1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5R Goh Changes

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jide, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    http://anime.geocities.jp/henachok/goh/htm/vf5rlc/goh-vf5rlc-review.htm

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif biggest damage throw. 70Pts. I'm assuming his 2nd 270 is gone.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif throw input has changed.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif combos on normal hit, downs opponent. You can do this from crouching. I'm sure you've seen it in the clips now.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a new headbutt. Guard break seems p,k is guranteed.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif new string. The third hit is a hit throw. The damage isn't very big.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif New elbow. Staggers crouching opponents most likely better range maybe better stats? The goh player says its a better move.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif He has a catch throw after the first two hits of the string.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif New down attack. Seems slower than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Guaranteed after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Low Punch cut now recovers high so you can't duck throws and highs.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Seems to be his new command for his knee sabaki. Seems to have had a animation change and is faster.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Is his new elbow sabaki. Throws are much easier to connect from it now. P,K still looks guaranteed.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif Much easier to recover to avoid ground throw.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif Command change for his hit throw. Apparently it now ducks under highs? Still requires Counter hit though.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif . Catch throw can be blocked high?. Although it connects on a yellow flash hit. The guy isn't sure of the property change.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif New shoulder ram command. The guy finds this annoying as the old command will give you his new headbuttt.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif Nothing has changed with the roll. Although you can't use it to escape when you escape a throw.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif Apparently on flyer this is now supposed to knock down on normal hit. But it still causes stagger.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Removed now. The 3rd hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Still exists.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif . New wall throw. 70pts

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif Second wall throw. 70pts

You cannot combo of either of them.

2. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

If Goh's backturned game is still intact /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif means alot now that OM P is gone. Also knee sabaki has to be within 17 frames now as I saw it combo from CH knee, if it still crumples on normal hit, it will be a very good move. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif has a use now that it ducks highs, before knee was almost always the better option at 17 frames. The new elbow definitely has better range which was needed. The 270's seem 100% gone which is a good thing as I wont get 0-frame throws now when I need them.

I can't see any uses for the headbutt unless it's fairly safe on block as it looks kinda slow.

Overall it seems like a slight tone up for Goh.

Edit: What was that about the catch throw? that can be right...can it?

3. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

It's a guard break, stagger on block.

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Well the catch throw used to be escapable before in evo/ft days and it was pretty easy to spam the escape on reflex.
    I guess they're re-balancing it. The damage he can get off on it all the way up to akira is a bit tasty /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Oh...the headbutt guard breaks, that's pretty good.

So it sounds like the catch throw can't be throw escaped but can be guarded and will primarily be a move against etegs? Probably good on wakeup as well since it works on counter hit and could work on people who tech roll then attack.

Do you mean the damage he gets now up to Akira is good or do you mean how much he gets in R?

6. HONTO

HONTO New Member

Why oh WHY did they change the hit throw ?? Now it's way too easy, and contradicts the direction of the throw. This tweak takes away most of the challenge of the move. Oh well. Just hurry up the home port, SEGA.

7. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

I was watching a Goh vid and the throw that used to be /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is now just
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and still does 60 dmg...

Goh vs Jean @ 0:51
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0MIIU9jarY

8. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

i dont think they took out basara, they just added another hitthrow.

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

<s>Which hit throw are you talking about Honto? </s> Read too quick, I know which hit throw you meant now. Not sure what's wrong with making it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif though? And ducking high's is a really nice addition. Not really sure how it got easier either >.> lol. I mean, the ducking highs helps but still requiring CH, seems basically the same in terms of 'difficulty.'

And if the catch throw can be blocked high :\ that doesn't even make sense though lol. A blocked, throw? I get the purpose of it though. And as Lucky_GT pointed out, it'll be good for etegs and Oki options most likely.

10. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

sigh, so much bitching by people who don't matter. :p

11. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif YAY! TY Jide for the translation!!!!

12. AJ24

AJ24 Member

I don't really see the big deal with changing the hit throw direction from the dashing elbow. What I am concerned about is the removal of the 270 throw that ends in the heart punch. I hope it isn't gone for good, but if it is ,oh well.

13. haunts

haunts Well-Known Member

headbutt looks vicious.

14. Anarkira

Anarkira Well-Known Member

Nice thread Jide!
    Im happy with what Ive seen of Goh in VFR so far!
    Loving is new throws,except the wallthrow maybe(reminds too much of Dragonouv=/)

15. Leonard_McCoy

What do you mean by flyer, Jide?

16. Gernburgs

I'm with KrsJin on this one... How can you block a throw? Wouldn't that throw VF's Rock > Paper > Scissors scheme out the window?

His new PKP combo with the hit-throw is gonna be mean. It looks like the hit-throw at the end is the same animation as the forward P ender on the Basara...

Look like if you use PKP in a juggle however, the last P just does damage. Is that possible that it could be an attack and a hit-throw?

17. Gernburgs

I think he's talking about the info flyer they hand out at the loke test...

18. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Good changes but seriously, whats the point of reversing the directions for them lol.

19. Leonard_McCoy

Ah, thanks alot. Makes sense now to me :D. Though it's still kind of contradictory that the move knocks down and causes stagger? ... Hmm ...

20. Leonard_McCoy

Goh also has a new down kick btw (1K) that seems to be a lot better now.

And his new "uppercut" combination string 3PP (38 dmg) that knocks down with the second hit.

The 46P+KP P+G finisher is the Tsukami Grab.