1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4FT Ver.A

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Myke, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You knew it was coming, right? Currently on location test in Tokyo, Ver.A has the following changes:

Akira:
    [6][6][P]+[K] damage reduced from 20 to 18 pts.
    [6][6][P]+[K][P] damage reduced from 20 to 18 pts.

Pai:
    [6][6][P]+[K] now causes foot collapse on any counter hit.

Lau:
    [8][P] damage increased from 15 to 16 pts.

Wolf:
    [6][P]+[K] (B2) Sobering effect reduced from 2 to 1 dp.

Jeffry:
    [P]+[K][P] (B1) now knocks down when it hits an opponent's back.

Jacky:
    (Slide Shuffle) [3][3][K] Can not cancel the slide shuffle step anymore.

Kage:
    [2][K]+[G] damage reduced from 30 to 28 pts.

Sarah:
    (Flamingo Stance) [3][K] now causes stomach crumble on any counter hit.
    [K]+[G] (B1) the advantage on hit or guard has been changed.

Shun:
    [6][P] (B1) attack class changed to high elbow class.

Aoi:
    [3][3][P]+[K] damage increased from 20 to 23 pts.
    [2][K][P] on counter hit, the two hits combos.

Brad:
    [2_][3][P] (A1) doesn't sober anymore.
    [3][K] the crouching stagger it causes is now changed to a crouch hit stagger.
    [4][6][K]+[G] damage reduced from 27 to 25 pts.
    (Sway Back) [P]+[K][P] damage reduced from 18 to 16 pts.
    (Sway Back) [P]+[K][P][K] damage reduced from 20 to 16 pts.
    (Sway Back) [P]+[K][P][K] (on hit) [3][K] damage reduced from 20 to 15 pts.

No mention of Lion, Vanessa, Lei, or Goh yet.

Source: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Toys/4240/ftvera.html

*Edited by Srider for mistakes.*

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

hadoken.

GE

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

That's it. Now I'm nervous they'll nerf brad back to stoneage... How complete are these lists? Aka can we expect much more changes to the characters already listed?

/KiwE (Puts on his lucky cap)

4. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

Jacky:
    Slide Shuffle [3][3][K] can't be cancelled (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure this is referring to the very high damage combos jacky could get with things like [K]+[G] -> SS [3][3][K], or [4][6][P]+[K], SS [3][3][K]. I don't know the inputs for these though, but the damage is high.

5. Raptor1017

Raptor1017 Well-Known Member

I think we all knew it was coming. Now, I'm just gonna hope thay give Pai a lil more this time around.

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    You knew it was coming, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

guess i'll expect ver.D for the UK then. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

What did I say version A -->> B. Then console version in March typical Sega B.S. These mofos I tell u love jerking us Foreigners around. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

*Giggles* at the Canadians

8. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

I love it. This guy goes to Akiba Sega and notices some moves do 2 points less than before. How are they getting these measurements!?

Doesn't look like there are too many earth shattering changes yet. I don't even think people have fully explored the current version yet. But I for one am happy to see that Jacky's SS [3][3]+[K] got changed. People can do that move so fast that it looks like they don't SS at all. Sneaky jacky bastard.

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

so sega fucked up in evo then? Hrmmm....?

10. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    People can do that move so fast that it looks like they don't SS at all. Sneaky jacky bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not easy and requires someone to put the time into learning how to it consistently and with application in a match. I have no issues with that. In fact, I like aspects of the game with difficult execution for someone to learn. Changing this, I think, dumbs the game down.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

11. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

[ QUOTE ]
    But I for one am happy to see that Jacky's SS + got changed. People can do that move so fast that it looks like they don't SS at all. Sneaky jacky bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you do it you don't actually do the SS, but do the SS [3][3][K] from a standstill... It is pretty easy to do except for buffering it after [4][6][P]+[K] which I havn't been able to do yet after multiple tries...

This is a huge addition for Jacky especially after [K]+[G] since you can mix up that and follow up [2][K]+[G] or the [3][3][K]... In other situations if the opponent knows it is coming they can dodge it or just block it... It might be difficult to react to, but I definitely go up against opponents who nail me everytime I try to do beatknuckle into [3][3][K] cancel... I'm definitely going to miss it when it is gone though "(

-Alex

12. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

The local arcade now has Version A, so I'd imagine that has been released all over Japan by now... Now during the title screen (and also during the black screen between when you select your character and when the match actually begins) it says VER A in small text...

The only difference I noticed immediately is that you can no longer do Jacky's SS 33K from a standstill... I had gotten used to doing it so often, it is going to take some time to unlearn! So you Jacky players in Canada enjoy the cheese while you still can /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Alex

13. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    The only difference I noticed immediately is that you can no longer do Jacky's SS 33K from a standstill... I had gotten used to doing it so often, it is going to take some time to unlearn! So you Jacky players in Canada enjoy the cheese while you still can

[/ QUOTE ]

................................................................................

14. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    supergolden said:
    The only difference I noticed immediately is that you can no longer do Jacky's SS 33K from a standstill... I had gotten used to doing it so often, it is going to take some time to unlearn! So you Jacky players in Canada enjoy the cheese while you still can /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it appears that the SS-Cancel is thebiggest change. Rumour has it that our Op is looking into getting us Ver. A. So, Johnson may lose his "cheese" soon -- that boy can do it after everything and it's particularly nasty when you're used to a combo ending and you quickly attack to try and knock Jacky out of SS, and then WHAM kick and hit throw for big damage.

kbcat.

15. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

lol I just used Jacky like once or twice so far. Anyways, Jacky is at slightly advantage after that kick is blocked. I guess they have to change it somehow.

16. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

There were some mistakes in Myke's initial post. I've corrected them and also added it to the system change thread.