1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 movement system?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Feb 15, 2002.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i've never really though to ask or try this out for some reason, but is there no movement cancels with evading in VF4? i.e the simple but popular evade & drouch dash..(VF3)

i wonder if anyone has tried to bring back the k-step? this may sound stupid or old to some people, but there seems to be all the right frames or movement if i'm not mistaken?..

any thoughts?.. i don't really read much about VF4's whole movement system compared to the rest of the series (unless it's somewhere on this site?)

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Take a look at either the shinz_step movies, or some of the akira_mooksuk_vs_akira_shinz movie clips. Shinz plays a dominating Akira that evades and crouch dashes like it's nothing.

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

really? do you have a link?...

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

they're not that neat, but you can watch them anyway at
    <a target="_blank" href=http://tbzone.gameshot.net/download/korea/korea4.html>tbzone.gameshot.net/download/korea/korea4.html</a>
    (at least I think it's in korea4. Go up a level if it's not)

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

thanks creed,

what would you guys do if you ever came head-to-head with shinZ in a tournament finals? mann.... i think i'd just get up and walk off!..

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

i think i'd just get up and walk off!..

That's the best suggestion I've heard from you since you started posting on this board...I'm kidding.
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gifx391029

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

heh, well it's a smart one...

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'm at a level where I have the slightest prayer vs. ShinZ. I'd play him with a heavy and hope to just outguess him 3 or 4 times. I definitely wouldn't bother with my pai...