1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 in Europe

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Guest, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

There is a Virtua Fighter 4 in the italian city Rimini! Pretty astonishing- as far as I know not even Trocadero has got one yet!

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Damn! Is it the final version? (Does it have Vanessa?)

And is it ver.B? (Does Akira have the df+P+K+G,P move, for example?)

3. ORMI

ORMI Member

I wasn`t there... some guy told me. Would you mind explaining how you can distinguish the versions so that I can ask him?

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Erm, I posted the distinctions in parentheses above =)

The final version should have Vanessa as the 13th character. In challenge mode, the challenger should be able to select from 13 (14?) different arenas, whereas VF4test had just 8 arenas.

Version B was released in Japan on August 20 (or 21, I forgot). I think you should be able to see ver.B at the bottom of the attract screen, and it should also say (C) Sega 2001 (instead of 2000). A whole bunch of moves have been added or tweaked in Version B as well. Akira has gained the most new moves:
    - b,f+P+K+G
    - df+P+K+G, P
    - d,db,b+P
    so if any of those work, you know it's the updated version.

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

the easiest, non-gameplay way to tell is if it says "presented by SEGA-AM2". if you see "presented by CRI/SEGA" (or just CRI anywhere), it's the older one.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

^
    ||
    / \
    Like he said. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. ORMI

ORMI Member

I`m waiting for the answer.
    Is it the first known VF4 machine in Europe or not?

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say so. VF test version has been in the UK (Bayswater) since early July. Though yours could be the final version. And as far as I know that has not been released here in England.

Adio.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'd be psyched if there actually is a VF4 ver.B in Italy. Coz that would mean Sega is starting to ship them worldwide...

10. ORMI

ORMI Member

Is it possible to upload new charackter like Namco is doing with Tekken 4 or will it be necessary to by a new machine for each version (and how many arcades can affort that)?

Give in to win!

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I doubt Sega will introduce a new character in a newer version of VF4; there is no precedent for this in VF1/2/3. But, versions can be updated by slotting in a new GD-ROM (Sega's proprietary CD-ROM format that stores more data per disc) rather than replacing the PCB or flashing the ROM.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Well FeixaQ there was also no precedent in takeing a character like Taka out :D

Still no VF4-machine in rich Switzerland so it seems......sniff

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's true... my guess is AM2 didn't want to deal with the unique framerates/throws/etc. associated with Taka...?

14. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

except if there are any forthcoming revisions (and call me crazy, but i'm still willing to bet that there will be) then it means we're probably screwed. it'll be just like vf3 rev C in north america/europe all over again.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Well, perhaps SoA will actually distribute new revs on GD-ROM? *gasp* =)

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Come now, that's far too much to expect. I'm still waiting for them to get the button layout right!

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

You know, that's the thing that has bewildered me since years ago. Sega produces awesome arcade games, but for some reason, they just can't get their marketing/product development act together. Hence the transition to software only, I guess...

18. ORMI

ORMI Member

He doesn`t remember exactly, but probably it was the Testvers., cose he probably hasn`t seen Vanessa.

Give in to win!