1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Kage TFT Combos

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Drift, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Use this thread to post FS TFT combos.

Here are a couple to get started:

With knee:
    All but Taka (81dmg): [4][6][P][+][G], [3][3][6][K], [6_][P], [6][6][P][+][K], [K][P][K]

Without knee:
    All but Taka (73dmg): [4][6][P][+][G], [2][P][+][K], [4][P], [K][+][G], [K][P][K]

If you have the timing of Kage's [4][6][K][+][G][K][K] hit-combo down:

Aoi and heavier (not Taka) (83 dmg): [4][6][P][+][G], [3][3][6][K], [6_][P], [6][6][P][+][K], [4][6][K][+][G][K][K](on hit)

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I swore I saw someone doing DPoD as a finisher for it but the stuff I've made up caps out below 70 damage. Any idea of something better that uses it?

Also if you replace the [K][P][K] finisher with his [4][6][K]+[G][K]([K] on hit) it will net 2 more damage making it 83.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I have big trouble figuring out where the buffer window starts in his new TFT and cant pull off knee reliably yet because of that, so I figured an easier combo to just play some in online,
    TFT -> [K]+[G] (high bounce) -> [P] -> [6][6][P]+[K] (low bounce) -> [4][6][K]+[G][K](on hit)[K]
    For 70something damage.
    Ofc there are better ones but thats just something easy..

4. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

All but Taka (86 dmg):
    [4][6][P][+][G], [3][3][6][K], [P], [K][+][G], (slight delay) [4][6][K][+][G][K][K](on hit)

All but Taka (84 dmg):
    [4][6][P][+][G], [3][3][6][K], [P], [K][+][G], [K][P][K]

The slight delay is required to get the final hit of [4][6][K][+][G][K][K](on hit) to land. Wait until the opponent pops up instead of entering with fastest timing.

On Eileen, the final hit of the second combo (when entered without any delay) hits very low to the ground and allows for a followup down attack if it is not tech-ed.

Vanessa and lighter:
    (88 dmg): [4][6][P][+][G], [3][3][6][K], [4][P], [6][6][P][+][K], (slight delay) [4][6][K][+][G][K][K](on hit)

(86 dmg): [4][6][P][+][G], [3][3][6][K], [4][P], [6][6][P][+][K], [K][P][K]

5. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

@Manji: The method that works best for me is to wait until I see that Kage has kicked the opp. into the air. Basically, after Kage's leg is coming down from vertical. Then I do a very deliberate [6][3][2][3][6][K] motion. I used to just do [3][3][6][K], but I wasn't getting the knee consistently enough. Took me a while to get used to the new motion.

Valakrie likes this.
  6. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

110 Damage TFT Wall Combo

All but Taka:

[4][6][P][+][G], let hit wall, [9][K][+][G], [​IMG][3][P], [K][+][G], [​IMG][6][K], [4][6][K][+][G][K][K](on hit), [3][K][+][G]

For this to work, there must be 4 wall hits:
    1) The TFT
    2) [​IMG][3][P]
    3) [​IMG][6][K]
    4) final [K] of [4][6][K][+][G][K][K](on hit)

There is another 110 damage TFT wall combo, but it doesn't work on all characters like this one. Besides, c'mon! This combo has it all! ^,^

If you lead into this combo with [3][K], wall stagger, [1][P][+][K] it becomes a 146-damage "combo". It can be broken with fastest stagger recovery from the wall hit or, of course, (easy)teching the throw on reaction from the wall hit.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    TFT -> [3][3][6][K] -> [6][2][3][P]+[K] : [P] : [K] : [K] is possible, does 88. I did it on Lau. I tried it with extra punch after knee, didnt work.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    88? I'm getting 82 pts with this combo. So just for comparison:

1. [4][6][P][+][G] > [3][3][6][K] > [6][2][3][P][+][K][P]![K]![K] 82 pts
    2. [4][6][P][+][G] > [3][3][6][K] > [P] > [K][+][G] > [K][P][K] 84 pts
    3. [4][6][P][+][G] > [3][3][6][K] > [P] > [K][+][G] > [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] 86 pts

As Drift mentioned, for combo 3 to work in open space you just need a slight delay and I find buffering a forward dash helps. Obviously, when near a wall, combo 3 will end with a wall splat which can then be continued.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Hmm I must have misremembered somehow then..
    EDIT: Or I didnt have exact recovery on for the last hit of DPoD.

10. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

TFT to sober Shun,

[4] [6] [P] [+] [G]> [P] [+] [K](-1 dp)> [4] [P]> [P]> [6] [6] [P] [+] [K](-1 dp)> [4] [6] [K] [+] [G] [K] [K](-1 dp, also require a little bit delay or dash whatever you do) = 78 dmg

Valakrie and Chanchai like this.
  11. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

TFT carry-to-wall combos:

46P+G, 2_6K, P, K+G, 623P+K, 46K+GK!K, 7K+G (or 3K+G some chars)

This combo's damage depends on the original distance from the wall. If the 2_6K hits the opponent into the wall the damage is 98 pts. However, if the P after the knee is the first wall hit then the damage will be 109 pts. The entire combo lands in both scenarios, though, and it's the most reliable damage I've found in a carry-to-wall TFT combo.

It is possible to eke out a bit more damage with a carry-to-wall TFT. At a precise, character-specific distance, one can land 46P+G, 2_6K, 2_3P, K+G, 623P+K, 46K+GK!K, 7K+G (or 3K+G some chars) for 117 pts damage. The 2_3P must hit the opponent on the wall high enough to land K+G afterword. Because of this, heavier characters actually have to be thrown further away from the wall than lighter characters. To illustrate how precise the distance requirement is, on the Dojo stage, this combo can be landed on Jeffry only by forward dashing once from round start position (center stage.) Any further away and the 46K+GK!K won't wall splat for the final hit. Any closer and the 2_3P hits too low on the wall.

12. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Good stuff

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just a general bit of advice, unless you're going to KO the opponent I would advise heavily against using [7][K][+][G] as a finisher on an opponent all but slumped onto the floor.

A decent opponent will quick rise and punish you heavily! Yes, it's probably the best attack for max damage but the Okizeme options are suicidal. So in a real game situation, when the deed is not yet done, then you really should be forgoing damage for oki.

Always try to think one step ahead!

Pai~Chun and Chanchai like this.
  14. cobratron

I'll keep this in mind as I tend to use it out of habit as an ender. Partially because how cool it looks.

15. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Ring-out:

46P+G > walk forward > P+K > 4P > 6_P > 66P+K > (forward dash)46K+GK!K

This combo can ring out all characters (minus Taka) from center stage even over a low wall if done perfectly.

The hard part is the walk forward > P+K. You can skip the walk forward if you prefer, obviously giving up a small amount of range (enough to miss the ring out over low walls from max distance). Also, I recommend using 236P, not 6_P, if you frequently get elbow instead of the walking jab or have trouble doing 6_P > 66P+K. Beware of getting the HCF roll, however. The combo has the usual problems with landing the 46K+GK!K on some characters. You can use KPK instead after dashing; On lighter characters, you can still get low wall ring out from max range with KPK if you got a bit of the walk forward. Using KPK gives up noticeable distance on an open stage, though.

16. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Nice. This is the sobering combo too right?

I was trying to use 2P+K for my distance combo instead of P+K.

17. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

@Elite: Yes, this is the same as the sober combo (-3dp) with a bit of extra movement added to increase its range. mmm dual purpose combo /drool

18. cobratron

For 10 less damage and somewhat easier for me since I miss the [​IMG][6][K]:

TFT > wall > [9][K]+[G] > [3_][P] > [K]+[G] > [4][6][K]+[G][K][K] > [4][6][K]+[G][K][K] . [3][K]+[G] = 100(11 hit)

With the [3][K] and [1][P]+[K] added it does 136(13 hit)

For an even simpler version when not in the mood for timing the [3_][P] I use:

[3][K] > [1][P]+[K] > TFT > wall > [9][K]+[G] > [P] > [K]+[G] > [4][6][K]+[G][K][K] > [4][6][K]+[G][K][K] > [3][K]+[G] = 122

19. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

You can do 623P+K instead of 2_6K. It's more reliable.

20. cobratron

Thanks Dennis this works easily and is only -1 from Drift's original combo.

TFT > wall > [9][K]+[G] > [3_][P] > [K]+[G] > [6][2][3][P]+[K] > [4][6][K]+[G][K][K] > [3][K]+[G] = 109

Adding the [3][K] > [1][P]+[K] causes me to miss the the last part of hit combo everytime maxing at 129. I tried it on Eileen.

*never mind i got it! 145(11-hit)

Kidvid711 likes this.