1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VF4 evolution] ranking match & prize

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by akirafudo, May 14, 2003.

1. akirafudo

akirafudo New Member

Anyone can tell me how the PRIZE system works in the VS mode ( human vs human) ? why and when sometimes appear "RANKING MATCH" and "WINNER GET A PRIZE"........ and last, why when i win a prize is only 200g instead a 400g of my friend who play with me??

PLEASE HELP

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    To understand Rankings, read the Ranking Guide. While that guide is not for Evolution, the system is mainly the same. Only some small details in Evolution's Ranking system have changed (new high ranks, etc).

Prize matches are totally random. You have no way of knowing when they'll appear, and what the prize is. There are different kinds of prizes though, represented by the types of chests. The more extravagent looking the prize match screen and chest looks, the more valuable the prize is likely to be. You'll mostly get money as a prize, and sometimes items.

3. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

One thing i've noticed, and this could be pure coincidence:

When i finish a quest mode challenge, it asks me if i want to go back to the map screen, and i say no... very often the next match is a prize match. Most of the rest of the time the prize matches seem competely random. But almost always, after completing a task, i get the prize match.

Like i said, i could be imagining this.