1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US at Combo Breaker 2022, Saturday May 28

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Montage, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Montage

Montage Member

Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown comes to Combo Breaker 2022!

Video of matches before top 4
    Video of Top 4 matches
    Tournament bracket/results:
    bit.ly/VF5atCB22

Where: The Combo Breaker venue is the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center. The Community Tournaments will take place in front of the South Wall center stage. VF5US will be played on six stations located at tables 214 and 224 of the Community Tournament area.

When:
    The VF5US Community Tournament will take place at 5:00pm Central time on Saturday, May 28. The Top 4 matches are scheduled to take place on stream at 8:30pm.

Where to watch: Matches in the Top 4 of the bracket will be broadcast at 8:30pm Central by NetBattles at twitch.tv/NetBattles. Matches prior to Top 4 will be streamed live on twitch.tv/DropkickEvents if a stable internet connection is available in the Community Tournament area. If a stable internet connection is not available, recorded matches will be posted as soon as possible to the Dropkick Events YouTube channel.

Registration
    • The tournament has an entry cap of 64 entrants.
    • Registration for VF5US will be available from this page until 12pm Central time on Saturday, May 28.
    • You will need either a Competitor or Community Pass for CB2022 to enter the venue space and compete in Community Tournaments. Competitor registration for main Combo Breaker games is closed, but you can still register for a Community Pass here.

Seeding: Final seeding will be posted shortly after the close of registration.

Entry fee, prizing, and Global Showdown points:

The VF5US entry fee is $10. 100% of the entry fee goes to the prize pool.

The payout will follow Combo Breaker's standard payout model as follows:

Tournaments with 63 competitors or fewer will pay out to the top 3.
    • 1st Place – 50%
    • 2nd Place – 30%
    • 3rd Place – 20%
    Tournaments with 64 competitors or more will pay out to the Top 8.
    • 1st Place – 42%
    • 2nd Place – 24%
    • 3rd Place – 14%
    • 4th Place – 8%
    • 5th Place (tie) – 4%
    • 7th Place (tie) – 2%
    In addition to the standard prize pool, a pot bonus in the amount raised through this Matcherino page will be paid according to the same percentage breakdown defined above.

Points toward the Global Showdown event ranking will be awarded as determined by @Harpooneer and the Global Showdown staff.

Rules:

This double-elimination tournament will follow Combo Breaker's general tournament rules defined here. All Combo Breaker attendees are expected to abide by the rules and Code of Conduct defined on this page.

All matches will be played on PlayStation 4. Players must provide their own controllers.
    • Following the game’s default settings:
      • All games are first-to-three rounds to win.
      • Rounds are 45 seconds by the in-game timer.
    • Non-Finals matches are first-to-two games to win.
    • Winners Final, Losers Final, and Grand Final matches are first-to-three games to win.
    • Stage selection for the first game in each match is random.
    • The loser of each game has the option to do one or both of the following:
      • Switch character
      • Switch stage (random select)
    Tournament Process
    • Check in with the tournament organizers shortly before the scheduled start time.
    • If you are competing in another game at the same time as the VF5US tournament, please let a TO know as soon as possible and they will find a way to help schedule your matches without penalty. You can message Montage on twitter if you'd like to alert the TOs to any conflict ahead of time.
    • After the tournament begins, stay in or near the tournament area so you can hear your match being called. If you must leave the area during tournament play, be sure to let the tournament organizers know you will be stepping away.
    • Report promptly to the station when your match is called.
    • Report your score to the tournament organizers after your match.
    • Players who do not report for their matches in a timely manner will be penalized with a match loss (DQ).

Helpful links:

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  2. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

If you make a matcherino. I'll help out with the funds to donate to your matcherino

Montage and BlackGeneral like this.
  3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Just registered. Really looking forward to it.

VFhayato, Montage, ChiefGutti and 5 others like this.
  4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Chanchai likes this.
  5. Montage

Montage Member

I've edited the top post here and submitted an event page with all the details I could think of, but feel free to reach out to me on Twitter with any other questions!

@VFhayato The Matcherino page is now live here.

@akai Registration was temporarily closed while they were seeding the main events, but it has reopened. VF5US registration has been extended until noon central time on the 28th.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    All in Together Community Tournament at Combo Breaker - May 28 - Online Schaumburg, IL, USA - Double Elimination
    • Twitch Archive - VF5US Top 4 starts at the ~8 hour mark
    • Bracket/Results -
      • 1st Place: Tricky (EI)
      • 2nd Place: Limy (LE)
      • 3rd Place: KowtowRobinson (LA)
      • 4th Place: Setsuna_X (AK)

MarlyJay and Montage like this.
  7. Montage

Montage Member

This event was so much fun, and it made me happy to see such a great showing. There was a great variety of characters and playstyles on display, and some incredible matches.

Here is a recap thread I posted to Twitter: https://twitter.com/dropkickevents/status/1530993064386363400

I will share more photos here soon, and will upload 20 additional matches to the Dropkick Events YouTube (they're rendering now, but it'll take quite some time to upload on hotel internet, I imagine).

Great to see everyone that made it out! I'll post details about the CEO 2022 VF5US side tournament soon (CEO sent me official confirmation a few days ago that we are approved to run it, and I have been so focused on Combo Breaker that I haven't gotten a chance to make the start.gg page yet). This tournament will have a $1,000 prize pool bonus courtesy of Team Strike First!

MarlyJay and akai like this.
  8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks for running the event! Based on bracket and removing the DQs from the tally, the All in Community tournament at Combo Breaker is the largest offline VF5US tournament in the USA right now (37)

Montage likes this.
  9. Montage

Montage Member

Dreamboat, erdraug and akai like this.