1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS side tourney @ ECT 4 - June 9-10

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by FightClubHuBBs, May 29, 2012.

1. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    Sup guys, I talked to Johnny about adding VF5FS to the lineup. Well he'd be happy to have VF5 there but there is not enough time to add it to the official roster. So Jaxel and I will be running a VF5FS side tourney on sunday at ECT4. Here's all the extra info you need about ECT.

EDIT

"Okay guys here's the deal. Yu do have to pay venue but they will charge you only $20 instead of full price(spectator fee). VF5FS registration is at noon on Sunday June 10th and the tournament will start at 2pm est on the dot."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ladies and gentlemen, Joe "iloveu" Ciaramelli (AKA Long Island Joe) and John
    "SweetJohnnyCage" Gallagher are proud to present:

East Coast Throwdown 4

http://ecthrowdown.com
    http://facebook.com/ecthrowdown
    http://twitter.com/ecthrowdown

===================================

SPONSORED BY:

One Frame Link
    Ultra Spec Cables
    NAMCO-BANDAI Games
    Mad Catz
    Tritton
    Autumn Games
    Reverge Labs
    Hit Box
    www.VideoGameCentral.com

East Coast Throwdown 3 marked a new milestone for the ECT legacy. Every year we nearly double attendance. In 2009, we had a mere 168 players come down to compete in one of the most tense weekends in east coast fighting game history. Players fought through a gauntlet for a chance to play on Team East Coast at Evolution that year. East Coast Throwdown 2 was no different, only that year it was 344 players coming to New Jersey. In 2011, we relocated to a bigger venue, and were one of the first tournaments on the East Coast to host playable demos of Street Fighter X Tekken as well as Skullgirls. ECT3 was also the year that the a west coast player by the name of Michaelangelo took the East Coast's money in Mortal Kombat 9 in one of those most visceral fights versus Chris G. Needless to say, East Coast Throwdown 4 will be no different.

Hello everyone! Joe on the mic here. First I want to say thank you for the continuous support of this event. Every year just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I am sure this year will be no different. I would like to go over a few things which occurred at last years event. We ran into a few problems last year day 1 of the event. These problems were a conglomeration of preventable issues i.e. staff attendance, pool runners, and others things we couldn't have prepared for. We were one of the first to have AE console tournament. It was before the disc was. All of our systems had AE on it but for some reason a handful of them wouldn't load the game properly. This really hurt the AE bracket in general. There was also power outage along the whole left wall which hindered a few different games start and finish time. We have taken these major problems into consideration and already have more staff on hand for this coming year and an extra power supply ready to go. Using the EVO pool system should also make things run a bit more smooth allowing our players to not feel rushed or stretched between the different games.

I want to say I am very excited for this year. I have met some of my best friends through this community by traveling and playing. I hope we can create the same experience for you guys. There is no other community I'd rather be apart of. Thanks everyone for the ongoing support.

Joe and I are really happy with the direction that this tournament is moving in. With an exciting lineup of brand new titles as well as returning favorites, 2012 and East Coast Throwdown 4 are shaping up to be one hell of a year. So, without further ado, here's the information for this year's event!

Hyatt Morristown
    3 Speedwell Avenue
    Morristown, NJ 07960
    (973) 647-1234

=====MASS TRANSIT INFORMATION!!!=====

To get to the hotel using mass transit, please take the Morristown Train Line from Penn Station in New York to the Morristown station.

HOTEL ROOM RESERVATIONS CAN BE MADE!!!

Hotel Room Booking Page

Venue fee is $25 pre-reg and $40 at the door.

East Coast Throwdown 4 has been chosen to be a part of the EVOLUTION 2012 Tournament Season. Much like last year, players who place in the Top 16 in each game's tournament will be awarded seeding points at each of the EVOLUTION 2012 Tournament Season events. These games include Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012, Street Fighter X Tekken, Soulcalibur V, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, as well as King of Fighter XIII. Here's how the point system will work for 2012:

1st Place: 50 points
    2nd Place: 25 Points
    3rd Place: 10 Points
    4th-16th Place: 1 Point

Again, these points will be awarded to players at all Tournament Season events, so be sure to enter as many events as you can leading up to ECT4!

Online registration is now open through www.ecthrowdown.com . We will be taking registration at the door for a premium fee in order to save time and allow everyone to get started with their brackets at the schedule times. If you register at the door, you will not get a choice of what bracket you are placed in. IF YOU REGISTER LATE YOU HAVE A HIGH PROBABILITY OF PLAYING PEOPLE FROM YOUR AREA!! We can't stress online registration enough. It's quick, easy, and painless.

We will also be utilizing a smaller pool system than last year, similar to how EVOLUTION 2011 ran. By ensuring that around 16 or 32 (depending on the game) people are in each bracket, pools can run very fast and very efficiently. I will be doing brackets by hand again this year in order to better guarantee that people don't have to play 2 games at once. Since we're using smaller brackets, there will be more pools available to place players in, making sure you guys don't have to be in 2 places at once. Just report to your pool, stick around for 2-3 hours depending on how you play, and you're done! If you do have to play more than one game at a time, it is YOUR responsibility to tell your pool handler that you're in another game. If you go missing for 20 minutes because you were playing in another tournament, you might get DQ'd because the handler doesn't know where you are.

The games that will be held as main tournaments are as follows:
    •Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •Street Fighter X Tekken (PlayStation 3)
    •Tekken 6 (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •Mortal Kombat 9 (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME on PC, sticks will be provided) - $5
    •King of Fighters XIII (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •Soulcalibur V (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (PlayStation 3) - $10
    •Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PlayStation 2) - $10
    •Skullgirls (PlayStation 3) - $10

Tournament Rules

•Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 ◦2/3 Rounds
    â—¦2/3 Matches, 3/5 Grand Finals
    â—¦Double Elimination
    â—¦All available in-game button macros are legal (PPP, KKK, etc)
    â—¦Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees
    â—¦Please scroll up for EVOLUTION 2012 Tournament Season Point delegations

•Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ◦2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Grand Finals
    â—¦Double Elimination

•Street Fighter X Tekken ◦2/3 Rounds
    â—¦2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Grand Finals
    â—¦Double Elimination
    â—¦GEMS ARE BANNED

•Tekken 6 - Being handled by Juan "tHe real Law" ◦3/5 Rounds
    â—¦Double Elimination

•Mortal Kombat 9 ◦2/3 Rounds
    â—¦Double Elimination
    â—¦Kratos is BANNED
    â—¦DLC Characters are allowed

•King of Fighters XIII ◦2/3 Games
    â—¦Double Elimination

•Soulcalibur V ◦3/5 Rounds
    â—¦8WayRun's Tournament Rules will be in effect for SCV

•Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 ◦2/3 Rounds
    â—¦2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals
    â—¦Double Elimination
    â—¦Noob Saibot is BANNED

•Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition ◦2/3 Rounds
    â—¦Double Elimination
    â—¦Gill is BANNED

•Super Street Fighter II Turbo - Tournament of Legends Qualifiers (1 Saturday, 1 Sunday)
    • ◦Being played on Japanese cabinets with Japanese parts
    â—¦American parts CAN NOT BE USED
    â—¦Matches are 3/5 games, Grand Finals 4/7 Games
    â—¦Entry Fee is $20
    â—¦Payout is 60%/10%/5% â– 20% goes to the EVO Main Event Pot (will be around $3000 after all qualifiers)

•BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extend ◦2/3 Rounds
    â—¦2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Finals and Grand Finals
    â—¦Double Elimination
    â—¦Unlimited Characters are BANNED
    â—¦Loser can change character, winner is character locked

•Guilty Gear XX Accent Core ◦2/3 Rounds
    â—¦Gold, Shadow, and EX Characters are Banned
    â—¦Loser can change character, winner is character locked

•Skullgirls ◦Rules are still being determined by the community
    â—¦Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees + $500 bonus pot

</div></div>

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I thought about ECT since the release date was announced but I think most players from the NYC/NJ area have already made plans how they are going to spend time to get more knowledgeable with the game that weekend.

3. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Me being there is very possible, some friends are driving out for other games and I just gotta put in 1 vacay day.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Well it is only a 40 minute drive. I do want to spend all the time I can learning the game that weekend though. Very temping.

5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod
  6. Tricky

Seriously considering going to this now. I'd take the MTA with the NYC crew and come back home the same day. Rodney and Shag, you folks up for it too?

I was looking at the driving times and with traffic it ends up taking about 1:30hrs which is about as slow as the train so, train wins out.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    So since this is an unofficial tourney I guess VF'ers wouldn't have to register. Spectator fee is $20.

Hubbs or Jaxel, can you tell me when's the best time to arrive if I was to make it out there for pre-sign up/casuals?

8. Tricky

So we still need to pay the spectator fee? Also I'm confirming 100% I'll be coming to this.

9. FightClubHuBBs

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    I'll check with johnny about the fee, but my guess is you will have to pay to play. I think we'll start reg for the game at noon on sunday and start it at 2pm. I'll discuss with Jaxel some more.

10. FightClubHuBBs

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    Okay guys here's the deal. Yu do have to pay venue but they will charge you only $20 instead of full price(spectator fee). VF5FS registration is at noon on Sunday June 10th and the tournament will start at 2pm est on the dot.

11. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hi Jaxel, thanks for streaming VF stuff. Will the stream start at the beginning of the Final Showdown tournament or will the stream be doing multiple games at the same time? If you can provide info that would be great. I would like to add all vf-related streaming info to the tentative VF Streams Schedule Thread.

12. DaiAndOh

DaiAndOh Well-Known Member

I'll be on staff. May not play depending on a few things, but I'll try to watch and help if I got time.

13. Tricky

ah folks I'm not going to be able to make it [​IMG] got another event to go to.

14. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'm on the fence about going, right now its looking 70/30 of me coming out.

Somebody has to rep for NYC. [​IMG]

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Will be played on PS3 correct?

16. FightClubHuBBs

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    yes on ps3.

17. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Quick results

13 players

1. Gamerbee (AK)
    2. Sonic Fox (EI)
    3. Blackula (BR)
    4. Shag (GO)

* - Sonic Fox is 12-14 years old. [​IMG]

8wayrun ECT recorded stream VF tourney starts at 4:47

18. Tricky

I see no Eileen. . . did sonic fox change characters after pools or something?

Congrats on 4th place Shag and to everyone who came out to the event.

19. FightClubHuBBs

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    sonicfox used eileen the whole tournament.

20. SketchCarellz

SketchCarellz Member

Hey all. I'm fairly new to the Virtua Fighter community. I am trying to learn the game and system so I figured that this tournament was a good place to start. I watched the stream and I was very impressed with the gameplay.

Anyway, I decided to trim the videos and upload them on youtube for convenience (I usually do this for Tekken tournament vids on my old channel). If someone else did this or this is normally frowned upon, then I apologize in advance and will take them down. Otherwise, they are in the following link;

East Coast Throwdown 4 - VF5:FS Tournament Matches (Sketch's Youtube Page)

The vids will be uploading all night, so if there is a match you are looking for then check back on the page in a bit and it should be there.