in China. Good luck hydra.

20. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Im with Plague...damn...socal is representing pretty well. To bad no one else seems to want to travel. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif