1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US: IMO ATM: great 2D fighter.

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Deleted member 17614, May 8, 2022.

1. "2D Fighter"-- that's because your lines of attack are on a 2D plane (X axis).

I've been playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special... & and the different fight planes in that game reminded me of VF5US.
    (the into/ out of line of attack evades you can do).
    But Real Bout FFS lets you combo opponents out of & back into the different fighting planes. (yeah, it's limited to chain combos so far as I know)
    I thought that was cool.

So, to delve further below the VF mechanics iceberg-- I'm gonna' try to restrict the dodge mechanic & try playing VF5US like SF5.
    (30 losses in a row ensues vs. Kamisarh)

GGs.